Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

You can kill a man but you can't kill an idea...........

You're not dealing with men, the 'family' does not consist of people. It consists of institutions. 40 years ago there was people shredding evidence, today there is different people doing the same thing. People who have no ties with the names spoken about here. There not protecting individuals, their protecting a system designed to protect itself. That is the family.
well said

Does just sound like a mish-mash of random types that were probably only linked by sexual preference/obscurities and possibly drugs.

The idea that there's some high-profile, high-society "machine" perpetually committing and covering up such crimes probably makes the story a bit sexier and more palatable ("It's not us, it's them!") for the average Adelaidian, but I don't really buy it.
random types usaually sexual and drug encounters is how most criminal orginazations form its really not so dificult to concieve is it?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-...ldren-in-state-care-into-prostitution/5313632

Its been 3 decades since it started to become common knowledge this goes on in Adelaide. It's disgusting a stain our nation that it's still happening. How can you work as police officer or welfare officer, even in the courts with the knowledge your handing kids over to pedophiles? Even the psychiatrists would cover this up.

Unless of course its "family" your giving them to? Theres guys in their 60's in South Australia. Victims of this from the 60''s and 70's.This must be horrible reading for them.
i mean i read this stuff and im like man is this a flippin dream? From what I gather the police (im not sure what yall call your police) know whos involved and do nothing one man is sitting in prison is protecting his friends and probably lovers, The Dr. is still practicing on children supervised or not( still i mean really?) and they know he prescribed the drugs and we still have people saying there is no cover up are these people blind?!

still have people saying there is no cover up are these people blind?!

Family look after family. You don't sack premiers over homeless ophans on heroin. Thats what familys for, watch each others back.
The only reason that one is sitting in gaol getting paid requests for paintings, is he saw something he had to have (Kelvin). But that boy had contacts. Something had to be done.

Look at the body in barrels murders, cops turned a blind eye until someone with contacts started asking questions.

Family look after family. You don't sack premiers over homeless ophans on heroin. Thats what familys for, watch each others back.
The only reason that one is sitting in gaol getting paid requests for paintings, is he saw something he had to have (Kelvin). But that boy had contacts. Something had to be done.

Look at the body in barrels murders, cops turned a blind eye until someone with contacts started asking questions.
exactly

The Duncan drowning is an interesting one... I have talked to Mick O'Shea ... and yes a very interesting story...
it most defintely grabbed my attention at work all day i read unsolved cases and this one really strikes me im even thinking on planning a trip to ausssie land to come do some searching for myself ;)

has anyone ever questioned if Dr. George E Reardon was the other Dr. ? I can not seem to find anything substancial that would prove it.......

When Duncan was knocked off coppers hit Hindley street targeting all the male prostitutes living off the street. Made life hard for them for quite sometime. This is a can of worms? Why was the police doing this when it was reported as a gay bashing? The police weren't concerned about the male hookers, they were harassing them.

http://netk.net.au/SA/SA35.asp

Mother Goose, however, tells a different story. A bespectacled 56-year-old bookmaker, he lives alone in the house he inherited from his family. When approached by The Weekend Australian he admitted that he had been a frequenter of Veale Gardens and other sex beats in the Parklands ringing Adelaide's CBD since 1973

The Weekend Australian understands Mullighan had further contact with the police about reviving the investigation into Mother Goose last year(2008), resulting in another approach by detectives to Shannon. That approach was rejected by Shannon, according to Harrison. Shannon disputed the police account, saying: "The only thing they have been interested in is shutting the case down." While conceding he was "not the ideal witness in some respects", Shannon said he had a clear recollection of what happened to him on the night of his alleged rape in 1984, after he met Mother Goose in Veale Gardens. He was 15 at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tall bloke, distinguished, immaculately dressed in suits. Visited orphanages taking young boys out for the day. Frequented premises on North terrace specifically for this purpose. Any one got any ideas? I have a last name. Mullighan was surprised when he heard it. Knows him.

