Season 18-19 Trades, Transfers, Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. That was legit. Him, PVF and everybody else involved. The funny thing was, I nearly let PVF do it but I came to my senses and realised it's my baby this year. Then I heard of allegations RE a potential scamming of sorts and the day after, this all unfolds.

Your Rumble was never going to be rigged in any way. It only would have been used as the announcement for this IF the results went the way we needed them to legitimately, so you know. We'll still compete in this Rumble in the precise same manner as we would have three days ago before you spoke to a little bird.

There was early plans for a rigged faux-Rumble though but it wasn't to be.

Just so these two points can be differentiated...

What are your thoughts on this?

It's sure changed my opinions of a few on here.
On the Dragons' coup?

Well simply, I think it's a great thing that they've recruited so many posters at once. I am also glad that they didn't rig a rumble just do it.

However, I also think it's completely s**t of Noobz0r to dog out a club like he has. Sure you can blame Filthy for targeting him but the decision was all on Noobz and I agree with you in seeing him a lot differently now. The nerve to ditch a co-captaincy gig without even telling spookism was actually the lowest thing I've ever seen in this league and I've been here for a long time. Incredibly pathetic and you could tell by Spook's thread yesterday that it rattled him up a fair bit.

I also think it's a great opportunity for clubs like the Swamprats to bond like they are already doing and unite. In quick response, they've gone and signed rookies regardless of their AFL affiliation and are already talking of a rebrand which is only going to help. Perhaps it was a catalyst that needed to happen? Perhaps, in all actuality, the Swamprats are the real winners out of this? And I tell you what, I'm really beginning to think so. I have it on good word that there are more rookies on the way and I'm sure they're also actively recruiting experienced posters too. If anything, Noobz0r doing a Ryan Griffen just makes him look like a s**t bloke and the Swamprats are now an immensely loved team. It's scarily a perfect scenario of sorts.

The other posters are all pretty insignificant these days. PVF, love the guy but well past his best as we all know. Was looking for a fresh start clearly and went behind the back of the Wonders to do so. I remember the amount of times he came up to me, wanting to know if I was leaving for an expansion bid because "as captain, he has a right to know so he can plan ahead". The fact that he didn't tell TheFreshBanana or croweater 41 a thing was quite pathetic and his excuse of "I couldn't say anything" is completely hypocritical. Although, in saying all of that, I will still like the guy and I wish him all the best at the Dragons. Can absolutely understand why he wanted a fresh start, I'm just annoyed he didn't have the decency to say anything about it. He must have realised that A) it wouldn't really affect our plans or B) he was being a bit of a s**t bloke. I'm thinking a strong mixture of both. He is of absolutely no loss to the Wonders, clearly. We have responded so well, even before he left, for the upcoming season. We have recently signed 10 rookies with about 7-8 of them being incredibly active lately. We have also brought back club favourite Brown Bottle as well as Coopers who has so much unfulfilled potential, I thought he could have been the #1 poster in the league. His return to the league has already been great. So in terms of my views on behalf of the Wonders, we're sort of like "meh" right now and are completely happy with how we sit this off-season.

As for Hate, well, his activity has been honourable lately. The quality is still lacking but we can all see that he will grow into a decent enough poster soon enough. I'm not a fan of his attitude but there's no doubting he will one day be able to bring something to the table so it's an above average recruit for the Dragons.

The funniest one is definitely Gee Dub being recruited straight into a captaincy gig at the Dragons. That is extremely hilarious and I still have suspicions that it's a troll. I will admit, I tried to recruit Gee Dub at the Wonders because he's a washed up player and while clearly not being the best poster in any team going around, he'd be a handy addition to have as perhaps a Forward Flanker or on the Wing. But man, captaincy? Laughable. Thankfully, I managed to help the Bandits recruit some guys before it all happened so now there's even more people in the league who can hate Gee Dub :p.

Bringing Filthy Sanchez back into the league is good however, he'll just fade out like he did last time so not even worth a bother.

So my thoughts are pretty simple:
  • Great to see a massive coup by the Dragons who have generally struggled and.
  • ******* pathetic by Noobz0r.
  • PVF needed to leave.
  • Hate has some upside.
  • Gee Dub as captaincy has got to be one of the worst decisions ever if it's even true.

#SwampiesUnite

Your Rumble was never going to be rigged in any way. It only would have been used as the announcement for this IF the results went the way we needed them to legitimately, so you know. We'll still compete in this Rumble in the precise same manner as we would have three days ago before you spoke to a little bird.

There was early plans for a rigged faux-Rumble though but it wasn't to be.

