Leigh Tudor

Remove this Banner Ad

i doubt GC will get an untried coach they need a past coach with experience, Eade comes to mind. Dogs could go either way but doubt Tudor will get it.

Not sure why dogs would want Tudor right now.

It appears his forte is tactics and strategy.

Right now they need someone hard who can pull some egos into line and mould a young group of impressionable players. They'd also need to address what appears a tail wag dog culture down that way.

Preferrably someone who's also been an assistant at a club that brought through a young group and had sustained success.

Ideally someone like Brendan McCartney... oh crap.

Just curious, but what makes you think that, EH?
Couple of things. One, in all the interviews I've heard with Tudor, he didn't come across as a senior coaching material. Great football brain no doubt, but communication skills aren't those of a manager IMHO. Just suttle bits that I picked up.

And given what GC are after they can't go for someone like that. They need Eade/Thompson/Blight experience.

Dogs will appoint Montgomery.

Leigh Tudor has been influential do we suspect?

Interesting. Who would have thought that our fortunes would change upon his signing..... :rolleyes:

And yet i've been led to believe by the Scott fan club, president being Wild Bill, that based on our success (?) in 2014 that Scott has now proved himself to be a quality coach and is now beyond criticism.

So is it both, neither, Scott, or Tudor, that led us to the prelim?

Hmmm.

1414132520644.gif

I would avoid the Dog's job like that red ball... you will literally will be held accountable for Boyd's development and injuries. If he fails, you fail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because someone is a great assistant coach doesn't mean they will necessarily be a good senior coach. Wouldn't you think with his record that he would have been offered a senior position by now? I would. Maybe he's best suited as the second man in charge.

Gents. Have learnt this evening that both Perth teams are looking at Tudor in a similar role. Offering big $$.

Leigh Tudor's record

'07 - Premiers
'08 - GF
'09 - GF
'10 - GF
'11 - SF
'12 - Premiers
'13 - PF
'14 - PF

Was this our best off season appointment?
Nup. Sheer coincidence. I'll never forgive him for kicking that goal after the siren in the '94 prelim that robbed us of a GF berth. I'll never forget that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back