Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

$5k sign on and $1,500 a game is the word. Apparently he told Woomelang he would stay if they could match it and the couldn't/wouldn't. Now wait to see if Narby ends up there also, and he won't go for peanuts if Corey is getting that!
That's crazy money maybe the rumours of Cox's pay aren't too far off the mark. Surely the day where the tax office go after players and clubs can't be too far away with the amount players are now getting

$5k sign on and $1,500 a game is the word. Apparently he told Woomelang he would stay if they could match it and the couldn't/wouldn't. Now wait to see if Narby ends up there also, and he won't go for peanuts if Corey is getting that!

do the math on that and its a bit short of the $40k stated. im not doubting the figure quoted above but good old chinese whispers sully would have to be on close to 40 and rightly so. they have being paying guys in this region for a while know. and they arent on there own a number of other teams throw that sort of coin around for the right blokes, kelly is a jet but not quite sure hes worth $40k or even $30k. market value is a cruel thing but its the way the footy world works. as for the ATO cracking down they dont have the manpower to investigate every country footy club as well as there usual targets. roota you wouldnt be aware of this even though lalbert offer similar but your going rate was for a light beer and a cherry ripe. i think you were definitely over paid.

NAMBOUR & HINTERLAND BLUES AFC
Looking to move to the Sunshine coast Qld for lifestyle change?
Nambour are looking for Players to Strengthen the current playing list for Season 2015.
Currently playing in the QFA North.
Assist with finding employment.
PM Snowy73 if interested

Congratulations to Jaden McGrath on being drafted to the Brisbane Lions

Did he play in the last game of the season vs Cohuna? If it was the #6 Varker? I think? Young kid longish hair from Cohuna, gave him a bit of a touch up for mine. Didn't matter though Kerang belted them.

Did he play in the last game of the season vs Cohuna? If it was the #6 Varker? I think? Young kid longish hair from Cohuna, gave him a bit of a touch up for mine. Didn't matter though Kerang belted them.

No he didnt play at all last year for kerang.

Congratulations to former swan hill young gun Jesse Palmer on being drafted to port Adelaide. Not bad for a kid that the pioneers knocked back!
. Typical of the pioneers, dont pick the right kids cant win more than a few games every year and are lucky if they get 1 kid drafted a year .

do the math on that and its a bit short of the $40k stated. im not doubting the figure quoted above but good old chinese whispers sully would have to be on close to 40 and rightly so. they have being paying guys in this region for a while know. and they arent on there own a number of other teams throw that sort of coin around for the right blokes, kelly is a jet but not quite sure hes worth $40k or even $30k. market value is a cruel thing but its the way the footy world works. as for the ATO cracking down they dont have the manpower to investigate every country footy club as well as there usual targets. roota you wouldnt be aware of this even though lalbert offer similar but your going rate was for a light beer and a cherry ripe. i think you were definitely over paid.
The money floated around is totally correct and get this, its for 2 years!

It's all happening on the CM forum, lets get some discussion.

Cohuna have appointed Glenorchy coach Matt Smith for the coming season and have gone down the path of playing only locals, the recruits to the club are also ex locals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All recruits from last 2 years gone, including Grigg, gone back to Moama

What's happening at Cohuna? If all recruits are gone, what locals have they recruited back? And what's the reason for these recruits leaving? Sick of travelling? Money? Better offers?

Wheres my Ball, can you fill us in.

What's happening at Cohuna? If all recruits are gone, what locals have they recruited back? And what's the reason for these recruits leaving? Sick of travelling? Money? Better offers?

Wheres my Ball, can you fill us in.
from my understanding the biggest issue is travel, you only get them for a couple of years then gone. even getting locals to travel back from Bendigo is hard, especially when the closet game is Cohuna, the sooner the club moves to league closer to Bendigo the better, just my opinion.

from my understanding the biggest issue is travel, you only get them for a couple of years then gone. even getting locals to travel back from Bendigo is hard, especially when the closet game is Cohuna, the sooner the club moves to league closer to Bendigo the better, just my opinion.
Would I be correct in saying there were a few off field issues as well with the former president and some players with some ill advised comments?

And what league are they going to go to?? There issues with recruitment are no different to any other club really

And what league are they going to go to?? There issues with recruitment are no different to any other club really

Let's hope the hub dismantle the cmfl, as there are too many small towns with dwindling local player numbers, that just can't compete with the larger towns anymore. Cohuna should still be ok perhaps they could try and attract a couple of gun ex locals back and they would be laughing

Let's hope the hub dismantle the cmfl, as there are too many small towns with dwindling local player numbers, that just can't compete with the larger towns anymore. Cohuna should still be ok perhaps they could try and attract a couple of gun ex locals back and they would be laughing

Not sure I agree with dismantling the CMFL old mate but my opinion is that unfortunately there are just too many clubs around these days and not enough players to sustain them...drastic change is on the cards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back