Just so these two points can be differentiated...
No, it wasn't however I have removed Gee Dub as a judge as a precautionary measure as well as lying to me about it when confronting him about what I had just heard. Especially when I knew he was involved in it all. Don't worry, I will be giving a lot of red cards out to the people who make me laugh and most of the time, I really don't find bullies ganging up on others funny ;).

Last edited:
I also fully support the Swamprats' ongoing decision to rebrand. I have always thought that should be the case if they wished to survive. I've never been a fan of AFL affiliated SFA clubs because you're ultimately taking 17/18ths of the people on this side out of contention.

The league would support the Swamprats' rebranding, clearly and so they should. They've announced that they struggle to attract posters which is of far greater concern than the "people make fun of our name" reasoning given not too long ago by the Gumbies. I did/do support a rebrand at the Gumbies, heck, I even guessed it last season as a joke and they thought I had insider access to their PM's. I have always believed that the captain(s) owns the team and can do whatever they want with it but the initial proposed name of Westeros Direwolves was absolutely poor and they shouldn't have been allowed to get away with that mockery. Thankfully, it was decided so. I'm glad to see that they had some balls to go through with the rebrand and while they think they're top s**t now, they're just a little bit better off than what they were and that's really the best thing for them and also, a good thing for the league.

The Swamprats, in my opinion, have an ugly name and although it is characteristically significant in the league, it needs to change if they want to survive, not so much because people make fun of it.

I remember someone came up to me once, wanting to start a Pies team and initially, I thought it'd be great however it is absolutely perfect that it never happened.

#SwampiesUnite

On the Dragons' coup?

Well simply, I think it's a great thing that they've recruited so many posters at once. I am also glad that they didn't rig a rumble just do it.

However, I also think it's completely s**t of Noobz0r to dog out a club like he has. Sure you can blame Filthy for targeting him but the decision was all on Noobz and I agree with you in seeing him a lot differently now. The nerve to ditch a co-captaincy gig without even telling spookism was actually the lowest thing I've ever seen in this league and I've been here for a long time. Incredibly pathetic and you could tell by Spook's thread yesterday that it rattled him up a fair bit.

I also think it's a great opportunity for clubs like the Swamprats to bond like they are already doing and unite. In quick response, they've gone and signed rookies regardless of their AFL affiliation and are already talking of a rebrand which is only going to help. Perhaps it was a catalyst that needed to happen? Perhaps, in all actuality, the Swamprats are the real winners out of this? And I tell you what, I'm really beginning to think so. I have it on good word that there are more rookies on the way and I'm sure they're also actively recruiting experienced posters too. If anything, Noobz0r doing a Ryan Griffen just makes him look like a s**t bloke and the Swamprats are now an immensely loved team. It's scarily a perfect scenario of sorts.

The other posters are all pretty insignificant these days. PVF, love the guy but well past his best as we all know. Was looking for a fresh start clearly and went behind the back of the Wonders to do so. I remember the amount of times he came up to me, wanting to know if I was leaving for an expansion bid because "as captain, he has a right to know so he can plan ahead". The fact that he didn't tell TheFreshBanana or croweater 41 a thing was quite pathetic and his excuse of "I couldn't say anything" is completely hypocritical. Although, in saying all of that, I will still like the guy and I wish him all the best at the Dragons. Can absolutely understand why he wanted a fresh start, I'm just annoyed he didn't have the decency to say anything about it. He must have realised that A) it wouldn't really affect our plans or B) he was being a bit of a s**t bloke. I'm thinking a strong mixture of both. He is of absolutely no loss to the Wonders, clearly. We have responded so well, even before he left, for the upcoming season. We have recently signed 10 rookies with about 7-8 of them being incredibly active lately. We have also brought back club favourite Brown Bottle as well as Coopers who has so much unfulfilled potential, I thought he could have been the #1 poster in the league. His return to the league has already been great. So in terms of my views on behalf of the Wonders, we're sort of like "meh" right now and are completely happy with how we sit this off-season.

As for Hate, well, his activity has been honourable lately. The quality is still lacking but we can all see that he will grow into a decent enough poster soon enough. I'm not a fan of his attitude but there's no doubting he will one day be able to bring something to the table so it's an above average recruit for the Dragons.

The funniest one is definitely Gee Dub being recruited straight into a captaincy gig at the Dragons. That is extremely hilarious and I still have suspicions that it's a troll. I will admit, I tried to recruit Gee Dub at the Wonders because he's a washed up player and while clearly not being the best poster in any team going around, he'd be a handy addition to have as perhaps a Forward Flanker or on the Wing. But man, captaincy? Laughable. Thankfully, I managed to help the Bandits recruit some guys before it all happened so now there's even more people in the league who can hate Gee Dub :p.

