2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Take that Hawks ;)

Didn't see the game thankfully. Look's like the penny has dropped after that abhorrent game against the Devils for the Sharks.

Leafs have just completed their lowest scoring month in their history.

I wonder what reaction Don Maloney will have when the Yotes play the Habs today :D

UnrealisticFrailGemsbok.gif

Also, what are your thoughts on the all star game? I watched a bit and found it fairly painful to be honest. The players almost look bored to be there. Seems like something that can work well in basketball and baseball, sports with less contact. Heck, in baseball it's important since the winner determines the home-ground advantage for the World Series.

In hockey, it just doesn't seem to work at all. Having this whole fantasy draft thing makes the concept even more ridiculous. How about try North America vs Europe? They did that once before yeah? That seems like it'd be a bit more exciting.

Or, scrap the all star weekend and have a mini hockey WC tournament?

...or just scrap it full stop. Ratings took a huge dive this year.

OEL now has 14 goals on the season, just the 10 assists. When was the last time a defenceman had more goals than assists (having atleast 20 points)?

That's pretty good. I wonder if he can somehow scrape to 30 goals. Only 8 players have done that as a D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, what are your thoughts on the all star game? I watched a bit and found it fairly painful to be honest. The players almost look bored to be there. Seems like something that can work well in basketball and baseball, sports with less contact. Heck, in baseball it's important since the winner determines the home-ground advantage for the World Series.

In hockey, it just doesn't seem to work at all. Having this whole fantasy draft thing makes the concept even more ridiculous. How about try North America vs Europe? They did that once before yeah? That seems like it'd be a bit more exciting.

Or, scrap the all star weekend and have a mini hockey WC tournament?

...or just scrap it full stop. Ratings took a huge dive this year.

Scrap it - pointless game with care factor generally 0 for most.

Jets lose their 4th game in a row. Averaging 5 GA over those 4 losses. Had the perfect opportunity to cement that wild card spot.

Oh come on Sharks. You beat the Kings, Ducks & Hawks and put up this kind of s**t against the Oilers?

Jets lose their 4th game in a row. Averaging 5 GA over those 4 losses. Had the perfect opportunity to cement that wild card spot.

Oh come on Sharks. You beat the Kings, Ducks & Hawks and put up this kind of s**t against the Oilers?
Ladies and gentleman, Antti Niemi. His shitness + the lack of scoring in playoffs is why we won't get past the first round.

Ladies and gentleman, Antti Niemi. His shitness + the lack of scoring in playoffs is why we won't get past the first round.

I wanted to pour acid in my eyes during that shootout. ''Hey let's try and keep shooting 5hole, eventually one will go in, right?''

OEL with another goal to his tally.

Carey Price should be ineligible to win the Vezina if he notches up B2B losses against Arizona & Buffalo.

Kings really need to get going here, and as I type this the Caps just score 2 in 59 seconds.

Kings really need to get going here, and as I type this the Caps just score 2 in 59 seconds.
Superstar goalie Jon Quick is so awesome. They lose a couple of defenceman and he is reduced to being an average goalie - which is what he always was. Numbers inflated by a defense first system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back