Leigh Tudor

Remove this Banner Ad

If he goes to the bullies, I expect James Brayshaw to come out on radio and TV and demand that we be compensated for the dogs poaching him. We must get compensated!

Tudor for Boyd + Pick 26, make it happen Euge.

I would say he's red hot favourite. Apparently has the support of the players, which would be important given what has transpired recently.

Tudor so much better credentialed.
Absolutely much better credentialed. The Dogs need to change their ideas around, but an outsider will likely want to change things and then get destroyed by the ol' boys around the joint who thing they know better, just like McCartney did.

Listening to KB on sen acouple of Dog supporters called in about why Bomber Thompson hasn't been approached. They said they would prefer Bomber.

Why doesn't Gary Ayres name ever come up in these conversations? (well it obviously has now)

Looks to have all the good as a coach, and certainly has a good track record with Port Melbourne.

Why doesn't Gary Ayres name ever come up in these conversations? (well it obviously has now)

Looks to have all the good as a coach, and certainly has a good track record with Port Melbourne.
I love listening to Ayres in the media, but the knock on him is that he's been out of there AFL system for too long now. Doesn't have the IP on opposition teams etc that other coaches do from within the system.

Obviously a fine coach but I think if he really wanted to make it back to the top he would be back in the AFL system, not in the VFL.

Last edited:
Well its the new buzz word, if the pies can get compensation for Rodney Eade i dont see why we cant put in for a claim.

In my honest opinion its good luck to people claiming a top job, im not one one to not want to see them move up in career, so what do you think.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its ironic how such a big club like coll act like biches asking for compensation wereva they can, isnt there one rule for all? Personally i want Tudor to stay but yeah if its for his career and he goes what can we do?

I hope not. NMFC should be a place where people get better. If Leigh Tudor or anyone else gets offered a position elsewhere that is a step up from the one they hold with us, we should send them off with our blessing. Sure, we'll miss their input, but NMFC should not be a place where we hold people back from their ambitions so let's be gracious and thank them for their contribution to our great club. That's the classy thing to do.

Dickheads who want to leave for the same position but for more coin can piss off though.

Last edited:
I hope not. NMFC should be a place where people get better. If Leigh Tudor or anyone else gets offered a position elsewhere that is a step up from the one they hold with us, we should send them off with our blessing. Sure, we'll miss their input, but NMFC should not be a place where we hold people back from their ambitions so let's be gracious and thank them for their contribution to our great club. That's the classy thing to do.

didnt say anything about holding him back, i am always happy to see people graduate to better and higher positions no matter where the workplace, but id rather get compensation for that than this ballarat ideal people are holding onto.

didnt say anything about holding him back, i am always happy to see people graduate to better and higher positions no matter where the workplace, but id rather get compensation for that than this ballarat ideal people are holding onto.

I thought you were referring to Eddie, Rocket, the Pies and Suns where I thought the message was "Compensate us or we won't let him go." I'd like to think we're above that sort of stuff. Leigh Tudor has been in the system long enough and has been successful enough to get his own job. Hate to lose him but full marks to him if he gets the Dogs job. If he doesn't, well, lucky us.

On the other hand, I hope someone has let his tyres down and keyed his Mazda for his kick over Micky to Ablett in the '94 Prelim. If they haven't hopefully they do it before he leaves. Arsey prick!

I don't see whats wrong with asking for compensation if the guy is contracted, as long as the club is being reasonable and not asking for an exorbitant amount of money.

On the other hand, I hope someone has let his tyres down and keyed his Mazda for his kick over Micky to Ablett in the '94 Prelim. If they haven't hopefully they do it before he leaves. Arsey prick!

please dont speak of that again, *stern look.
i still have rex hunts voice ringing in my ears of the call "yabbbellett"
being a huge mick fan all my life i still cant watch that without tearing up.

as for liegh tudor i wish him the best, the compensation is a seperate precedent. kochie wants it backdated to last year for richardson.

just found this about the compensation:

Collingwood has called for an industry-wide discussion on AFL contracts after releasing Rodney Eade for a cash payment and other sweeteners from the Gold Coast.

The Magpies finally relented after broking a deal with the Suns, allowing them to parade Eade on the Gold Coast in an official unveiling on Friday.

A figure believed to be $20,000 will be paid by the Suns but it is only part of a complex arrangement between the two clubs.

Pies chief executive Gary Pert told the Herald Sun the Suns had agreed to a series of initiatives which would help Collingwood supporters on the Gold Coast when they travel to watch the Round 8 Metricon Stadium game.

Pies members might gain exclusive access to their own Pies-friendly zone of Metricon Stadium and help in promoting the game in general in the state.

Dont care about compensation if its more about your ego than anything else, its a national game everyone should play there part in helping the game.

Its ironic how such a big club like coll act like biches asking for compensation wereva they can, isnt there one rule for all? Personally i want Tudor to stay but yeah if its for his career and he goes what can we do?
Not much. I can give you the example of myself. I've been well-versed for a number of years in Yum-Cha, and lots of dojos/restaurants seek my services both publicly & privately. Because I operate as a free agent as I've been in the industry for over 10 years, there's not much my employer can do other offer me a golden shower.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back