Swans NAB Challenge 2015 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every other season I was happy to let the players build for the home and away games.
Not this year.
Yes it is only NAB Challenge game 1, but given the players' efforts in our last game, I wanted to see a hard edge to the team, an understanding that this game had an importance over and above the NAB Challenge.
This was the first game of the rest of their lives.
The players let themselves and the club down in the GF.
They lost respect. This was an opportunity to set down a marker. To define what is expected of them in the upcoming season.

Instead our skills and decision making were woeful, strategies from clearance sets ups to kick-ins were seemingly non-existent, we had no overlap/run from behind and our pressure/workrate was lacking, far far too often there was a lack of players moving to space when we had the ball and we were constantly outnumbered at the fall of the ball.
Exactly what has Longmire been working on in the off-season?

I've heard all I want to hear from Jack, from McVeigh, from Longmire about their efforts in the GF. I wanted to see actions.
This was time for them to start to deliver on their promises.
They failed abysmally.

Kick ins? what are those :p
Comical that the only targets we reliably hit by foot were brisbane players from kick ins.
Glad no serious injuries and good learning experience for the younger player on what not to do. Ended up happy with jettas game(relative to the team), parker, Kennedy, Grundy and rampe our bests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our kicking is still down right s**t , going to bed

Spot on.

Midfield still grossly overrated and taking a line through the old saying " Your only as Good as Your Last Game " They had the same amount of intensity as their last game excluding Parker.

Hannebury jogging & If people think Tom Mitchell is going to be some sort of saviour through the midfield maybe they should try live bating him because he is slower than the ******* Melbourne Train System.:rolleyes:

Without a word of a lie, I don't believe there was any set up or structure being used. Was merely start in x position and follow your opponent.

I'm OK with this. If the plan was just to get match fitness then aok. Be very worried if any semblance of structure or strategy in there

Every other season I was happy to let the players build for the home and away games.
Not this year.
Yes it is only NAB Challenge game 1, but given the players' efforts in our last game, I wanted to see a hard edge to the team, an understanding that this game had an importance over and above the NAB Challenge.
They lost respect. This was an opportunity to set down a marker. To define what is expected of them in the upcoming season.

Instead our skills and decision making were woeful, strategies from clearance sets ups to kick-ins were seemingly non-existent, we had no overlap/run from behind and our pressure/workrate was lacking, far far too often there was a lack of players moving to space when we had the ball and we were constantly outnumbered at the fall of the ball.

I've heard all I want to hear from Jack, from McVeigh, from Longmire about their efforts in the GF. I wanted to see actions.
They failed abysmally.

Lol what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like just being semi serious for a second i kinda dislike the attitude we take into the NAB like supporters pay money to go and watch that and we were by far the worst team that has played so far.

By now all swans supporters should expect us to be s**t in the preseason

Not this year.

They failed abysmally.

I somewhat agree with this. It is almost like a lot of Swans players have no professional pride. After the performance in the grand final even if this is just the NAB Cup I had hoped they would show more fight and determination than they did today.

Lol what?

What's so funny ? Regardless of his rant about the GF everything he said from a game sense point of view was spot on the money.

Before they know it they will be zip and 3 in the regular season and the Claytons Captains McVeigh or Jack will come out and say we are not playing the way we want to play. Well guess what ? Tonight is not the way we want you to ****** play either.

What's so funny ? Regardless of his rant about the GF everything he said from a game sense point of view was spot on the money.

Before they know it they will be zip and 3 in the regular season and the Claytons Captains McVeigh or Jack will come out and say we are not playing the way we want to play. Well guess what ? Tonight is not the way we want you to ****** play either.

Understand the sentiment. Is frustrating that every preseason we are still rusty. What erks me the most is how woeful the disposal is. Was a knock on it last year. Why on earth hadn't it improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back