The Law Ferguson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, if we start shooting kids because they previously dressed in gang colors and/or pulled hand signs, we're in some serious s**t.

Someone shoot these blokes:

eddieandmitch.jpg

And strawman. This cop had no idea about how this kid used to dress when he choose to shoot the bloke.

Are you seriously saying that you have no problem with a cop killing an unarmed teenager for throwing a punch?

Jesus. Dont ever work in Northbridge. Ever.

I don't know what the situation is in America but in most jurisdictions in Australia it is entirely lawful for a person (not just a police officer) to use deadly force if they honestly and reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent serious harm.

If a 300 pound teenager started punching a police officer in northbridge, and the police officer was on their own, I would say they would have a fair to middling chance of getting shot- if they were very lucky they might get tased instead.

As I posted earlier in this thread, a couple of years back there was a case of a WA officer shooting dead a large unarmed motorist who attacked him during a traffic stop, and he got a medal for it.

But it was still an obvious attempt to smear the family. The people selling stuff were not even really related. It was his father's mother-in-law. Not his mother's mother. So in other words, his father had a 2nd wife and it was that wife's mother trying to profit from the situation. Those trying to make us lose any sympathy for Brown and his family are twisting it to make them all look like trash.
It was Brown Sr's second wife selling the merchandise. Browns Mother and grandmother rocked up with 20 - 30 people and physically assaulted them including repeatedly hitting Browns mother-in-law in the head. This includes Browns Mother: “McSpadden then ran up and punched Gordon”.

They've done a good job of making themselves look like trash.
Was he attempting to arm himself or trying to stop the officer from drawing his gun and shooting him?

And 'previously attempting to arm himself' does not = probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."

What threat is he posing running away unarmed?

If he had an AR-15 in hand and had previously used it, we could talk.
aNNlDTQ.jpg

That's exactly the point. There are conflicting versions of the events, which is why it should be tested in court.
The grand jury has seen plenty of evidence. Going to court would be a complete and utter waste of time. Most of the hard evidence favors Wilson. There's no way in hell they could prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt against him.

There was no injustice here folks. There was no credible evidence to indict Wilson. Time to move on and find another event to race bait over.

A police officer is attacked in his car. The attacker may have gone for the cops gun during this struggle as well. Then after that the attacker doesn't surrender and instead starts heading towards the cop.

What is the cop meant to do in this situation exactly? Let Brown run into him and hope for the best?

This.

I don't know what the situation is in America but in most jurisdictions in Australia it is entirely lawful for a person (not just a police officer) to use deadly force if they honestly and reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent serious harm.

If a 300 pound teenager started punching a police officer in northbridge, and the police officer was on their own, I would say they would have a fair to middling chance of getting shot- if they were very lucky they might get tased instead.

As I posted earlier in this thread, a couple of years back there was a case of a WA officer shooting dead a large unarmed motorist who attacked him during a traffic stop, and he got a medal for it.

This.

And yes Mal. I have patrolled Northbridge. And Freo. And Joondalup. And the Skyshow.

I reiterate.

If your on your own and some 150 kilo Bikie has you bailed up, what are you going to do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grand jury has seen plenty of evidence. Going to court would be a complete and utter waste of time. Most of the hard evidence favors Wilson. There's no way in hell they could prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt against him.

There was no injustice here folks. There was no credible evidence to indict Wilson. Time to move on and find another event to race bait over.
No agenda here...

This.

And yes Mal. I have patrolled Northbridge. And Freo. And Joondalup. And the Skyshow.

I reiterate.

If your on your own and some 150 kilo Bikie has you bailed up, what are you going to do?
You would make a terrible cop , just on your views alone.

No wonder people don't respect the police give anyone enough authority over a person and they'll make any justification to exert abuse on to a person.

It was Brown Sr's second wife selling the merchandise. Browns Mother and grandmother rocked up with 20 - 30 people and physically assaulted them including repeatedly hitting Browns mother-in-law in the head. This includes Browns Mother: “McSpadden then ran up and punched Gordon”.

Michael Brown Senior's mother-in-law. That's Mike Brown's, father's mother-in-law. As they didn't describe her as his mother's mother or his grandmother, obviously Mike Brown Sr had remarried. This woman was his mother-in-law from that 2nd marriage, so no actual relation to Mike Brown.

Now imagine your kid has just been killed and you've expressed a desire for no-one to use his death to sell merchandise and then you find out that a woman that barely knew your kid is pretending that she is family and doing exactly what you asked people not to do. And when you confront her, she tells you that you don't own the copyright on your dead child's name. I don't blame the real family for beating them down.

In any case, none of that has anything to do with the murder of Mike Brown. That douchebag brings it up in an attempt to further paint Mike Brown as someone worthless from a worthless family whose death doesn't matter.

You would make a terrible cop , just on your views alone.

No wonder people don't respect the police give anyone enough authority over a person and they'll make any justification to exert abuse on to a person.

You have no idea what your taking about.

Nor do a lot of the other armchair experts contributing on this thread.

I was an officer for ten years, so I like to think I might know a bit about it.

So, once again, I repeat, as a police officer, without backup, if you have a 150 kg individual charging at you, you don't have a taser (something not always guarenteed to bring someone down anyway), and genuinely believe that if he gets to you he is going to overpower you - and from that point write your own ending, what do you suggest as an alternate course of action?

I want to hear it, I really do.

It's pretty hard to believe Brown was actually charging at Wilson. The only support for that version of events is some anonymous witnesses that didn't say anything until there had been plenty of time for them to be bribed/coerced and to get their stories straight. It makes no sense. Why would someone who had already been shot decide to turn around and charge at the cop who was shooting him?? He wasn't out of his mind on drugs. He wasn't known for erratic violent behaviour. It makes no sense. The initial reactions from all witnesses were that he was trying to surrender. Holding your hands up in surrender and charging like a bull at someone are not actions that you would easily confuse.

At the very least there is enough doubt about what happened that it should have gone to trial.

So, once again, I repeat, as a police officer, without backup, if you have a 150 kg individual charging at you, you don't have a taser (something not always guarenteed to bring someone down anyway), and genuinely believe that if he gets to you he is going to overpower you - and from that point write your own ending, what do you suggest as an alternate course of action?

If the copper wasn't armed to the teeth, this wouldn't of happened. Copper had no reason to bring guns into it, suspect wasn't armed, no reason to suspect he was. Ground rules were created, suspects life determined by coppers paranoid of losing their guns.

You have no idea what your taking about.

Nor do a lot of the other armchair experts contributing on this thread.

I was an officer for ten years, so I like to think I might know a bit about it.

Not use racial profiling for a start and treatingn people/suspects with a bit of respect would de escalate most situations.

I really really doubt Wilson story is correct and has more than likely been coached into him to make a legal justification for the shooting.

Pigs will defend pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back