Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone update me on what he said? I saw a tweet saying that Robbo, Chip, Rohan and Vitamins McVeigh were on.... obviously would have been a nice and balanced discussion
He said that the Bomber camp were stunned-fully expected to win, That chances were high that Hirdy will appeal but the club may not-there may be different routes ( assume Little is getting it at last). Said for Hirdy it was all about the players, although in another breath, also said it was about Hirdy regaining his reputation( which he acknowledged couldn't get any worse). Had to go so didn't hear his take on coaching etc.

Where does Chip fit in with this?

Also who the hell is this chip bloke?
My limited experience with journalists is that they are one of the laziest professions out there. Numerous time my PR firms have written up advertorials as a brief for a story and they have been printed word for word. Seems pretty much what Chip has been doing. Only difference is I have been running press ads at the time.

Robbo showed his position. He isn't a EFC supporter, he is all in with Hird. Credit to Connolly, although he sleeps in an Essendon onesie, the club is bigger than the individual with him

My 14yr old son listened to the discussion and had one question for me that I couldn't answer. How? How is Robbo in the Media? Robbo writes at at grade six level and is total compromised in his opinions
Your son's reading level of already three times greater than his readership, that's how!

He said that the Bomber camp were stunned-fully expected to win, That chances were high that Hirdy will appeal but the club may not-there may be different routes ( assume Little is getting it at last). Said for Hirdy it was all about the players, although in another breath, also said it was about Hirdy regaining his reputation( which he acknowledged couldn't get any worse). Had to go so didn't hear his take on coaching etc.
The best part was after Rohan said that Hird had damaged his reputation, Robbo saying that after the articles written by Fairfax Hirds reputation couldn't be damaged any further

McVeigh was pretty reasoned. He said something like: the players would have to carry around the drug cheat label and they didn't deserve that and it stays with them forever. Thus they would be reluctant to plead guilty.

He did say something like: The players don't believe they have taken banned drugs but then hinted at the possibility that could be questionable.

The panel then mentioned that if that was the case then the players could sue the club and all agreed that was be a disaster.

I've missed a fair bit there, but that was what stuck with me.
Mcveigh is one of the players who would carry around the drug cheat label.....he talks about the players as if it has nothing to do with him.

Last edited:
My 14yr old son listened to the discussion and had one question for me that I couldn't answer. How? How is Robbo in the Media? Robbo writes at at grade six level and is total compromised in his opinions

The general rule of thumb for journalists (or at least how I was taught) is to write so a year 6-7 student can understand.

The general rule of thumb for journalists (or at least how I was taught) is to write so a year 6-7 student can understand.
Agreed, but their is a difference in being able to write at a year 6 level and being able to comprehend at a year 6 level.Not many (if any) year 6 students can write like JK Rowling but plenty can understand it.

Mcveigh is one of the players who would carry around the drug cheat label.....he talks about the players as if it has nothing to do with him.

Spike refuses to say whether or not he has received a SCN. However, most of his comments then sound like he has been served

The best part was after Rohan said that Hird had damaged his reputation, Robbo saying that after the articles written by Fairfax Hirds reputation couldn't be damaged any further
That's right he did too. Beautiful Robbo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McVeigh was pretty reasoned. He said something like: the players would have to carry around the drug cheat label and they didn't deserve that and it stays with them forever. Thus they would be reluctant to plead guilty.

He did say something like: The players don't believe they have taken banned drugs but then hinted at the possibility that could be questionable.

The panel then mentioned that if that was the case then the players could sue the club and all agreed that was be a disaster.

I've missed a fair bit there, but that was what stuck with me.

LOL McVeigh. How about that apology to Reimers? He's been carrying your label of a liar for long enough. Be a man and apologize.

Hird won’t walk, either. It’s not in his DNA to walk. Some will call it arrogance and denial to the extreme. Others say he is a fighter, a fierce competitor, and he’ll do everything and take on anything to clear his name, the players and the footy club.

Honestly, when will he actually apportion some blame to Hird?

Hird won’t walk, either. It’s not in his DNA to walk. Some will call it arrogance and denial to the extreme. Others say he is a fighter, a fierce competitor, and he’ll do everything and take on anything to clear his name, the players and the footy club.

Honestly, when will he actually apportion some blame to Hird?
It's hard to get through to an ADHD case like Robbo. I think our best chance would've been justice Middleton summing up his verdict by jumping on the desk holding a machine gun, yelling "not in MY TOWN" and opening fire on the gallery.

The ruling and language used are that far beyond Robbo's level of understanding I'm not surprised he's still badly missing the point re Hird. 'Stunningly dismissed'? Pft. Stunning to who? Hird, Little and their dumb s**t bunch of blind sheep/followers? That's all that were 'stunned'.

Last edited:
Robbo just cannot see this objectively. If Hird had a normal relationship with the sports science dept along the lines of "do what you do best" then you could make a reasonable case for him. Wet behind the ears, ignorant etc.

Unfortunately for James, the evidence suggest he was in it up to his (considerable) ears ... the allegations of other clubs having some sort of substance benefits & the need to catch-up, the meetings with Dank, the incriminating texts with Dank, the "co-incidental" Charters meeting and his previous relationship, the Corcoran texts to cut Doc Reid out, the receiving of injections himself, the ostracising of football director Paul Hamilton, having being put entirely complicit by the Weapon on national television ...

Join the friggin dots Robbo. Some coaches make one bad decision and the media happily decree them dead men walking but not Hirdy. Why Robbo would risk his career and reputation in face of damining evidence is mind-boggling.

Here's a tip Robbo. Go back over all the reports, interviews, evidence etc from the past few years and change Hird's name to Smith or Jones and Essendon's name to Hawthorn or Collingwood. Then give us your opinion.

Last edited:
The ruling and language used in it are that far beyond Robbo's level of understanding I'm not surprised he is still so badly missing the point regarding Hird. 'Stunningly dismissed' pft stunning to who? Hird, Little and their dumb s**t bunch of blind sheep followers that's all that were 'stunned'.
I watched Robbo through the proceedings and was like a kid on raspberry cordial. Looking around the court room as others diligently noted key points. It was a a real Castle Moment (at 1:38). Sadly Robbo was not up to the Roman Numeral caper

That latest article is a cracker even by Robbo standards, he is too upset and stressed to even try to string together sentences or anything resembling coherent thought.

"Gut feel says the players won’t roll."

"Hird won’t walk, either. It’s not in his DNA to walk. Some will call it arrogance and denial to the extreme. Others say he is a fighter, a fierce competitor, and he’ll do everything and take on anything to clear his name, the players and the footy club."

"So does the AFL. It wont’ lean on McDevitt in any way because last time the league interfered — CEO Gill McLachlan suggested to Little that players voluntarily stand down to minimise future penalties, which doesn’t look a bad move today — the AFL was harangued by all and sundry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back