X-Men game: Discussion

Would you be interested in playing this game?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm already thinking for the next game I might change two of the good mutants to act as Guardians. I'm thinking of adding Beast and then giving him and Cyclops the ability to protect someone over night rather than kill.

I think the game would be better if it was played with 2 teams going against eachother.

So you have the evil team and the good team, both have their own private PM's.

There are no flogs.

And kills are set to 1 each, or can choose an ability instead. So total you have max 2 kills a night, or no kill a night.

I think the game would be better if it was played with 2 teams going against eachother.

So you have the evil team and the good team, both have their own private PM's.

There are no flogs.

And kills are set to 1 each, or can choose an ability instead. So total you have max 2 kills a night, or no kill a night.

But how does that work if everyone knows who is good and who is evil, or am I missing something?

But how does that work if everyone knows who is good and who is evil, or am I missing something?
In a game of 20, 5 can be good and 5 can be evil while 10 are civilians.

It's no different to having flogs in a game, except there are no standalone Juggs and Seers, they are all a part of a group.

Ok, so now that we've played a game, what worked and what needs to change? All suggestions considered.
I think that the fact there were so many different names for roles, when a few of them were essentially the same, just put people off and made them think it was confusing.

It also suffered from a lack of people driving discussion, but not sure how you could change that. Just comes with the tentative start.

I think that the fact there were so many different names for roles, when a few of them were essentially the same, just put people off and made them think it was confusing.

It also suffered from a lack of people driving discussion, but not sure how you could change that. Just comes with the tentative start.

I'm going to try and differentiate the roles a little more next game as well as add in two Guardians.

As for the discussion side of things, I'll take part of the blame for that for forgetting to include some posters at the start of the game. Having more players may have helped.

I also nearly encounted a problem on the first night that I'm still not sure how to fix-

Basically, pantskyle as Stryker was considering 'Experimenting' on Son of God who was one of the bad guys. The problem was, if he converted him to a human, the other evil mutants would know this and he would be an easy kill.
Or he could become a mole, but then pants would know who the evil players were and it might make the game too easy.

Luckily for me at the time, pants changed his mind and chose brahj, but I still need a solution for the future.

Back