Low content, random news, off topic

Remove this Banner Ad

love that Aussie actor

we'll see I guess, will probably come up as good as runner runner though, has hollywood written all over it

Much like Jacki Weaver, he's parlayed his performance in Animal Kingdom (awesome flick by the way) into a nice little career in Hollywood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andy Beal was back today playing Todd Brunson in Bobbys Room @ Bellagio according to twitter

Both bought in for $5million, played 50k/100k limit holdem and Brunson scooped it all

Interested to see how long he sticks around for and if he plays again/who he plays. From what I remember Timeshenko is a limit holdem freak (or was) and hes currently in Australia, wondering if this is something he'd be interested in

That stadium deal with the Power making little money off of Adelaide Oval means some things have to be done :)

---------------------------------------

Anyway, shameless plug alert*

a friend of mine (Ashton Cartwright) runs a publishing company, and made a book interviewing a bunch of different poker players from around Australia, NZ, and a few Americans for a look into their lives as pro poker players. There isn't a lot of strategy discussed, but if anyone here has wanted to gain an insight into the thought process and history of some poker players its a pretty fun read. I was one of the people interviewed for the book, but I promise you there are smarter people then me giving their thoughts on playing poker for a living.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Grinders-Play-Poker-Living/dp/1505701317

*Aside from a free copy of the book, I stand to gain nothing from any additional sales of the book.

Im pretty sure it was Timo, but I'm reaching quite far back here (2010 maybe)

Forgot to post it when I had the chance, but HossTBF did have probably my favorite ever blog post about his playing Limit Hold'Em with Hellmuth back in the day

http://hoss-tbf.livejournal.com/18125.html

Favourite line

----------------------------------------------------
PHILHELLMUTH: wow amazing

PHILHELLMUTH: hoss Im having scurity review this session first time ever

PHILHELLMUTH: thats the truth

TURNTHECAROFF: lololl

PHILHELLMUTH: hoss is playing well vs me

TURNTHECAROFF: wp hoss

TURNTHECAROFF: he is supposedly a great player phil

PHILHELLMUTH: U morons beat AQ KQ KJ and more in the last few minutes alon

PHILHELLMUTH: **** this

PHILHELLMUTH: gadwr

PHILHELLMUTH: \q4th6

PHILHELLMUTH: how in fusk hell

PHILHELLMUTH: do you get away with this ****

Anyone interested in jumping into a non-$$ Supercoach (AFL) league this season? If so, reply here, or send me a PM, and I'll set one up.

Of course, if people want to incorporate a financial element, they're welcome to organise that amongst themselves.

Hi guys, dont know where to put this but I've been playing poker for around 2 years now, (mainly tourneys) I've been fairly successful in my short time playing online (no live yet) i just wanted to know what is a good ROI for tourney players? Obviously anything + means you're doing something right over a extended period, but what are the very good tourney players ROI numbers? What should i be aiming for to declare myself a good tourney player?

I only ask this as i just found mine on sharkscope (yes Im still a hella newb in many ways), i dont use huds or anything like that just play on reads and feel

Thanks in advance.

yeah its kind of hard to give an ROI number as par

For example Uhhmee (Aussie Millions winner) has an ROI of 13% but there will be someone out there who has a much higher ROI than him but is obviously not a better player or hasnt won as much money, just FT'd a major scoop event or something

If you gave us your name we could scope you and see for our selves and give you an idea of where you are at as most likely you havent played enough games to get a decent sample, but that isnt saying you're not a winner or anything, its just hard to get a significant sample size in MTTs

Another thing I'd suggest doing is paying the $12~ for a Sharkscope silver subscription and doing some filtered searches of players to get an idea of where they are

For example filter in buy buyins $0-$109 and $109-$215 and $215-$1k etc

So much of the bulk of MTTs are played in the 0-109 range, but a sunday session or a SCOOP/WCOOP that has so many $215+ buyins can really have a negative effect on a winning players graph purely through variance.

So you can have someones overall graph at 15% ROI at 5k games, but have a 60% ROI for 4k games at $0-$109 and a negative ROI 500 games in the $215+ range because they bricked a few 1ks/2ks during scoop which means nothing

Or on the other sde of that, have a positive ROI overall but be losing in 0-109 4k games but they made a deep sunday million run or something

Another thing I'd suggest doing is paying the $12~ for a Sharkscope silver subscription and doing some filtered searches of players to get an idea of where they are

For example filter in buy buyins $0-$109 and $109-$215 and $215-$1k etc

So much of the bulk of MTTs are played in the 0-109 range, but a sunday session or a SCOOP/WCOOP that has so many $215+ buyins can really have a negative effect on a winning players graph purely through variance.

So you can have someones overall graph at 15% ROI at 5k games, but have a 60% ROI for 4k games at $0-$109 and a negative ROI 500 games in the $215+ range because they bricked a few 1ks/2ks during scoop which means nothing

Or on the other sde of that, have a positive ROI overall but be losing in 0-109 4k games but they made a deep sunday million run or something

Yea, all great points thanks for that guys. And i just checked again, I've been playing for 18 months now not two years.

Well i haven't played a $200 tourney yet (my biggest was $125 set over set brutal early beat), i play on Full Tilt, at first it was just because of the software but after playing Stars for a month or two in between i actually think the games are softer there in the $5 - $26 range which is my standard buy in. (have played some of the $50 tourneys with good success also)

Ive played a bit over 300 tourneys now with a +23.1% ROI. Probably not a big enough sample size as you guys have said.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back