List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think Tiger71 knows very little. Yet to accurately predict anything (except dusty staying and that was an easy one). Tyson was definitely ours, Adams was definitely ours, greenwood was ours if he left kangas, trengove trade was definitely happening. Didn't announce that collingwood was after Adams and greenwood until after it was made public. Was adamant trengove passed the medical. Shiel isn't coming to us next year.

Not his fault.

Problem is, they actually believe they are gunna get these players and they don't, ever.

Big problem. we cant land a big fish, we lack the guts and ability to be creative and forceful enough to do it.

I really thought that the first 13 rounds of the season would have woken the footy department up, but it didn't happen.

How they can pat each other on the back and put on the website that we have retained our first pick, like its some kind of achievement is absurd.
Hawthorn haven't had a first round pick in 10 years and they keep on getting better.

Its clear they want some first year draftee contract salaries, but this raises alarm bells for me, because, if we have such a massive war chest, why aren't we using some of it to improve the team THIS bloody year!
Its a mistake, just like letting the fastest bloke, we had on the list, walk out the door last year

Not his fault.

Problem is, they actually believe they are gunna get these players and they don't, ever.

Big problem. we cant land a big fish, we lack the guts and ability to be creative and forceful enough to do it.

I really thought that the first 13 rounds of the season would have woken the footy department up, but it didn't happen.

How they can pat each other on the back and put on the website that we have retained our first pick, like its some kind of achievement is absurd.
Hawthorn haven't had a first round pick in 10 years and they keep on getting better.

Its clear they want some first year draftee contract salaries, but this raises alarm bells for me, because, if we have such a massive war chest, why aren't we using some of it to improve the team THIS bloody year!
Its a mistake, just like letting the fastest bloke, we had on the list, walk out the door last year

Bravo.

The lazy content tiger sleeps while its enemy continue to strengthen
This is why no other club fears us. Even Melbourne knows we are gettable on any given day
I cannot remember The last time I went to a game feeling confident that we were going to bolt it in
We need to build a list with players that will win the winnable games and be competitive against top teams
This will not happen unless guys like Newman Grigg Morris Petterd Chapman Foley etc etc are moved on
Hawthorn won games with top players missing , plus they lost Franklin .this is where we need to be. Bat to 27-28 , but we chase rehab players hoping to get a bargain. In reality they just hold us up and we peak to be a middle of the road side before we crash back to nothing

I'd give my left not for Sloane, but everything Ive heard is he's very happy at the Crows
Yeah well i'm happy with my Mrs but it still doesn't stop me from looking and listening to offers.....
I'm an un-restricted free agent.....

Furthermore,

I think people taking cheap shots at Tiger71 are being extremely unfair.

Its really annoying when someone puts their neck out to inform us all, or even give us an indication as to what we may be trying to do, and they are subject to criticism. He is just relaying what he has heard, and generally I can assure you, it is very much appreciated.

Don't be disheartened Tiger71.

Happy we didn't get Adams can't kick has a s**t attitude and has an addiction to white powder. But I agree the Tyson one hurts we were into him for years but couldn't get it done I don't know if its the club sticking to not paying overs or what but we need to start attracting quality players not lower depth players
We simply didn't have pick 3 to do the trade.

Furthermore,

I think people taking cheap shots at Tiger71 are being extremely unfair.

Its really annoying when someone puts their neck out to inform us all, or even give us an indication as to what we may be trying to do, and they are subject to criticism. He is just relaying what he has heard, and generally I can assure you, it is very much appreciated.

Don't be disheartened Tiger71.
What is most annoying about this is the ones who complain are usually the same ones who ask, 'Has anyone heard anything?'

Not his fault.

I really don't understand why we are not creative/forceful enough to do it? I mean the best way to get a player is pay him way overs. I don't want to be Collingwood paying 450k for Greenwood and Adams and still not having cap space for Varcoe unless beams leaves? We were pretty creative with the Trengove deal and bar his medical we would be talked about as having an impressive trade period.

I like everyone else would love to get new players but I think right now players are overvalued (salary wise) and its a hell of a lot easier being the Hawks then anybody else.

