No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched that AFL 360 montage that was posted a few pages back. I still recall watching that live the night it aired and naively thinking, foolishly believing that it was going to be all over soon. Watching it now it's depressing to know that we'd be missing finals that season, that Hird wouldn't be around the football club for twelve months, that the players would still have the weight of the world firmly on their shoulders for another eighteen months - it's a little eery.

You mean David "I will not fire Dank despite protestations" Evans?

Or was that David "I am interested in AOD" Evans?
If you're going to lay AOD meetings on Evans, then do the same for Hird.

Plus it was The Wep he didn't want to fire.

If you're going to lay AOD meetings on Evans, then do the same for Hird.

Plus it was The Wep he didn't want to fire.
True, thought it was, but then changed it to Dank. Beers talking.

However, Evans ignored advice from his staff. Why? Has never been answered.

Also why did he ask Hird to lie?

Why did he not believe Hird and Doc Reid that fateful night?

Evans cops a lot of unfair heat in my opinion.

He thought he was doing what he thought best for the club and for that I understand some motives. It's just a shame his supposed close friend in Vlad put him in such a difficult place, in the end he chose business over the club and that is more than ok as he has a family he needs to support.

He didn't start the program, he had no say in the program and he did a lot of good for the club when he was in charge. I hope the Evans name doesn't fall away from the club due to some bad blood between selected people.

He was never going to be hard up for cash mate. Hird wanted to stand firm but Evans believed the AFL/ACC had proof without seeing it. He squibbed it big time.

Didn't hear anything from Lane, but I thought I heard Caro say that she thought an appeal was unlikely given ASADA's statement.

I'm not going to link it because it is trash, but it doesn't really touch on any to do with actual evidence and burden of proof, it's mostly hanging s**t on us for the switowski report

He was never going to be hard up for cash mate. Hird wanted to stand firm but Evans believed the AFL/ACC had proof without seeing it. He squibbed it big time.

Evans' mate Vlad sucked him (us) in to take the fall for the rest of the AFL/other 17 Clubs.

True, thought it was, but then changed it to Dank. Beers talking.

However, Evans ignored advice from his staff. Why? Has never been answered.

Also why did he ask Hird to lie?

Why did he not believe Hird and Doc Reid that fateful night?
He wrongly chose to believe Vlad, who had just came from ACC saying the club is about to be shat on.

He got politically strong armed and thought he was doing the right thing for the players. He made a mistake, so did 90% of the club.

All I'm saying is it's unfair to blame him for what happened.

I seriously still have sore cheeks from smiling all day.. got that Hirdy Grin on me.
You guys have made it all the better to make it through this..
We could also call this the Brightest day in alk of Australian sports, couldnt we?
I want to hear "Stand By Hird" chanted loud and proud before every game.

He wrongly chose to believe Vlad, who had just came from ACC saying the club is about to be shat on.

He got politically strong armed and thought he was doing the right thing for the players. He made a mistake, so did 90% of the club.

All I'm saying is it's unfair to blame him for what happened.
Disagree. He chose to believe Vlad the liar over Hirdy and Doc Reid.

He also helped stitch us up with the Ziggy report. Sorry but his sins (intentional or not) where never absolved by him running form the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said, his supposed close friend sold him down the river due to politics. I don't agree with his choice, but I understand his choice.

His wealth has nothing to do with it, his business will always come before the club, deep pockets or not.

Disagree. He chose to believe Vlad the liar over Hirdy and Doc Reid.

He also helped stitch us up with the Ziggy report. Sorry but his sins (intentional or not) where never absolved by him running form the club.
Ok then if we are going to lay blame.

Why the heck did Hird bring Charters in?
Why did he agree to hiring Dank without doing any sort of check?

Everyone at the club is guilty of a heck up. To blame one we must blame them all.

Let's not go down this path, let's just enjoy the fact we are cleared and not start the blame game.

Ok then if we are going to lay blame.

Why the **** did Hird bring Charters in?
Why did he agree to hiring Dank without doing any sort of check?

Everyone at the club is guilty of a **** up. To blame one we must blame them all.

Let's not go down this path, let's just enjoy the fact we are cleared and not start the blame game.
Did Hird bring in Charters? No sarcasm. Where is the proof. Keen to understand.

As for Dank? You mean the guy that Geelong (Bomber) and Gold Coast (AFL) used?

Yeah I would be concerned about getting someone like him.

From Judge Thrawn. :D *like

Bull-*******-s**t.

This is going straight to the CAS.

I am speechless. Absolutely speechless. And ******* fuming.

**** these pieces of s**t.

I hope WADA absolutely destroy them and show up the AFL what a corrupt organisation it is
nick-cage-lol.gif

Humphrey B Bear has had more to say on this saga in recent times than David Evans. Since Evans left he has not spoken publicly or answered calls from investigative journalists. The silence is deafening. Hird has stood by the club and his mates. Evans has been nowhere to be seen.

Did Hird bring in Charters? No sarcasm. Where is the proof. Keen to understand.

As for Dank? You mean the guy that Geelong (Bomber) and Gold Coast (AFL) used?

Yeah I would be concerned about getting someone like him.
Actually The Wep used Dank while at Geelong. Never on Geelongs books.

Agreed about the GC hypocrisy in regards to Wep, being an AFL owned club has its benefits.

Hird met with Charters and Dank up on the Gold Coast to discuss supps back at the beginning. He used him as a player so obviously was ok with it, but the guy is a convicted smuggler ffs. Where did he assume the drugs were coming from?

Humphrey B Bear has had more to say on this saga in recent times than David Evans. Since Evans left he has not spoken publicly or answered calls from investigative journalists. The silence is deafening. Hird has stood by the club and his mates. Evans has been nowhere to be seen.
No one has spoken publicly about what went on FFS.

Are we really pinning this on Evans? REALLY?

Get some god damn ******* perspective people.

Actually The Wep used Dank while at Geelong. Never on Geelongs books.

Agreed about the GC hypocrisy in regards to Wep, being an AFL owned club has its benefits.

Hird met with Charters and Dank up on the Gold Coast to discuss supps back at the beginning. He used him as a player so obviously was ok with it, but the guy is a convicted smuggler ffs. Where did he assume the drugs were coming from?
But did he or Dank bring Charters into mix?

Hird as with other high profile players used Charters. It definitely was a mistake to involve him and clearly was unacceptable given his behaviour.

As I said, his supposed close friend sold him down the river due to politics. I don't agree with his choice, but I understand his choice.

Don't disagree with any of that.

His wealth has nothing to do with it, his business will always come before the club, deep pockets or not.

You said he made that choice because "he has a family he needs to support". All I was saying was that his family would have been supported regardless of his decision. I think he chose poorly, which we agree on. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back