HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Semmel a huge pick up for huntly!
Can anyone give a run down on recruits/losses so far all clubs?
Gav James comes across from LVFL will be a big loss to our comp and pyramid hill. Perri also a huge loss goin over to gunbower. Love to see how he goes in a good side. I reckon you would agree Roota. Shaping up to be a competitive year in the HDFL!

Gav James comes across from LVFL will be a big loss to our comp and pyramid hill. Perri also a huge loss goin over to gunbower. Love to see how he goes in a good side. I reckon you would agree Roota. Shaping up to be a competitive year in the HDFL!
Elmore Ins: Spike Ingley Mitiamo, Alex Gleeson West Preston Lakeside, Luke Ryan Romsey, Travis Mills Romsey, Danny Brewster Warrugal, Brad Canning Belmont Lions, Matt Gilmour Donald, Troy Banfield Wandella

Last edited:

Gav is a very good player and I have no doubt he will go well in the HDFL. I also think he will benefit from not being the number one target from an opposition point of view in the midfield. I know we always put a lot of time into stopping him. Perri is a star, can play in any possie on the ground virtually and loves a goal. He strikes me as a guy who will be better in a better standard. Killed us both times

Gav is a very good player and I have no doubt he will go well in the HDFL. I also think he will benefit from not being the number one target from an opposition point of view in the midfield. I know we always put a lot of time into stopping him. Perri is a star, can play in any possie on the ground virtually and loves a goal. He strikes me as a guy who will be better in a better standard. Killed us both times

agree with you on james he is quality. but on perri we differ its easy to play any position if you arent responsible for an opponent.
i saw him virtually lose the interleague game for lvfl by not going anywhere near his man last year, his direct opponent kicked three and would have had 9 clearances in the second quarter. six of which resulted in goals. very good offensively but has no defensive side to his game what so ever. will struggle with physical run with role opponent. that was the word out of his old comp too. alex gleeson will dominate the comp, out and out gun ( i dont throw that word around a lot like a lot of people) my early tip for the medal, has had a history with perri, knocked him stone cold out is the mail i get from a former teammate.
interesing times ahead.

anyone heard about former bendigo gold ruckman troy kelm to north bendigo?

they will be hard to beat if they add him to there massive list of quality inclusions.

Must be sour grapes from you mate for some odd reason but LVFL lost by 15 goals last year and Perri didn't even play anywhere near the centre of the ground? Each to there own though. Was very poorly coached that comp side. I'm sure you will be proven wrong.

no sour grapes at all mate. i was there and watched the game he started the first quarter on the wing, the second quarter he started in the middle then got moved to the back pocket perhaps to make him accountable then the last he went fwd with little impact. i think you will find that if sides dont make him accountable he will stand out as mentioned his attacking game is very good but when made to be accountable his lack of defensive pressure or tackling capabilities will show through.
and fyi genius

Central Highlands 2.4, 9.9, 12.11, 19.16 (130)

Loddon Valley 3.3, 3.7, 6.8, 11.12 (78)

funny looking 15 goals mate
nothing to fear but the facts!

Have only seen him a handful of games probably 4-5 and didn't see too much wrong. Going by a bruise free, fast flowing interleague game, with everyone playing for themselves probably isn't the best indicator but each to there own. Looks like your a central murray man anyway, your Thoughts on spike ingley who's going across to Elmore? Will Elmore now be pushing for finals?

agree with you on james he is quality. but on perri we differ its easy to play any position if you arent responsible for an opponent.
i saw him virtually lose the interleague game for lvfl by not going anywhere near his man last year, his direct opponent kicked three and would have had 9 clearances in the second quarter. six of which resulted in goals. very good offensively but has no defensive side to his game what so ever. will struggle with physical run with role opponent. that was the word out of his old comp too. alex gleeson will dominate the comp, out and out gun ( i dont throw that word around a lot like a lot of people) my early tip for the medal, has had a history with perri, knocked him stone cold out is the mail i get from a former teammate.
interesing times ahead.

anyone heard about former bendigo gold ruckman troy kelm to north bendigo?

they will be hard to beat if they add him to there massive list of quality inclusions.
if his any relation to Forbes Klem count him in. I think Forbes helped out on the bench a few times

Have only seen him a handful of games probably 4-5 and didn't see too much wrong. Going by a bruise free, fast flowing interleague game, with everyone playing for themselves probably isn't the best indicator but each to there own. Looks like your a central murray man anyway, your Thoughts on spike ingley who's going across to Elmore? Will Elmore now be pushing for finals?

spike will go well he will be up against it when he plays north as will all key defenders. they should improve with gleeson as i mentioned to dominate. finals could be achievable depending on how they come together and how other sides improve/drop off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mounts still very quiet atm?????

Im tipping they will have a few out of town if they are trying hard enough they will get a few decent ones for the money that was getting spent on the guys they lost. A finals finish might be hard work with some of the other teams like Huntly and Colbo set to pop back up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back