I'm beginning to think Tiger71 knows very little. Yet to accurately predict anything (except dusty staying and that was an easy one). Tyson was definitely ours, Adams was definitely ours, greenwood was ours if he left kangas, trengove trade was definitely happening. Didn't announce that collingwood was after Adams and greenwood until after it was made public. Was adamant trengove passed the medical. Shiel isn't coming to us next year.

Thank you for your feedback mate. Can you let me know when I said Tyson was 100% ours ? It was well documented we wanted him but unfortunate Melbournes pick that was traded to GWS was just to good to beat. Adams one kicked the s**t out of me as we were from all I heard very close but then shaw wanted to go to GWS and that killed it and us. Never said Greenwood was ours, just that we are interested in him. Obviously then collingwood pay overs as well as the jack trengrove trade looked like happening so we went luke warm and left it. I am glad that you said I did not mention adams and collingwood after the pies went public..can you again show that ?

With Trengove, re read my posts. I was 100% right. Any claiming they knew he failed the medical early in the week when I was saying he passed, either lied and just flipped a coin as the club, there club, media all have come out after my posting on this and backed my story. Jack was going to be a Tiger all the way till Monday morning but unfortunately his last scan came back with the injury. Jack himself was not aware till later that day. Read my posts again and then listed to Dan Richardson, they married up perfectly.

Trade rumors are just that rumors. s**t can change in a hart beat. I just share what I hear because the average bloke likes to hear it here.

Now I have no idea where the "feedback" has come from rfctiger90 ? If you think I am full of s**t, then dont read what I right. BUT If this was your play to score points in some imaginary game, well done. I am sure those like you will like your post and you have done your job. Here is the thing though, and I say this to you and those that share your opinion. I will continue to post what I hear, I dont give a rats toss bag if you and those like you think I am full of s**t. I will still post what I hear about my club while this board allows me to because, simply, this is a footy forum.

People here are not idiots. If I was a liar as you state, posters here would have picked up on it ages ago. Sorry Nostradumbass but I have to say this bit, not to big note myself but as a reply. I have actually go a lot right, a lot know that, thats why i am here and will contrinue to post. So rfctiger90 If you dont like it, block my post. Simple, really.

One last thing. You put a @ and then the name. It is polite to tag a poster you want to have a go at. I am sure you just did not know how to do it so thought I would clarify. I would not want anyone to think you just had tiny balls and did not tag me on purpose :p

Thank you for your feedback mate. Can you let me know when I said Tyson was 100% ours ? It was well documented we wanted him but unfortunate Melbournes pick that was traded to GWS was just to good to beat. Adams one kicked the s**t out of me as we were from all I heard very close but then shaw wanted to go to GWS and that killed it and us. Never said Greenwood was ours, just that we are interested in him. Obviously then collingwood pay overs as well as the jack trengrove trade looked like happening so we went luke warm and left it. I am glad that you said I did not mention adams and collingwood after the pies went public..can you again show that ?

With Trengove, re read my posts. I was 100% right. Any claiming they knew he failed the medical early in the week when I was saying he passed, either lied and just flipped a coin as the club, there club, media all have come out after my posting on this and backed my story. Jack was going to be a Tiger all the way till Monday morning but unfortunately his last scan came back with the injury. Jack himself was not aware till later that day. Read my posts again and then listed to Dan Richardson, they married up perfectly.

Trade rumors are just that rumors. s**t can change in a hart beat. I just share what I hear because the average bloke likes to hear it here.

Now I have no idea where the "feedback" has come from rfctiger90 ? If you think I am full of s**t, then dont read what I right. BUT If this was your play to score points in some imaginary game, well done. I am sure those like you will like your post and you have done your job. Here is the thing though, and I say this to you and those that share your opinion. I will continue to post what I hear, I dont give a rats toss bag if you and those like you think I am full of s**t. I will still post what I hear about my club while this board allows me to because, simply, this is a footy forum.

People here are not idiots. If I was a liar as you state, posters here would have picked up on it ages ago. Sorry Nostradumbass but I have to say this bit, not to big note myself but as a reply. I have actually go a lot right, a lot know that, thats why i am here and will contrinue to post. So rfctiger90 If you dont like it, block my post. Simple, really.

