Stats resources.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm looking for a site that has the umpires for each game. The AFL site has them in their match reports, but only provide surnames. The AFLUA has all the goss, but buried in an odious PDF. These are usable, but hoping for something a little simpler.

Thanks RedmanWasHere. I wasn't able to locate those pages from the home page. Cheers.
For unknown reasons, some people are being presented with a cached page home page i.e. 2014's. I've googled a bit, but a satisfactory explanation of why it happens, and how best to circumvent it has been hard to find.

For unknown reasons, some people are being presented with a cached page home page i.e. 2014's. I've googled a bit, but a satisfactory explanation of why it happens, and how best to circumvent it has been hard to find.

Now that you mention that. It's fine on Firefox for me.
However, I've had your site bookmarked in Chrome, and it's not showing the 2015 data from home. Hmm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know where one can find "metres gained" stat? I'm guessing maybe it's a Champion Data unique stat
they've been publishing in The Advertiser in Adelaide so I'd say its also getting published in one of the papers over there on the Monday, but besides that yes champ data pricks keeping it tight

they've been publishing in The Advertiser in Adelaide so I'd say its also getting published in one of the papers over there on the Monday, but besides that yes champ data pricks keeping it tight

Tks. Found it by looking up press display - Sunday Mail/Advertiser. Lots of other stats there as well. Same data is published in the Herald Sun as well on the Sunday/Monday.

*Paul* perhaps this has been brought up before, but in this 1980 game Michael Roach is shown as having had just 1 kick, but scored 5 goals!:-

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1980/041419800419.html

Footy Works also has the same figures for Roach, no doubt there was an error with the source material. Is there any other source now available that could provide a more likely kicks figure? The Age from the following Monday doesn't have statistics, it's match report merely confirms that Roach kicked 5 goals.

*Paul* perhaps this has been brought up before, but in this 1980 game Michael Roach is shown as having had just 1 kick, but scored 5 goals!

I'm not sure if this is the correct explanation for this match, but the APB Sports definitions for their statistical collection through the '80s & '90s meant that no kick was recorded for a kick off the ground --- it had to be dropped from hand to foot. This changed after a certain Geelong small forward in the mid-90s scored multiple goals and had zero kicks; can't remember the exact names & dates sorry.

On the other hand, even on a very muddy day it seems unlikely that Roach would have these stats, perhaps it was a transcription error somewhere.

I'm not sure if this is the correct explanation for this match, but the APB Sports definitions for their statistical collection through the '80s & '90s meant that no kick was recorded for a kick off the ground --- it had to be dropped from hand to foot. This changed after a certain Geelong small forward in the mid-90s scored multiple goals and had zero kicks; can't remember the exact names & dates sorry.

On the other hand, even on a very muddy day it seems unlikely that Roach would have these stats, perhaps it was a transcription error somewhere.
Thanks for that. I wasn't aware of the story regarding the Geelong player, or that kicks off the ground weren't counted back in those days. Roach is credited with 3 marks in the 1980 game (and just 1 handball to go with his 1 kick) so I imagine he did have a few more "proper kicks" that day.

From the Football Record, Rd. 24 2011:-

"For instance, a kick off the ground in Williams’ day was not included as a disposal. As I’ve outlined previously, this changed after round nine, 1997. Geelong goalsneak Ronnie Burns was credited with five goals and zero disposals for his game against the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba."

Attachments

• AFLRecordRound242011.pdf
    160.3 KB · Views: 74
Funny about Ronnie Burns, i think also there was a game where Jarrod Molloy kicked i think six goals (and again i think it was in the late 90's) for the Lions who kicked six goals one day and i am pretty sure several of his too were kicked off the ground as well. Some of these anomalies were manifest back in the old Dreamteam comps of the day. (bit like the famous Scott Wynd kickless 50's he'd get with his prolific hitout totals). Think that game came against the Pies if i recall for Molloy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back