Bringing Filthy Sanchez back into the league is good however, he'll just fade out like he did last time so not even worth a bother.

So my thoughts are pretty simple:
  • Great to see a massive coup by the Dragons who have generally struggled and.
  • ******* pathetic by Noobz0r.
  • PVF needed to leave.
  • Hate has some upside.
  • Gee Dub as captaincy has got to be one of the worst decisions ever if it's even true.

#SwampiesUnite

giphy.gif

As I'm trying to say anyway, this isn't about The Filth Wizard and the Dragons, it's about Noobz0r and the Swamprats.

That's what it's really about and we should all leave the Dragons alone and just move on to the real issues. The Hawks and the Swamprats clearly need posters. I'm still in the process of helping spookism and I will move onto the Hawks when I get a chance. They may say "We don't need your help ClarkeM" and that's absolutely fine but they should know that I'm doing it for more than just the team. I'm doing it for the league.

As I'm trying to say anyway, this isn't about The Filth Wizard and the Dragons, it's about Noobz0r and the Swamprats.

That's what it's really about and we should all leave the Dragons alone and just move on to the real issues. The Hawks and the Swamprats clearly need posters. I'm still in the process of helping spookism and I will move onto the Hawks when I get a chance. They may say "We don't need your help ClarkeM" and that's absolutely fine but they should know that I'm doing it for more than just the team. I'm doing it for the league.

Give this man a HOF badge. Oh wait too late :oops:

Every captain/leader tries to recruit people from other teams. You're silly not to.

Noobz0r had a responsibility and he just shat all over it. Pathetic.
I was merely replying to your suggestion that the Dragons aren't to blame in all of this....too right they are.

As a captain I've only approached certain players whose clubs aren't in any danger. I approached PVF when I realised the Wonders had recruited astutely and were out of trouble. I had no idea about 3KZ is Football. Try rephrasing that to 'every captain tries to recruit players from viable clubs,' and you may be on the money, unless of course there are some willing to steal from the hand that feeds them.

The antics of Gee Dub are similar to Noobz0r. They're both cowards.

I was merely replying to your suggestion that the Dragons aren't to blame in all of this....too right they are.

As a captain I've only approached certain players whose clubs aren't in any danger. I approached PVF when I realised the Wonders had recruited astutely and were out of trouble. I had no idea about 3KZ is Football. Try rephrasing that to 'every captain tries to recruit players from viable clubs,' and you may be on the money, unless of course there are some willing to steal from the hand that feeds them.

The antics of Gee Dub are similar to Noobz0r. They're both cowards.

One dragon is to blame.

akkaps

Big Bad Buddy has agreed to terms and will become a Furies player for S19. I beleive he comes with the blessing of the #lolwonders ;)

That is all

Last edited:
Lol cowards. Why stay on a sinking ship when you can be a part of the best thing to ever happen to this league?

And even more of a lol at Clarkey who after begging me to join the Wonders three days ago and practically stalking me to get me to join, he has now decided I'm s**t because I said no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

akkaps

Big Bad Buddy has agreed to terms will become a Furies player for S19. I beleive he comes with the blessing of the #lolwonders ;)

That is all
Lol, an inactive who we cut? Take him.

And Gee Dub, it's all good mate. As I said, you would have been an okay pick up but anyone giving you captaincy is stupid.

Hate will end up retiring mid season anyway, after I've finished with him. He's already in the midst of a meltdown.
This coming from the meltdown machine himself...

Like I said (* maybe I will retire, having to repeat myself to you is very tiresome) - I'll be here all season.

This coming from the meltdown machine himself...

Like I said (**** maybe I will retire, having to repeat myself to you is very tiresome) - I'll be here all season.
Keep trying. :thumbsu:

*yawn*

Lol cowards. Why stay on a sinking ship when you can be a part of the best thing to ever happen to this league?

And even more of a lol at Clarkey who after begging me to join the Wonders three days ago and practically stalking me to get me to join, he has now decided I'm s**t because I said no.
The Bears are pretty cool.

You took the easy option and s**t on your club. Enjoy being hunted now.

Hope to see you around coward.

Or you could just continue to make them like you have been.
:cry:

It's ok I've got this, and I'll make sure they don't go to waste. Since it's christmas, I'll make sure they go to a good home.

heavy-duty-stainless-steel-bucket1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back