One last thing. You put a @ and then the name. It is polite to tag a poster you want to have a go at. I am sure you just did not know how to do it so thought I would clarify. I would not want anyone to think you just had tiny balls and did not tag me on purpose :p
2014-09-18-11-53-45--893797284.jpeg

I really don't understand why we are not creative/forceful enough to do it? I mean the best way to get a player is pay him way overs. I don't want to be Collingwood paying 450k for Greenwood and Adams and still not having cap space for Varcoe unless beams leaves? We were pretty creative with the Trengove deal and bar his medical we would be talked about as having an impressive trade period.

I like everyone else would love to get new players but I think right now players are overvalued (salary wise) and its a hell of a lot easier being the Hawks then anybody else.

Interesting,

Compare us to Port.
This year they identified that they needed a ruckman. In the end they had two blue chip prospects knocking the door down to join them, TWO.
Gorringe was so pissed off that he cant leave GC and join Port, he started crying and threw the toys out of the cot. They are so good at getting their targets, that even though they had Gorringe in the bag, they burned him to get someone better, Ryder. He was too good to pass up, so they changed tact, showed flexibility, adjusted their targets, and on the balance of probabilities, got someone ready to go, that can play forward and in the ruck, RIGHT NOW.

Compare that to us, we targeted Trengove, now he may well have been a great addition, but, I don't have a degree in medicine, but you would assume that there was a fair chance he may fail his medical, he hasn't played all year, and has had injuries since 2012, his navicular bone injury was misdiagnosed and there may well be ongoing complications going forward, so we checked it out thoroughly and he failed the medical. The question has to be asked, what was PLAN B? Answer obviously there wasn't one, or if there was one, that failed as well.
When was the last time a player ( like Ryder, or Gorringe ) nominated Richmond when he had other options?

Its not good enough, and it requires strong leadership ( not spin ) from the decision makers to rectify.
This issue wont fix itself, especially since we are patting ourselves on the back for keeping our first round draft pick.

The biggest worry is it looks like we are in denial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we wouldn't of needed pick 3 if he nominated Richmond.

these guys are professional footballers

do you seriously believe most guys are prepared to foresake $100-200k pa which choosing between a new club just because they like the song?

reality is we are in a market with 9 other teams, and don't have recent flag success as an attractor. As such, it comes down to coin and game time/opportunity

We are kidding ourselves that no other club will up bids for these players just because one nominates us, and that said player will ignore the incoming offers as they get bigger and bigger

Interesting,

Compare us to Port.
This year they identified that they needed a ruckman. In the end they had two blue chip prospects knocking the door down to join them, TWO.
Gorringe was so pissed off that he cant leave GC and join Port, he started crying and threw the toys out of the cot. They are so good at getting their targets, that even though they had Gorringe in the bag, they burned him to get someone better, Ryder. He was too good to pass up, so they changed tact, showed flexibility, adjusted their targets, and on the balance of probabilities, got someone ready to go, that can play forward and in the ruck, RIGHT NOW.
He has a drug suspension hanging over him, maybe he will only miss half a season, maybe he misses 2 seasons its still a massive risk. Port also has the advantage of being a two team town and no offence but Adelaide is not exactly a high value destination the last few years. They were blessed to get Polec for a 5 pick downgrade in the teens last year after 2 years before being a top 5 pick.

Its the same for Gorringe, GC wanted a pick below 30, two years ago for Tom Hickey who was in a similar boat netted them a 12 pick upgrade from 25 to 13. We are competing with 10 teams.

Compare that to us, we targeted Trengove, now he may well have been a great addition, but, I don't have a degree in medicine, but you would assume that there was a fair chance he may fail his medical, he hasn't played all year, and has had injuries since 2012, his navicular bone injury was misdiagnosed and there may well be ongoing complications going forward, so we checked it out thoroughly and he failed the medical. The question has to be asked, what was PLAN B? Answer obviously there wasn't one, or if there was one, that failed as well.
When was the last time a player ( like Ryder, or Gorringe ) nominated Richmond when he had other options?

Gorringe had one option it was Port. Adelaide didn't want him, makes Port's life a bit easier.

