Toast Congratulations Matt Priddis - 2014 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Very well deserved and it just goes to show how under-rated he is in Victoria.

Also is he the first ever Sandover medallist to win a Brownlow?

Nice bloke, but not the best player in our team let alone the comp.
No point being the best if you don't perform every week.
Great to see the brownlow go to one of the most consistent players in the comp.

Here's what I think:

Umpires give him votes, so they must reckon he's pretty good.
Coaches give him votes, so they must reckon he's pretty good.
Media give him votes, so they must reckon he's pretty good.
Selection committee keep picking him each week, so they must reckon he's pretty good.
Selection committee vote him as one of the leaders of the club even.

But no, it's the opinions of a few select fools on the Eagles BigFooty board who are the true bastions of truth, and everyone else, including the media, umps selection committees and coaches all are clearly out of their heads and don't watch games at all.
Surprisingly, he also won this year's SGIO fans award on the Eagles website.

Considering some of the threads on this board saying he should have been dropped for younger blood, this is amazing. I woke up this morning and thought I had just dreamt this. Classic

Just watched his interview after he arrived back in Perth. Pridda's a great guy, you can't help but feel over the moon for him. I'm proud he's a part of our great club.

I have removed about 6 pages of crap now, so here is a last warning, if you are going to come on here and derail this thread it is going to be a week ban, from this board, not just the thread, straight up.
I'm running out of red and getting shitty, so try me if you want.
Oh, and to stay on topic, congrats Matty for the fifth time.

Get in you beauty! Matty Priddis must feel like he is dreaming!

The Brownlow is more valuable than the Western Derby trophy, so when you think about it, West Coast had a more successful year than Freo!

So happy for him and what a top bloke he seems. It's a great story of the battler who showed them all in the end. The haters can get stuffed I say. Yeah there's more talented footballers out there but geez he can find the footy like no others can.

Being overseas I didn't get to watch it or any of the footy shows this week but from all I've read he has shown nothing but humility and class, and is a very popular and respected winner amongst his team mates and peers. Well done Matt and congrats to you..I'm glad and proud that you are an Eagle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have removed about 6 pages of crap now, so here is a last warning, if you are going to come on here and derail this thread it is going to be a week ban, from this board, not just the thread, straight up.
I'm running out of red and getting shitty, so try me if you want.
Oh, and to stay on topic, congrats Matty for the fifth time.

Good to see you finally bear your claws.

Good to see you finally bear your claws.

Swannies
2085934-liljapaneseguy.jpg

Wonder how many people tipped priddis to be our next brownlow winner in that thread we had a while back.

I think most thought it was going to be Shuey or Yeo

I think a bump is in order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back