LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

grilld01.jpg

Had me the low carb bun @ Grill'd last night too after reading about it here.

I'm gearing up to be a lot stricter on my eating choices in the coming weeks but am not quite full blown with it yet.. so I don't think if anyone else would go as far to not have sauce or whatever with it but for the purpose of this I had the 'Crispy Bacon & Cheese' which I've always liked - their herb mayo is awesome!

As for the bun, I've always been a big fan of Grill'd so have had a number of them over the years since they opened. I usually get the wholemeal/grain roll when I go. I guess you always expect that when you opt for the 'healthier' choice that there will be a trade off - so from this perspective I wouldn't say that it was absolutely delicious but it certainly did the job. It felt a little bit like soft bread when you'd probably hope it would be more crisp and it certainly had a taste to it which was neither awesome or bad. I was worried that it would have a tendancy to fall apart because it felt soft, but it proudly stayed togetrher until it met it's timely demise in yours truly's mouth!

Would I have it again? When I'm in a phase where I'm trying to make the best choices I can (without being a recluse who never ventures out and consumes food) then yeah I will, I didn't hate it, it just didn't set my world on fire.

Also thumbs up to their sweet potato chips, and also the zucchini chips that the Mrs & I shared, they're a tops choice to not go with the normal chips (if you're that way inclined!)

I'm curious as to what the comparison between that bun, and a standard wholemeal is; are we talking a big differential in carbs?
According to their press release its not just the carbs but the total exclusion of wheat. They are going for the LCHF and Paleo/Primal/Wheat belly crowd. Its also good for a Keto snack.

Able to check out the bulk nutrients thermowhey?

Soy lecithin n sucrolose as a sweetener, I do believe they are switching to Stevia soon.
Don't expect anything drastic thermogenic aids added , too underdosed, added for marketing purposes not results.

Also be wary when ever you see , Natural Flavour or Flavouring, Rasberry n Vanilla Flavours/Flavouring contains escriment from Beaver's anal glands.
Because a Beaver is an Animal its deemed as a Natural Source!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Able to check out the bulk nutrients thermowhey?
I thought many of those added ingredients were pretty gimmicky. Just my view, by i reckon save your money and just get the regular BN whey.

There are better ways to upregulate your metabolism. BP coffee, IF, lowcarb etc.

Even if they do work, when you think about it, making your protein shakes thermogenic is kinda counter productive. Body building and losing fat is about stressing your body then recovering. The drinking whey part of the day is the recovery period. You want to be thermogenic during the fat burning phase ie when your in the gym. Better off using a thermogenic pre-workout.

I thought many of those added ingredients were pretty gimmicky. Just my view, by i reckon save your money and just get the regular BN whey.

There are better ways to upregulate your metabolism. BP coffee, IF, lowcarb etc.

Even if they do work, when you think about it, making your protein shakes thermogenic is kinda counter productive. Body building and losing fat is about stressing your body then recovering. The drinking whey part of the day is the recovery period. You want to be thermogenic during the fat burning phase ie when your in the gym. Better off using a thermogenic pre-workout.

Agree, better off entering Ketosis which is an all day fat burner!

I'm loving putting Lindt 90% chocolate in my Nutri Bullet shakes. It doesn't completely grind it up and leaves most of the remnants down the bottom so you get the taste of dark chocolate but don't actually consume a lot of it.

This is interesting, Grill'd the hamburger chain is about to introduce a low carb bun that is wheat/gluten free made from almond meal, eggs, coconut cream and honey.
449581-7fbf3806-58c1-11e4-a301-a8ccb683501e.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/busines...brates-ten-years/story-fni0dcne-1227099417406
whats the point of the bun?
just put the burger and salad on a plate and give me a knife and fork

The burger is HEAPS more healthy with the new bun, and for only an extra $1.50 you will be getting an extra 19g of decent fat, thats a winner in my book.

Agree but if you can eat it without the bun it means you have some macros up your sleeve for another meal.

Although a burger with no bun is like a massage with no hand relief!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back