Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a few questions regarding GPS pouches, that have been on my mind for some time …

1. I have noticed there is a lot of variation in the size of GPS pouches on guernseys- even when they are made by the same manufacturer, as in the case of the two ISC guernseys shown below. Most ISC pouches seem to range from 10cm to 12cm in length and be about 8.5cm wide, but there have been a few guernseys recently of the same stype as the #44 guernsey on the left below with pouches as small as 8cm in length and 7cm in width! Why is this- and is there any advantage to having bigger or smaller GPS pouches in particular?

2. I also have noticed that the ISC pouches are made of thicker material that has a padded feel (thus leading to their relatively bulky, pillowy appearance) while some labels such as Puma have flatter pouches that seem to be made of material is lighter and thinner. Again, why is this and does one design have an advantage over the other?

3. What are the dimensions of the actual GPS tracking device that is inserted into the pouch and what does it look like? Would love to see a picture of an actual GPS device of the type used by the AFL if someone has one to post here!
View attachment 86137
Each club gets their GPS devices from specified sports science businesses. Therefore ISC don't supply them, which leads to a variation in the size, shape of pouches etc.

I have a few questions regarding GPS pouches, that have been on my mind for some time …

1. I have noticed there is a lot of variation in the size of GPS pouches on guernseys- even when they are made by the same manufacturer, as in the case of the two ISC guernseys shown below. Most ISC pouches seem to range from 10cm to 12cm in length and be about 8.5cm wide, but there have been a few guernseys recently of the same stype as the #44 guernsey on the left below with pouches as small as 8cm in length and 7cm in width! Why is this- and is there any advantage to having bigger or smaller GPS pouches in particular?
What Greater Gattsby said. Different clubs use different GPS's to fit in the pouch, therefore they have to be different sizes.

Does anyone have a set of 2014 templates for GIMP? I was using a set that wizardwaffle had uploaded to the templates thread, but I stupidly sent them all to the trash and now they aren't on the thread anymore. Would be greatly appreciated.
Why don't you use the ones alzy11 posted on his tutorial? They look much better then using a paint template.

I have a logo related question.

I know the giants had the whole 'Team GWS' before they became what they are now, they had the blue and red logo and so on. What did Gold Coast have? Were they ever under a code name or have a different jumper/logo combination prior to joining the AFL proper in 2011?

I know the giants had the whole 'Team GWS' before they became what they are now, they had the blue and red logo and so on. What did Gold Coast have? Were they ever under a code name or have a different jumper/logo combination prior to joining the AFL proper in 2011?
Similar setup to what they have now. I believe this used this logo:
gcfc%20logo.png

while their jumper was their present home jumper, minus the yellow side panels.

Similar setup to what they have now. I believe this used this logo:
gcfc%20logo.png

while their jumper was their present home jumper, minus the yellow side panels.

That logo is leagues better then their current. The club seems so manufactured in comparion to every other club in the league. I'm hoping that in a couple years they will be able to forge out their own unique identity with a new jumper to boot. Status quo ain't cutting it IMO.

Cheers for the info Bacon Warrior.

GC17:

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/club/our-story

Honour%20Board.jpg

It bugs me that the blue 'shadow' is on the underside of that old logo rather than the left side of the current logo.

Also this is what they wore in 2010 (VFL) and 2014 (AFL) respectively: (source: http://www.bomberblitz.com/mero/goldcoastall.htm)
Gold-Coast-Uniform-2010.gif
Gold-Coast-Uniform-2013.gif

If you check out this photo of GAJ from the 2010 draft you can see that the logo is the old logo:
220616.jpg

As is Bluey, which is interesting given that the new logo is on the jumper:
220593.jpg

Heck, even in their first AFL training sessions they used the old logo:
220728.jpg

I guess that Reebok didn't feel the need to create more gear with the new logo (or hadn't yet manufactured the 2011 gear).

Bennell was wearing the new logo in January 2011:
221365.jpg

Now, GC also wore these two guernseys (not sure if they were worn in matches or just training, but pretty cool anyway)
209253.jpg

215088.jpg

Aaand here's an example of the red jumper without sidepanels.
210094.jpg

I had my hands on one for a short while before I sold it.

Should have kept it. Could have been worth something.
I'd have given you like $2.85 and some chewy for it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This questions probably been asked before but does anyone know the reason as to why Richmond and Essendon don't just switch the colours around like Hawthorn, Collingwood and North for their away jumpers?

This questions probably been asked before but does anyone know the reason as to why Richmond and Essendon don't just switch the colours around like Hawthorn, Collingwood and North for their away jumpers?
Richmond: WA will have a hissy fit over an AFL using their design [take the Adelaide/SA jumper from the start of the year as example]
Essendon: in their constitution book thing, it stats that Essendon MUST wear a red sash in all games [may also apply for Richmond, not sure though]

Richmond: WA will have a hissy fit over an AFL using their design [take the Adelaide/SA jumper from the start of the year as example]
Essendon: in their constitution book thing, it stats that Essendon MUST wear a red sash in all games [may also apply for Richmond, not sure though]
In that case, why don't Richmond duplicate the Dons gray jumpers sans the red and replace it with the yellow

ahhh I see, the WA one I can kind of understand even though the state jumpers are virtually extinct...
And I guess Essnedons grey jumper isn't that bad. Thanks for info :thumbsu:

But it is heavily associated with WA, I'm surprised West Coast were allowed to wear it as a heritage jumper one time.
I don't have a big issue with teams in separate competitions wearing the same guernsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back