As for Ryder he wasn't allowed to go Sydney, and the rest of the Northern clubs are not in a position to compete for a flag. Port had the benefit of not being in Melbourne, Monfries telling Ryder he was away from the drug stuff and finishing top 4. Yes being a top 4 club makes you an attractive destination but he wasn't going to Hawks, Sydney or Geelong because of reasons stated above. Simply put Richmond well never ever be in the position to fall over on its arse and land in gold like an interstate club because there is to much competition in Victoria.

As for the rest maybe plan B in Greenwood got too expensive (4 years @ 450k is stupid money), Plan C Armitage was shut down by the saints. You know enough about trading to know it takes a lot going right for it to go through, hell it took 8-9 days of trading (plus the week before) for the beams deal to go through despite everyone aware that it would 5, 25 and Crisp from Saturday. I think we should have gone after Hallahan (especially for the price) but that would never be considered an aggressive move.

I'm not disagree we need to be proactive but it was a bloody difficult trade period, Melbourne throwing picks 2 & 3 (and 12) and 1 mill salary at everything. Saints waving around pick 1, WB and GWS having a stand off, Collingwood and Essendon being even more difficult then usual, 3 clubs without a senior coach and players only selecting certain clubs usually non-victorian.

There is a bout an average of 1 trade per club for the last 8 years, we missed it this year but we've been pretty involved the last 4-5.

these guys are professional footballers

do you seriously believe most guys are prepared to foresake $100-200k pa which choosing between a new club just because they like the song?

reality is we are in a market with 9 other teams, and don't have recent flag success as an attractor. As such, it comes down to coin and game time/opportunity

We are kidding ourselves that no other club will up bids for these players just because one nominates us, and that said player will ignore the incoming offers as they get bigger and bigger

I know its tough isn't it. Good clubs find a way, and unfortunately we aren't good enough.

Honestly guys - Would we give up #12 for Ryder at this moment

Surplus to our needs,asada issue's,$600k+,and wants to move out of melbourne ??
Greenwood at $450k - NFW
Gorringe - Could have done it for #33 But wants to go SA again not a proven player and would demand $350k+ for moving
Beams - Wanted Brisbane and only Brisbane
Malceski - LOL 31 yo 2 years left HBF , Last of our needs
Boyd - $1 million dollarsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss FMD

Trengove would of been great, Too bad he failed
Armitage - We had no chance

What was the club suppose to do turn water into petrol

I know its tough isn't it. Good clubs find a way, and unfortunately we aren't good enough.

yes, buy paying overs like the Pies did for Greenwood, or by trading out high value picks like Beams

If players went where they wanted, Mitch Clark would have gone to Freo and not Melbourne. Why did he end up at the Dees? Dees offered him more cash than Freo, and the Lions a better trade. Nothing to do with "choose us", all about outbidding

There is a bout an average of 1 trade per club for the last 8 years, we missed it this year but we've been pretty involved the last 4-5.

Players brought in in the last 5 years at Richmond,

Maric, Houli, Grigg, Hampson, Chaplin,

players brought in by Hawthorn in the same period
yes, buy paying overs like the Pies did for Greenwood, or by trading out high value picks like Beams

If players went where they wanted, Mitch Clark would have gone to Freo and not Melbourne. Why did he end up at the Dees? Dees offered him more cash than Freo, and the Lions a better trade. Nothing to do with "choose us", all about outbidding

Hawthorn gets a player every year and never pay overs.

because players go there knowing they will most likely be playing in a GF - only a few teams get that leverage

Interesting,

Compare us to Port.

Its not good enough, and it requires strong leadership ( not spin ) from the decision makers to rectify.
This issue wont fix itself, especially since we are patting ourselves on the back for keeping our first round draft pick.

The biggest worry is it looks like we are in denial.
Pretty obvious though isn't it? Lose a prelim by three points and good players will want to come. Finish at the bottom and players wanting opportunity will want to come. We are in no man's land. On the cusp but unproven.

Trengove was the third iron in the fire. Greenwood scuttled by suitors with not cash. Armitage didn't get off the ground. Trengove medical. Tbh i can't believe the level of whinging on this board. Things didn't pan out. It happens. Need to focus on what's next now. Draft and free agency next year. Just leaves us with more money in the kitty for next year. Finish top 4 and they will come.

In what way would Richmond be as attractive a destination as Hawthorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back