Event Players Association MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was earlier than the current and I wasn't working right now, I wouldn't have.

He #rekt me hard that time though.
Just stop.

You're just giving okeydoke7 more material to jerk off to tonight.

I thought only one person had me in their list.

I was wrong. Two people have put me at number 5, what the actual ****?

You guys are actually weird.

I voted right after the Simpsons Werewolf game. I liked our team work.

I voted right after the Simpsons Werewolf game. I liked our team work.
Perhaps the only thing I've done all season apart from be a dick. Then again, that's me :).

Having fumbler and akkaps in the top 5 is... puzzling.
Firstly, most have their teammates higher in a lot of cases and fumbler has been brilliant IMO, and I see him behind the scenes.
I'm surprised that akkaps is rated so poorly by so many, from day one I've enjoyed his posting, he amuses me and that counts for a bit.
We all derive different things from posters, I thought my list, and the reasoning, was sound.

Firstly, most have their teammates higher in a lot of cases and fumbler has been brilliant IMO, and I see him behind the scenes.
I'm surprised that akkaps is rated so poorly by so many, from day one I've enjoyed his posting, he amuses me and that counts for a bit.
We all derive different things from posters, I thought my list, and the reasoning, was sound.
I'm not saying it's wrong, just unorthodox.

Go on....
If I must, you may have been one of the all time great posters in seasons past, PVF as well, but in my opinion you have given the SFA absolutely nothing this season and to believe that you should be rated in the top echelon, I'm judging this season only, is delusional.
It's no big deal, just my observations with no history to draw on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, no one is wrong, it's only opinions after all.

The opinion that opinions can't be wrong is a wrong opinion. It's not wrong, necessarily, to have a wrong opinion, but we must still acknowledge when it's wrong.

In another way: you can say my finger paintings from kindergarten are works of art, but there's a good reason they're not hanging next to the Rembrandt's and van Gogh's in the Louvre (or whatever is hanging in the Louvre, I've never been, but I'll probably take a picture of the exterior in person one day). In this case, akkaps is... well, maybe not exactly my 4-year-old self's finger paintings, but probably my year two peace essay.

The opinion that opinions can't be wrong is a wrong opinion. It's not wrong, necessarily, to have a wrong opinion, but we must still acknowledge when it's wrong.

In another way: you can say my finger paintings from kindergarten are works of art, but there's a good reason they're not hanging next to the Rembrandt's and van Gogh's in the Louvre (or whatever is hanging in the Louvre, I've never been, but I'll probably take a picture of the exterior in person one day). In this case, akkaps is... well, maybe not exactly my 4-year-old self's finger paintings, but probably my year two peace essay.
You didn't write an essay in year two.

Here's my list plus reasons.

1. Marlowe - The reincarnation of Jim Morrison, if he posted in the SFA and watched Community. He knows adjectives and he's not afraid to use them. Very few posters can tread the line between quantity and quality the way this man does. Clearly number one.

2. Frankston Rover - When I think back over Season 18, one name springs to mind. Frank. I'd heard the name, but didn't realise what a bombastic character he really was. I didn't always agree with him, but he stirred the pot and defended his young team to the end. A true character of the Sweet FA.

3. Bengwatkins - Beng annoys me. He spams, but somehow you still like him for it. I imagine he carries a small mirror on his person at all times and likes to blow kisses at his reflection. I don't think there was a thread this season that he didn't post in and I'm sure he holds some kind of posting records.

4. fitzroybulldog - It took me awhile to notice FB. I describe him as Marlowe lite. His posts are like a song that caress your eyes like a warm summer breeze. But not in a wanky way.

5. Okeydoke7 - As has already been shown in this thread, he can actually leave an opponent speechless. I don't think there is anybody else in this league that can do that. Very few posters intimidate me the way Okey does.

6. The Filth Wizard - If there was an alpha dog of the SFA, it would be TFW. He has a presence. When he posts, people listen. I probably don't rate his posting as high as some others, but I can still recognise that he is truly elite.

7. TheFreshBanana - Man, I use to hate TFBs posts. He used to ruin match threads with his long-winded dribble. Thankfully he has pulled his head out of his arse and become a very good poster. The Wonders needed someone to step up and luckily TFB did.

8. Wacky Tiger - You just want to walk up to this big kitty and give his cheeks a pinch. His posts may lack a bit of depth, but I'll forgive him for that because he'll like this post.

