Toast ND Pick #13 - Welcome to Freo Lachie Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he won't be a flight risk... Had dreams of playing with his brother side by side.

Maybe we'll trade him for... mcCartin?
In the same 'draft days' interview he also noted that realistically he would be playing against his brother and that he was looking forward to playing against him. Has no go home factor and I assume a player like brad hill would have wanted to play with stephen, but look what happened there?
No concern about Weller what so ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His brother Maverick (what sort of name is that?) was a similar build to Lachlan when drafted - now he looks like the veritable brick sh1thouse. Young Lachie could end up becoming a pretty solid unit, as well as a skillful player.

Notwithstanding a bit of disappointment about not getting a CHB, this guy looks pretty impressive.

link ?

Were they hanging out for him

It would be an understatement to say he was probably the one player we were hoping to slide to 21 (excluding the obvious top 5-10).

Obviously cos he's silky and a gun, but having two brothers in the same team would be pretty neat as well.

Realised it was pretty unlikely though. Good luck to him, definitely someone I'll keep an eye out for when Freo plays. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back