Jack Steven signs for 5!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if we could, we would have Goddard back at the club in a heartbeat. I reckon we wanted to keep him, just not at that price, which is after all what Free Agency is about.
Mmmm I reckon for a rebuilding team pick 13 and freeing up at least 700k of cap space was too tempting to keep a 27 year old around. Our cap was in all sorts back then.

Mmmm I reckon for a rebuilding team pick 13 and freeing up at least 700k of cap space was too tempting to keep a 27 year old around. Our cap was in all sorts back then.
I think if you look at Goddard vs Pick 13, you take Goddard every time. That our caps was in all sorts back then shouldn't affect whether we wanted to keep him or not, it affected whether we could keep him, or not.

I think if you look at Goddard vs Pick 13, you take Goddard every time. That our caps was in all sorts back then shouldn't affect whether we wanted to keep him or not, it affected whether we could keep him, or not.

Just imagine if Goddard had had an extra year on his contract and we got pick 4 for him...

I would've taken pick 13, we had next to no young talent at the time.

But anyway the Goddard thing has been done to death. Let's talk about pinching Sloan in a couple of years!

EDIT: Or maybe not seeing that this is about Steven. Thought it was the trade thread! :/

I would've taken pick 13, we had next to no young talent at the time.

But anyway the Goddard thing has been done to death. Let's talk about pinching Sloan in a couple of years!

EDIT: Or maybe not seeing that this is about Steven. Thought it was the trade thread! :/
Trade Steven

Good to see that people who "know" what a player is paid getting said player's permission to post in a public forum.

I'm sure Jack would have no problem having his private affairs blurted out for all and sundry to see.
Yeah i kind of agree with you mate:thumbsu:
Always makes me raise an eyebrow when somebody has 'insider info' and is happy to put it on the public forum.
Yet the same people probably complain about the clubs having leakso_O

I think if we could, we would have Goddard back at the club in a heartbeat. I reckon we wanted to keep him, just not at that price, which is after all what Free Agency is about.

Goddard to return in 2017.

31 year old to play quarter back role & help develop youngsters.

Let's make it happen

Didn't we on trade his pick? Pick 13?

Who were we freeing up cap space for?

5 years of Goddard is easily worth pick 13... He has already been Captain and Best and Fairest. He's a rolls Royce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the past few years snake

Would it be reasonable to say that if we were to run a commentary on our performance... Objectively

There'd be more negative than positive.

I also post positively when I believe a good thing has happened.

My negative posts get highlighted, because they are not popular.... That simple.

I assume you're having a dig at me . I know what he has been paid , hence why I posted an exact figure. Whether you want to believe it or not, that's your prerogative but don't assume it's a uninformed opinion

From 45, I quoted the post I was replying too, which clearly was not yours.

I'm honestly really surprised people are questioning the club for signing up Jack @ 700k a year.

I think some people wanted him to go in FA so are a bit dirty on him staying.

This bloke is our best midfielder, in the right age bracket for our rebuild and has something we really lack - pace in the midfield.

He isn't a great kick, but I think it's unfair to simply give him DE% considering he gets a lot of his touches in contested situations which naturally brings down the number.

Personally, I love him. He works sooooo hard, he wins his own ball, he also gets on the outside and he's creative. Along with this he tackles as good as anyone in our team.

Due to him being effective inside and outside this also makes him very difficult to tag completely out of the game.

He's only played 93 games, and unlike a lot of our midfielders he does kick goals (66 in his career).

No doubt teams would've been playing big moves for him and I'm very happy we've locked him up.

FWIW in the three games so far this season he's averaged 27 touches, 6 marks, 6.4 tackles, 10 contested possessions, 5 inside fifties, 3.3 rebound 50s and 5 clearances.

In 2013 he averaged 27 touches, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 11 contested touches, 4 inside 50s, 1.5 rebound fifties and 5.5 clearances. He also kicked 16 goals and set up another 15.

Admittedly he was using the ball slightly better in 2013 but still very early in the season.

His heat map shows he is seemingly working back a bit harder this year and finding the footy coming out of defence which he wasn't doing as much of in 2013.

All this being said - KICK THE *ing GOAL JACK

I'm honestly really surprised people are questioning the club for signing up Jack @ 700k a year.

I think some people wanted him to go in FA so are a bit dirty on him staying.

This bloke is our best midfielder, in the right age bracket for our rebuild and has something we really lack - pace in the midfield.

He isn't a great kick, but I think it's unfair to simply give him DE% considering he gets a lot of his touches in contested situations which naturally brings down the number.

Personally, I love him. He works sooooo hard, he wins his own ball, he also gets on the outside and he's creative. Along with this he tackles as good as anyone in our team.

Due to him being effective inside and outside this also makes him very difficult to tag completely out of the game.

He's only played 93 games, and unlike a lot of our midfielders he does kick goals (66 in his career).

No doubt teams would've been playing big moves for him and I'm very happy we've locked him up.

FWIW in the three games so far this season he's averaged 27 touches, 6 marks, 6.4 tackles, 10 contested possessions, 5 inside fifties, 3.3 rebound 50s and 5 clearances.

In 2013 he averaged 27 touches, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 11 contested touches, 4 inside 50s, 1.5 rebound fifties and 5.5 clearances. He also kicked 16 goals and set up another 15.

Admittedly he was using the ball slightly better in 2013 but still very early in the season.

His heat map shows he is seemingly working back a bit harder this year and finding the footy coming out of defence which he wasn't doing as much of in 2013.

All this being said - KICK THE ruddy GOAL JACK

Agree:thumbsu:
ive said it b4 but Since bloody Supercoach took over the world i hate how some peeps only rate a player on his percentages %.
If we are going to purely judge a player on % efficiency then i guess Stewie Loewe shouldve been delisted after 5 yrs cos his kicking efficiency was down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back