Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Schibeci this morning with Rohan Connolly. They were having a segment on distinctive commentators or something, and got around to Darrell Eastlake and weightlifting.

TS: Darrell Eastlake...he could head up another segment: people I have instantly hated when I met them.

RC: You don't like him, Tony?

TS: Oh God, what a colossal flog! Complete tosser! Biggest up-himself, smart arse, FIGJAM, full of himself muppet I have ever met in my life....blah blah (2 minute diatribe on what a massive flog Eastlake is).

[A few minutes later.....]

TS (very sheepish): I'd like to apologise to the Eastlake family. Darrell is apparently very ill, suffering Alzhiemers and dementia and is virtually on his deathbed. I hope I didn't upset any of Darrell's close family and friends.

:oops:

Greg Matthews pronounces "impetus" as "impesiss".
:D
"....and it gave India the impesiss to set up a good total". And he said it while commentating with Henry Blofeld, so he must've been thinking, "WTF?"

* me. He tries to sound smart by saying "I concur" every 2 minutes, but he's just a dopey bogan.

Last edited:
Tony Schibeci this morning with Rohan Connolly. They were having a segment on distinctive commentators or something, and got around to Darrell Eastlake and weightlifting.

TS: Darrell Eastlake...he could head up another segment: people I have instantly hated when I met them.

RC: You don't like him, Tony?

TS: Oh God, what a colossal flog! Complete tosser! Biggest up-himself, smart arse, FIGJAM, full of himself muppet I have ever met in my life....blah blah (2 minute diatribe on what a massive flog Eastlake is).

[A few minutes later.....]

TS (very sheepish): I'd like to apologise to the Eastlake family. Darrell is apparently very ill, suffering Alzhiemers and dementia and is virtually on his deathbed. I hope I didn't upset any of Darrell's close family and friends.

:oops:
Even if he wasn't on his deathbed, stuff like that is just awful and usually comes from people who are massive flogs themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today aurilio vidmar (assistant coach with the socceroos) was being interviewed on 5AA and was asked about how training works with some players at the end of their club seasons and some at the beginning, Vidmar said that managing different training programs for different players was a "juggle neck"

Cringe-worthy stuff from the two Andys on SEN this morning.

Gazey: Next caller is Mark from Mitcham
Maher: Ha ha "Mark Mitcham", that's a great name for a diver.
Gazey: Huh?
Maher: Mark Mitcham. You know, the Olympic gold medal diver.
Gazey: Was that "Mark Mitcham"?.....I always thought Mark Mitcham was the comedian?
Maher: Who?
Gazey: You know, Mark Mitcham. The guy who did Con The Fruiterer.
Maher: Yeah nah, was he "Mark Mitcham"? Pretty sure Mark Mitcham was the diver........

[back and forth arguing over who "Mark Mitcham" was, while THE CALLER IS ON LINE WAITING TO TALK]

Finally after like 2-3 minutes of this, they worked out that MATTHEW Mitcham was the diver, and Mark MITCHELL was Con The Fruiterer.

:rolleyes:

From ABC news - Jeff Kennett criticising the AFL under Demetriou:

"In recent times it has become very much a male boys' club," Mr Kennett said.

Woulda been better if it had been a female boys' club, I'll bet :rolleyes:.

Or perhaps... a male girls'....

Edit: It seems this was an old article, but still...

Last edited:
I hate Tony Schibeci and I've never even met him. The sound of his voice makes me want to tear out his trachea with my bare hands.

The fact that Schibeci is and has been for an astonishing 10 years an on air presenter is a massive discredit to SEN. Apart from being embarrassingly ill informed about virtually everything, sport or otherwise, his habit of going on a nasty, immature character assassination of people far smarter and more talented then him is truly cringeworthy. As someone who listens to a number of sports radio stations both here and overseas I find the majority of SEN presenters to be fairly ordinary, but Schibeci is in a League of his own.

The fact that Schibeci is and has been for an astonishing 10 years an on air presenter is a massive discredit to SEN. Apart from being embarrassingly ill informed about virtually everything, sport or otherwise, his habit of going on a nasty, immature character assassination of people far smarter and more talented then him is truly cringeworthy. As someone who listens to a number of sports radio stations both here and overseas I find the majority of SEN presenters to be fairly ordinary, but Schibeci is in a League of his own.

I would suggest that it is because he probably comes cheap, is happy to work any and all hours without being too demanding, seems like a nice enough bloke etc.

Agree though, he and most of the presenters are pretty ordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back