NRL Titans Cocaine Scandal (8 current and former players charged along with K Hunt)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best things to happen out of this.

Micheal searle is finally gawwwnnnnn.

Worst things.

Still have no sponsor one week from the start of the season............ NRL find a sponsor FFS before you announce this s**t.
Still have no training ground, LOL a team in a National comp has no base.
Annesley is still a big part of the board.
The NRL is allowing the board to keep making decisions on the future of the club, but will still under write all of the cheques....... Suck s**t Norths and Wests and every other club who got butt effed.

Don't forget if they do sign Cherry-Evans how bad will it look, where did they get the money etc. etc.

The NRL hold the licence, they aren't funding them.

Basically its what the AFL did with the Swans in Oct 1992 except we got a redirection of our licence fee to fund ourselves....but I guess with your opinion the AFL back then shouldn't of done that and let us die because of the Dockers and Power joining the league in the near future.

But I guess logic can't apply here:rolleyes:

if the NRL aren't putting money in then where's the money coming from? is debt just going to continue to pile up?

and you can't compare the NRL to the AFL, the money and setup is completely different.

I'm not saying the NRL should let them die i'm saying them taking over the club is at best delaying the inevitable and worst speeding it up because they can't afford to keep clubs on the drip like the AFL does.

This isn't a newcastle situation which is salvageable they just need a new owner which the NRL can find. but the titans? their toxic. whos going to buy it?

What a beat up load of s**t...

What the hell do people think young blokes who are well payed, living on the Gold Coast are doing on Saturday nights in this day and age??

If you want them to stop relocate the team to Adelaide.

They just can't bring themselves around to calling Hunt an ex-AFL player. LoL

How police sniffed out Australian sport’s big multi-million dollar cocaine bust

Link

Often referred to as a sunny place for shady people, Touma began networking around the edges of the Surfers Paradise glitter strip.

Some 15 years later, the multi-million dollar cocaine ring Touma has been charged with establishing, would register a 9.9 on the Richter scale of Australian sport.

Football stars Karmichael Hunt, Greg Bird, Dave Taylor, Ashley Harrison, Steve Michaels and Beau Fallon — along with fringe NRL players Jamie Dowling, Kalifa Faifai Loa and Joe Vickery — would all be dragged into the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission net.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back