Suspect with the business in Melbourne street, looks like owned a business in the parade was a cafe, just down from Charlton snooker shop. Cafe was gay pick up. A hive of scum and villany, meet up point for the gang.

Tall bloke, distinguished, immaculately dressed in suits. Visited orphanages taking young boys out for the day. Frequented premises on North terrace specifically for this purpose. Any one got any ideas? I have a last name. Mullighan was surprised when he heard it. Knows him.

Suspect with the business in Melbourne street, looks like owned a business in the parade was a cafe, just down from Charlton snooker shop. Cafe was gay pick up. A hive of scum and villany, meet up point for the gang.
Marshall?

I've googled the name, it's much like bray, goes back along way in this state. But can't work out the individual.

What i do know is alot of young boys don't like seeing those lifts with the sliding doors, those old style ones. Even though they were drugged off their head when taken to that premises on north terrace, they remember that door.

This sought of thing,but the ones with two parts that locks in the middle.

maxresdefault.jpg

The guy I mentioned a few posts back is not Bray. Brays behaviors are well known, so are the reasons to his appointment.

Last edited:
You can kill a man but you can't kill an idea...........

You're not dealing with men, the 'family' does not consist of people. It consists of institutions. 40 years ago there was people shredding evidence, today there is different people doing the same thing. People who have no ties with the names spoken about here. There not protecting individuals, their protecting a system designed to protect itself. That is the family.
I am awake now :eek:

I wasn't aware of these murders until yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the CI documentary and reading up a bit more about them. Very interesting indeed, and it made me think of the Bodies in the Barrels involving Bunting and Wagner 15 years later.

https://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets...ations-of-sexual-abuse-Institutional-care.pdf

Scroll down to the section on Glandore boys home and read some of the evidence that was given at the mulligan inquiry. This evidence has been heavily censored and even fiddled by the time it reached publication. One music teacher use to rape boys and make them have sex with others, they deliberately leave out his position at the home and refer to him as a staff member. But if you read closely one boy was fostered out in school holidays and such was the extent of his injuries, that foster dad did a lot of damage. The foster dad wasn't to know how many had been there before. This foster families records have disappeared, so no one knows who it was, except the boy. The boy ended up getting ECT at 16. Thats a fair bit power there, whoever did that? This is the family.

Anyway, you'll also read the evidence of the sharp dressed man, visiting on weekends and taking individual boys on excursions. The family also pretend they don't know who that is, but they do. I know his name, I do believe that some of the serious researchers into the family killings will of heard it, especially amongst those that would meet at an infamous Norwood cafe.

Coppers know who these people are and let them live a normal life, protect their family by doing so and the family. Ask some of these victims about how police treat them, PIGS

I don't know how I missed these crimes in the past but came across the wikipedia entry for "the family murders" literally last week while doing a uni assignment and was left wondering if there was more info on suspects, etc and if we'd ever find out more/properly solve this. Some hard work has been put into this thread - a lot more reading for me.

https://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets...ations-of-sexual-abuse-Institutional-care.pdf

Scroll down to the section on Glandore boys home and read some of the evidence that was given at the mulligan inquiry. This evidence has been heavily censored and even fiddled by the time it reached publication. One music teacher use to rape boys and make them have sex with others, they deliberately leave out his position at the home and refer to him as a staff member. But if you read closely one boy was fostered out in school holidays and such was the extent of his injuries, that foster dad did a lot of damage. The foster dad wasn't to know how many had been there before. This foster families records have disappeared, so no one knows who it was, except the boy. The boy ended up getting ECT at 16. Thats a fair bit power there, whoever did that? This is the family.

Anyway, you'll also read the evidence of the sharp dressed man, visiting on weekends and taking individual boys on excursions. The family also pretend they don't know who that is, but they do. I know his name, I do believe that some of the serious researchers into the family killings will of heard it, especially amongst those that would meet at an infamous Norwood cafe.

Coppers know who these people are and let them live a normal life, protect their family by doing so and the family. Ask some of these victims about how police treat them, PIGS

Is he a person that a non-SA person would know? As in, in the public eye at all? Or just a well-connected business type man?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back