Dahlhaus signs for 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that we went from Dahl wanting out at the end of last year (which I believe was true) to him re-signing before the season even starts speaks volumes about the impact Beveridge has had on the playing group already. It's really early days, but I honestly think appointing him as coach might end up being one of the best moves this club's ever made. I'm super impressed already.

Why's that?

Serious question, I have no opinion on the situation

I had thoughts that Dahlhaus would leave end of the year... Glad I dont have to think of that until the end of 2018 now, and hopefully at that point we've just completed a 3-peat AFL premiership :D

Opinion stated as fact continues to surface here. Can anyone provided solid proof to the assertion that he wanted to leave either last year or this year? Hearsay does not count as proof. And sometimes being unhappy about this or that does not constitute as wanting to leave (I assume most players would have grumble about something sometime).

I suspect that his demeanour has changed where, even in the current interview, he comes across as serious, almost dour.....compared to his earlier personality. Maybe people assumed this meant he wasn't happy, but as he says, he has grown up since then and is far more aware of the professionalism that it takes every day to be a top line footballer.

And clearly in a more positive environment under Bevo he may be more willing to accept the challenges. But that is just pure speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would anyone have fact? I never believed Griff was unhappy when i was hearing it...turns out it was true.

One other thing ive heard is Stringer had a lot to say about Macca when s**t hit the fan and was one of the more vocal players about the situation

Surely it defeats the purpose of signing a year one deal months ago to resign before seeing how the team goes. Won't be seeing him resign unless we improve or show good signs, and that'd be towards the end of the season

Now lock down Wood.

Great news really need to sign up Roughead Talia Wallis Redpath and Roberts now

What have Talia, Redpath and Roberts done to warrant us chasing their signature??

Good news on Dahl, was keen to keep him. If he can improve his kicking he will be elite.

What have Talia, Redpath and Roberts done to warrant us chasing their signature??

Good news on Dahl, was keen to keep him. If he can improve his kicking he will be elite.

On redpath's pre-season he is well and truly worth another year or two?

Talia and Roberts are basically our only true KPD behind Roughead and Morris need at least one on our list next year, thought Talia's career to date is worthy of further development, should have been playing last season but that's off topic.

It's smart list management to sign so of these guys early before their price goes up or before other clubs get in their ears

Or we leave them and next season have T Boyd as our only KPF and Roughead and an aging Morris as our only KPD we don't have depth on our list in KPP so we need to make sure we have that depth

Redpath keeps this up then I have no problem giving him 2 - 3 year contract extension mid year. Structurally hes arguably the most important player on the list and now he has the fitness and ability to match that importance. He's been mighty impressive this preseason. Need to resign a KPD or two purely for depth alone.

With Dahl its time to move him almost as a permanent midfielder. I argued strongly against this when Macca wanted more midfield time from him last year, particularly when he was needed up forward so badly not to mention his midfield play didn't suit the old game style. But we have seen how important tackling pressure in the midfield is with our new game plan. Create turnovers and our players have capitalised. Forward pressure isn't as important as last year because last year we were always outnumbered so we somehow had to force a stoppage in the forward half. This year our forwards are going to have more one on ones, but our mids just have to run both ways this year and close space quickly.

Pressure in the mids will allow our interceptors to catch and handball to our quality ball users (which we could do with a couple more in the back half) to bisect opposition zones.

Was my first thought when I saw he re-signed! Yes, House_of_Dahl can keep his username! :p

Good to see the focus on the big issues on the Dogs board !! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back