Champions League T20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looked like he was playing on a different pitch to the others. Some skipper's knock that.

Long way yet but if he did establish himself in the team is he a future international Captain?

Did Captain Australia at U19 level and would be the first proper Western Australian to Captain since Kim Hughes wouldn't he?

Long way yet but if he did establish himself in the team is he a future international Captain?

Did Captain Australia at U19 level and would be the first proper Western Australian to Captain since Kim Hughes wouldn't he?

I wouldn't say no flat out, but I have massive issues with AR's being captains. They always over bowl themselves, which is a huge issue with Marsh and his injury issues. I would prefer Smith to take the reigns, then look to Jake Doran longer term.

I wouldn't say no flat out, but I have massive issues with AR's being captains. They always over bowl themselves, which is a huge issue with Marsh and his injury issues. I would prefer Smith to take the reigns, then look to Will Bosisto longer term.
Good post! :rainbow:

I wouldn't say no flat out, but I have massive issues with AR's being captains. They always over bowl themselves, which is a huge issue with Marsh and his injury issues. I would prefer Smith to take the reigns, then look to Jake Doran longer term.

Yeah Smith is still my preference.

He's got the advantage of having performed at test level and Captained at Shield level

Good post! :rainbow:

Well lets be honest here, Steve Smith is a natural leader, he will be the skipper. It is good to have a number of players with leadership qualities- Marsh would be one, Warner, Doran (when he gets a go, and he will), etc.

Yeah Smith is still my preference.

He's got the advantage of having performed at test level and Captained at Shield level

Also, is liked internally and there are already plans with him captaining a few games. Whilst they won't say it I have no doubt that Bailey has been tapped on the shoulder a little and internally that is the 'excuse' they need to give Smith a few games as captain. I rate Mitch Marsh but we tried this captaincy with Watson...what happened, he bowled himself into the ground and broke down (again).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, is liked internally and there are already plans with him captaining a few games. Whilst they won't say it I have no doubt that Bailey has been tapped on the shoulder a little and internally that is the 'excuse' they need to give Smith a few games as captain. I rate Mitch Marsh but we tried this captaincy with Watson...what happened, he bowled himself into the ground and broke down (again).

He breaks down regularly and captaincy has nothing to do it. I can't see Marsh captaining Aus much because being an allrounder is difficult.

He breaks down regularly and captaincy has nothing to do it. I can't see Marsh captaining Aus much because being an allrounder is difficult.

It had a lot to do with it during that period. All rounders are horrible captains though, you are right.

It had a lot to do with it during that period. All rounders are horrible captains though, you are right.

Where did I say that all all-rounders are horrible captains?o_O This particular captain-in-waiting has done his hammy again - though only slightly by the sounds of it.

Ahh well, considering the fragility of the Marsh boys, it was bound to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back