Parkside are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

Old timers remember St Andrews, Doveton etc. But today's a diff era. Nothing to see here Max.

Old timers remember St Andrews, Doveton etc. But today's a diff era. Nothing to see here Max.
Reliving past nightmares.

When Big Frank S ran out on the field, you knew you were info a good afternoon.

Yes it's a new era, thanks god for that. My club were no choir boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one has mentioned yet the No 1 notorious 'team' who only lasted one season in VAFA in 1980 - Coolaroo Rovers.
Their players mainly came from a Pentridge prison release scheme...
After two rounds, the VAFA arranged for two divvy vans to attend the rest of their games.

Our first game against them at their ground was called off with 10 minutes to go in the last quarter after our goal umpire was knocked out,
the field umpire fled from the ground in his car leaving his gear behind, and their 'supporters' jumped the fence and started an all-in brawl.

Hey! That happened to the umpires at Albert Park, when I was being observed in my first D4 seniors clash to determine if I was destined for brighter things.

Maybe it was the same street filth involved?
Could have been the observer after witnessing your performance. Just sayin.........:)

Richmond Central v East Brunswick... Match was abandoned before half time due to an all in brawl... Umpires car rolled over as a result.

I remember umpiring this team in a final (D2 Senior 1st Semi-Final against Salesian OC) at Essendon Grammar in 2001.

And now after 12 years in the Northern FL, Parkside return to the VAFA. All that it needs now is final approval by AFL Victoria.

Out Banyule In Parkside.

http://www.vafa.com.au/index.php?id...]=1565&cHash=1886ad777e4bc2e2e2bef42ada8570e8
Have been king hit twice in aover 15 years of senior football and both were against Parkside. My 'favourite' was when i was running back to the centre after we kicked a goal and the next thing i new i was waking up with a mouthful of blood and a sore jaw. After the game the guilty party came up to me and said "sorry it was self defence". Now while i may have a big arse i didnt think the sight of it moving in the other direction was that scary:eek:

6o21rn.jpg

As a former Ivanhoe FC player, I can't remember coming off the ground without being in a punch-up against Parkside or Fawkner in the 90s.
Not ever!
Good blokes to have a beer with afterwards though to be fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back