Big Footy Dynasty 2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome one and all to the official thread for the second Big Footy Dynasty league henceforth known as BIG FOOTY KEEPER.

Zim^zuM - ROFLern Bulldogs
Unknown Caller - Another Team
Tutty - Tutty's Tributes
Jordie_tackles - Belmont Buzzards
swansfan51 - Drug Cheats
Sultan - Rampaging Sultans
Drew23 - Seahawks
CaptnHeffo_PAFC - Hefferville Heffers
tenderwarrior - Tender Warriors
L_W_P - LWP Jokers
Butler - South West Sasquatches
bffl - The Lads

We have 12 coaches locked in. This number is perfect imo.

I will PM all of you with details of the new league I have setup this morning.

The draft will begin at 6pm Melbourne time on Friday February 6th. Twelve hours per pick however the clock will stop between 12am (Midnight) and 6am. I know you aren't all online 24/7 like myself ;) While I would like to hold a live draft online there were some issues with the previous league that saw a couple of teams filled with autopicks. Slow and steady wins the race.

Serpentine rules obviously and the order will be randomized just prior to the draft going live.

I cannot stress enough how important it is for everyone to be signed up for the league before this time. I dont want to be chasing people up Friday afternoon. IF YOU DONT SIGN UP YOU MISS OUT! The only exception I will allow for postponing the draft is if we need to get an even number of coaches.

The format as it stands will be -

5 backs + 1 emerg
7 centres + 1 emerg
5 forwards + 1 emerg
1 ruck + 1 emerg
4 UTL + 1 emerg
19 bench players

That's a total of 46 listed players per team.

At this point I am going to go with the DOUBLE POINTS option. There is an on going discussion in the other league about the weighting of free kicks and I think this is a great point of difference for us to use.

A minimum of 3 list changes will be required at the end of each year. This can be done through either drafting or trading.

I'm happy to hear suggestions for changes and we can put any big issues up for a vote.

In season trades will be available however, like the other league, I expect we have a decent discussion about the validity of these trades as they come up. Things will get messy in the first year. It happens. Hopefully though we will work through any teething issues and this league will be just as strong as the original!

Good luck and welcome aboard!!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

LP04 has advised that he cant be 100% committed beyond the draft.

If anyone has a replacement option who is ready to go please let them know there is a spot up for grabs.

Still waiting on 3 coaches.

Need at least 1 more to start the draft.
We need all 3 surely? Can't add 2 sides afterwards unless we do another draft

Well I havent had confirmation that everyone is still interested in taking part.

LP04 was good enough to tell us he wouldnt be able to commit 100% That leaves us with 11 coaches. 9 have already signed up.

If we get to Friday night and we only have 10 coaches then im happy to get this going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 10 teams now signed up.

Butler has PM'd me with interest in joining the league and he will be first in line ahould we have an odd number come draft day.

If nothing happens between now and then we will be running this with 10 teams which will make for some great list strength!

The only good thing with 10 is that I think we would play everybody twice, so the draw will be 'fairer'. Saying that, if we can have 12 coaches, more the merrier :)

Yep, happy with 10 - good point tenderwarrior

10 makes it much easier to make the top 8 :p

I prefer 12, but I was just pointing out that 10 isn't too bad.

You could always add a few extra teams in a season or two as well, as there are ways and means to have that happen via draft concessions and each existing team having to give up a certain quota of players - but that is a potential bridge to cross in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back