9. pantskyle - Something changed when he got that little badge under his name. No, not the EKA, the other one. I don't know whether he just found more confidence as a poster or he matured a little, but he seemed to suddenly become a much better poster. We don't seem to agree on much, he and I, but that doesn't mean I don't rate him highly.

10. Son of God - Soggy, Soggy, Soggy. What do I say. Is there a better antagonist in the Sweet FA? Probably not. He was born to play in this league. One piece of advice though, old fella. Learn when to quit. Your battles are like a 24 hour sex marathon, great for the first half, but by the end you're dehydrated and you've got blisters on your dick.

11. Brahj - This guy is funny. And if he keeps developing at the current rate he could end up as the best in the league. I will be filling your PM box with recruitment offers from now until eternity.

12. BigJoeD - When the Warriors first started, I was thinking dear god, what have we done? But amongst a lot of crap, his posts shone through like a beacon and I thought perhaps there was some hope. Frank found a good'un.

13. Noobz0r - An edumacated Swamprat. Who knew? I was really worried when MP went walkabout. Thank goodness Noobz0r was there to steady the ship.

14. Eth - I'm so glad he's on my team, because I'd hate to have to banter against him. Nobody knows this league, it's history, and it's stats like this guy. If you are going to take him on, make sure you are prepared.

15. Croweater 41 - In my rookie year I remember everybody saying "when's Crowy coming back?" and I'm certainly glad he did. I think he may actually be Matt Groening.

16. beez - beez is a victim of his own greatness. Everybody says he's not as good as he use to be and have stopped appreciating him for what he still brings. His posts cut like a razor sharp katana being wielded by a master samurai.

17. Mr Eagle - This guy flies under the radar (getit). You kind of forget he exists until you re-read some of the Hawks match threads and find yourself giggling at all his posts.

18. timtamWB - I know he only posted for half the season, but I don't care. Perhaps I'm suffering from a bit of recency bias, but I love what he brings to the table. I actually think he needs to get out of the Royals (where he's hidden behind some other very good posters) to truly get the best out of himself. He's more than welcome at the Demons.

19. spookism - That 'other' Swamprats poster. Doesn't take himself too seriously and always seems to make me laugh.

20. Wise Guy Sam - Sam will say he had a down year. I don't care and will still put him on my list after he's retired. This league needs WGS. I need him.

Last edited:
I was wondering which flogs actually left me out of the top 20. ClarkeM in your 20 but not me? Please.

Captain Awkward? Reardo? From 4 posts? And who the hell is Magruder? Matera92? Are you just randomly generating names? You started so well with the first 7 or 8 and then I'm not quite sure what happened. Not in the top 20 in this competition...Spare me.

The EKA curse has whacked you in the head. First that horrible thread earlier today (you should thank me so so much for sparing you the embarrassment of letting it continue) and now this revelation? THE CURSE LIVES. Your reputation dies.

Don't you poke your tongue out at me you clown. Your list isn't too much better. There's the obvious improvement...You included me and I'm a clear top 20 poster. But you had Hate in your list. Hate. Are you bloody taking the piss? fumbler at 2 and akkaps at 5? Both good posters in their own rights but let's not make a mockery of top 5 spots. Go back to Anfield you Queen loving, tabloid consuming, pompous pom. THIS IS NOT ANFIELD. This is the SFA and you obviously haven't noticed that much of the time based on some of those on that list.

I should post more non admin stuff...No s**t, when I find my clone machine I'll let you know. So that I can destroy it before you ever find it and manage to make two of you.

Meltdown much?

It's so top secret, even I wasn't informed.

This was my list:
  1. okeydoke7
  2. fitzroybulldog
  3. Marlowe
  4. The Filth Wizard
  5. Eth
  6. Danoz
  7. Son of God
  8. croweater41
  9. NathanMJ_WB54
  10. brahj
  11. Noobz0r
  12. A Bit High
  13. pantskyle
  14. Frankston Rover
  15. Tayl0r
  16. BigJoeD
  17. Wise Guy Sam
  18. TheFreshBanana
  19. Wacky Tiger
  20. Bengwatkins

Moans for hours on how WGS was awesome this season and should be a certainty to make the All SFA ahead of shallow as posting is a huge part of it etc. etc. but places WGS at 17 :rolleyes: 13 spots behind TFW and one behind BJD.

Leul tide

Here's my list plus reasons.

1. Marlowe - The reincarnation of Jim Morrison, if he posted in the SFA and watched Community. He knows adjectives and he's not afraid to use them. Very few posters can tread the line between quantity and quality the way this man does. Clearly number one.

