Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever seen a piece of equipment in the gym that looks like a bicycle you operate with your hands?

That's what he will use.

Kind of like a sailing grinder

hormone1_f.jpg

I can almost guarantee that Abbott will not be doing this...

17050638-crossfit-sled-push-man-pushing-weights-workout-exercise.jpg

If he's ankle is injured...
stock-photo-sled-rope-pull-woman-pulling-weights-workout-exercise-225416635.jpg
rohnert-park-ca-rowing-machine-store.jpg

all depends on if he is injured and needs surgery or not, cos stuff like this if no moon boot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we have 5 guys who can't run out of 40 and one guy that has hardly played afl.. before it even starts. When the games begin we are behind the 8 ball.
Er, rookies are not a part of the senior list of 40. So make that 4 out of 40 and 1 rookie who cant run (who was highly unlikely to play senior footy this year anyway) + 1 Cat B rookie who's never played (which is not that unusual for Cat B rookies).

Stop being so dramatic.

Er, rookies are not a part of the senior list of 40. So make that 4 out of 40 and 1 rookie who cant run (who was highly unlikely to play senior footy this year anyway) + 1 Cat B rookie who's never played (which is not that unusual for Cat B rookies).

Stop being so dramatic.
Rookies are required players when you get injuries. Especially ACLs.

How? Look how many we've had. Already got two for 2015.
Yep. Two long term injuries on a list of 45 where we need 22 available each week.

Saying that the rookie least likely (aside from Cox) to play senior footy this year, being injured is somehow going to have a serious impact on how our team goes this year, is just bitching for the sake of bitching.

The fact is that aside from Caff and Shazz, the only injured player on the senior list at the moment is Reid. The list is in a far better state now than it was at this time last year.

Yep. Two long term injuries on a list of 45 where we need 22 available each week.

Saying that the rookie least likely (aside from Cox) to play senior footy this year, being injured is somehow going to have a serious impact on how our team goes this year, is just bitching for the sake of bitching.

The fact is that aside from Caff and Shazz, the only injured player on the senior list at the moment is Reid. The list is in a far better state now than it was at this time last year.
Like it or not the rookie list is used more than ever in todays game. I can almost guarentee we will use at least 1 or 2 rookies in 2015.

Like it or not the rookie list is used more than ever in todays game. I can almost guarentee we will use at least 1 or 2 rookies in 2015.

Totally agree with you there ThatsGold, that why Tony Armstrong will play quite a few games this year:)

Never said it wasn't, but Abbott would have to be second last to Cox in the pecking order. Even if he didn't have the ankle issue, it's highly unlikely he would be fit enough for senior footy until 2016.

He is a project player, and should be viewed as such when talking about season 2015.

I like the look of Abbott(not that bastard Tony) and I think if the club and him can get his body right he has a fair bit of upside him.

He looks like a natural player to me and he has a lovely left foot kick on him and he looks a likely type very pleased with drafting him as I am with all our selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back