Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond: WA will have a hissy fit over an AFL using their design [take the Adelaide/SA jumper from the start of the year as example]
Essendon: in their constitution book thing, it stats that Essendon MUST wear a red sash in all games [may also apply for Richmond, not sure though]
Essendon has to have, and I quote "a red sash on a black background"

I'm beginning to think the whole "WA state guernsey" thing preventing Richmond from using black on yellow as a clash jumper is just a product of this board's hyperbole; the more it's repeated, the more it seems like the 'official' answer
Is there anything they've stated on the record?

Let's face it, if they can wear it in the VFL (a competition which itself actually competes in inter-league matches against the WAFL), there is no reason they couldn't wear it in the AFL.

I'm beginning to think the whole "WA state guernsey" thing preventing Richmond from using black on yellow as a clash jumper is just a product of this board's hyperbole; the more it's repeated, the more it seems like the 'official' answer
And even though the Eagles are a WA side, you'd think the WA Football Commission would've outlawed them wearing it if they had a serious issue. I also don't think there'd be any legal precedent for it either; it was ditched 25 years ago and the Teal Cup/WAFL Rep teams haven't used it either.

And considering the nepotism (probably) and favouritism with Essendon wearing silver as a clash and the Crows and Lions not being allowed to wear yellow, why would the AFL stick up for a football commission it wants to get rid of (the AFL want to own Freo and West Coast)?

Someone came on here once and said their mate was like "yeah, apparently the Tiges tried but WA stopped them." Pretty easy to butcher the facts there with chinese whispers and convolution too.

If Richmond were so ardent and intent on removing their clash issue, they would've brought out a white/grey/other yellow design for this season. I just think they don't want to dilute their history, which is pretty cool and a nice thing, but it's a three or four game sacrifice clubs older than them have had to make too.

This questions probably been asked before but does anyone know the reason as to why Richmond and Essendon don't just switch the colours around like Hawthorn, Collingwood and North for their away jumpers?
These are the mysteries that keep me up at night

Why do ruckmen wear shin pads?
Because when they jump, they often jump into the other ruckman and make contact with shins. As a ruckman I would rarely ever play without a shin guard in my left sock.

I honestly don't think anyone would kick up a stink about it. Fact is, it isn't WA's jumper anymore and hasn't been for a very very long time. Only the staunchest, most radical WA fan would be annoyed, and he would still be in the minority.

If it solves clashes and bids the end to the pathetic clash strip Richmond have now, then I'm all for it. It's a different league, can't be an issue in my opinion.

What is Club 10 or Club Ten in reference to the AFL? Ive seen a Club Ten guernsey on Ebay with Wayne Carey's signature on it and Ive seen a large signed Shane Crawford print with Club 10 on it, the print has a few stats on it about Crawf and they point to the print originally being released after the 1996 season.

What is Club 10 or Club Ten in reference to the AFL? Ive seen a Club Ten guernsey on Ebay with Wayne Carey's signature on it and Ive seen a large signed Shane Crawford print with Club 10 on it, the print has a few stats on it about Crawf and they point to the print originally being released after the 1996 season.

It was a Ricky Nixon thing wasn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone happen to have a size chart for ISC's 2010-2012 retail guernseys?

Edit: Actually I'll just copy and paste what I asked on the St Kilda board
Does anyone have one of the 2010-2012 "priest collar jumpers" and one of the newer 2013-14 collar jumpers to compare sizes? I want to grab a retail 140th while they're cheap, but my 2010 jumper is an XL and the only 140th jumpers available are 2XL and up. I've heard that the newer jumpers are an even tighter fit, but is it a whole size tighter?

Last edited:
Do clubs usually wait for their new jumper to use in membership campaigns? The hawks just released this and it features last years one B2DTYZwCcAAMqLy.jpg

Do clubs usually wait for their new jumper to use in membership campaigns? The hawks just released this and it features last years one View attachment 91620
They are more concerned about using the following seasons manufacturer logo. Seeing Hawthorn are staying with Adidas, they can go with last seasons jumper, but if they were changing manufacturers, there would be a dodgy Photoshop job.

Question:

Does anyone have any pictures of Norwood's spandex guernsey? I have been searching and googling high and low and just can't find anything anywhere

Question:

Does anyone have any pictures of Norwood's spandex guernsey? I have been searching and googling high and low and just can't find anything anywhere
Norwoodzipper_zps2491922f.jpg

Looks like something you'd find at the Mardi Gras.

Still, pretty cool for jumper technology to be that advanced back in the '90s.
>Zipper
>Lycra
>Advanced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back