2. Frankston Rover - When I think back over Season 18, one name springs to mind. Frank. I'd heard the name, but didn't realise what a bombastic character he really was. I didn't always agree with him, but he stirred the pot and defended his young team to the end. A true character of the Sweet FA.

3. Bengwatkins - Beng annoys me. He spams, but somehow you still like him for it. I imagine he carries a small mirror on his person at all times and likes to blow kisses at his reflection. I don't think there was a thread this season that he didn't post in and I'm sure he holds some kind of posting records.

4. fitzroybulldog - It took me awhile to notice FB. I describe him as Marlowe lite. His posts are like a song that caress your eyes like a warm summer breeze. But not in a wanky way.

5. Okeydoke7 - As has already been shown in this thread, he can actually leave an opponent speechless. I don't think there is anybody else in this league that can do that. Very few posters intimidate me the way Okey does.

6. The Filth Wizard - If there was an alpha dog of the SFA, it would be TFW. He has a presence. When he posts, people listen. I probably don't rate his posting as high as some others, but I can still recognise that he is truly elite.

7. TheFreshBanana - Man, I use to hate TFBs posts. He used to ruin match threads with his long-winded dribble. Thankfully he has pulled his head out of his arse and become a very good poster. The Wonders needed someone to step up and luckily TFB did.

8. Wacky Tiger - You just want to walk up to this big kitty and give his cheeks a pinch. His post may lack a bit of depth, but I'll forgive him for that because he'll like this post.

9. pantskyle - Something changed when he got that little badge under his name. No, not the EKA, the other one. I don't know whether he just found more confidence as a poster or he matured a little, but he seemed to suddenly become a much better poster. We don't seem to agree on much, he and I, but that doesn't mean I don't rate him highly.

10. Son of God - Soggy, Soggy, Soggy. What do I say. Is there a better antagonist in the Sweet FA? Probably not. He was born to play in this league. One piece of advice though, old fella, learn when to quit. Your battles are like a 24 hour sex marathon, great for the first half, but by the end you're dehydrated and you've got blisters on your dick.

11. Brahj - This guy is funny. And if he keeps developing at the current rate he could end up as the best in the league. I will be filling your PM box with recruitment offers from now until eternity.

12. BigJoeD - When the Warriors first started, I was thinking dear god, what have we done? But amongst a lot of crap, his posts shown threw like a beacon and I thought perhaps there was some hope. Frank found a good'un.

13. Noobz0r - An edumacated Swamprat. Who knew? I was really worried when MP went walkabout. Thank goodness Noobz0r was there to steady the ship.

14. Eth - I'm so glad he's on my team, because I'd hate to have to banter against him. Nobody knows this league, it's history, and it's stats like this guy. If you are going to take him on, make sure you are prepared.

15. Croweater 41 - In my rookie year I remember everybody saying "when's Crowy coming back?" and I'm certainly glad he did. I think he may actually be Matt Groening.

16. beez - beez is a victim of his own greatness. Everybody says he's not as good as he use to be and have stopped appreciating him for what he still brings. His posts are like a razor sharp katana being wielded by a master samurai.

17. Mr Eagle - This guy flies under the radar (getit). You kind of forget he exist until you re-read some of the Hawks match threads and find yourself giggling at all his posts.

18. timtamWB - I know he only posted for half the season, but I don't care. Perhaps I'm suffering from a bit of recency bias, but I love what he brings to the table. I actually think he needs to get out of the Royals (where he's hidden behind some other very good posters) to truly get the best out of himself. He's more than welcome at the Demons.

19. spookism - That 'other' Swamprats poster. Doesn't take himself too seriously and always seems to make me laugh.

20. Wise Guy Sam - Sam will say he had a down year. I don't care and will still put him on my list after he's retired. This league needs WGS. I need him.
I like your descriptions. You've nailed a lot of posters quite well.

I agree that Marlowe is probably hands down the best poster in the league atm, a better season than last and mostly contributed from him being more confident to voice his opinions.

Although he seems much more of a campaigner this season.

I reckon if there was a "Marlowe-lite" it would probably be you. I just think you need to post more around the league.

I like your descriptions. You've nailed a lot of posters quite well.

I agree that Marlowe is probably hands down the best poster in the league atm, a better season than last and mostly contributed from him being more confident to voice his opinions.

Although he seems much more of a campaigner this season.

I reckon if there was a "Marlowe-lite" it would probably be you. I just think you need to post more around the league.

I'm too fat to be Marlowe -lite and too lazy to post any more than I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back