Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of commentators are already saying it's Heeney's rising star award.

A tad early and I doubt Heeney has a body that can play like that for 23 rounds.

I'm calling it Kmacs, those commentators just dribble sh*t!

A tad early and I doubt Heeney has a body that can play like that for 23 rounds.

In posting this I'm not saying Supercoach is the be all and end all, I'm just trying to quantify it somehow
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2015&rt=RT&st=SU

Heeney, Saad, McIntosh would be the ones competing for it right now, only 1 of those has a nomination

Really keen to see more of Hartung, need to get games into him. Thought he did more than enough to warrant his spot and had Heeney not kicked 4, Billy would have been right in the frame for a nom. Amasses and stands out, can kick goals...what's not to like? I'll take him to start this weekend, not as sub, and if that's the way his named, $81 rising star can come at me. (Heeney want get time in middle, relying on kicking bags, albeit he's off to a mighty start)

Really keen to see more of Hartung, need to get games into him. Thought he did more than enough to warrant his spot and had Heeney not kicked 4, Billy would have been right in the frame for a nom. Amasses and stands out, can kick goals...what's not to like? I'll take him to start this weekend, not as sub, and if that's the way his named, $81 rising star can come at me. (Heeney want get time in middle, relying on kicking bags, albeit he's off to a mighty start)
Awesome man!

Apparently over the past few seasons the rising star winner has been nominated in the first 5 rounds.

Kmac is looking fantastic, however Henney is just unbelievable for a first year player! Granted its 3 rounds in but geez if this kid keeps improving he could be anything

Apparently over the past few seasons the rising star winner has been nominated in the first 5 rounds.

Heeney will win it in a canter.

But McIntosh is a fantastic talent. Will be a place getter.

Just that talents like Heeney come around very rarely. The kid is a freak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney will win it in a canter.

But McIntosh is a fantastic talent. Will be a place getter.

Just that talents like Heeney come around very rarely. The kid is a freak.
Yeah he will get the nom this round and be hard to beat. Would Heeney have gone pick 1 if he wasn't in Sydneys academy?

Yeah he will get the nom this round and be hard to beat. Would Heeney have gone pick 1 if he wasn't in Sydneys academy?

Number 1 maybe, hard to envision what clubs would do. St kilda wanted a tall I think. I had him in my top 3 thats for sure.

I think he will have the better career than McCartin and the two dees lads.

Good to see this journo actually watches games before making comment :rolleyes:

"ON THE BLOCK: Not many candidates here but if someone has to make way Sam Lloyd is in the most danger after starting as the sub. Nathan Gordon and Kamdyn McIntosh are others around the fringe who might be a little nervous. Chris Knights is a certain omission after yet another injury — let’s hope this one isn’t too serious."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ub-after-round-3/story-e6frf3e3-1227311805606

Good to see this journo actually watches games before making comment :rolleyes:

"ON THE BLOCK: Not many candidates here but if someone has to make way Sam Lloyd is in the most danger after starting as the sub. Nathan Gordon and Kamdyn McIntosh are others around the fringe who might be a little nervous. Chris Knights is a certain omission after yet another injury — let’s hope this one isn’t too serious."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ub-after-round-3/story-e6frf3e3-1227311805606
I think he just picked the 3 players with the least experience. Only conceivable explanation.

On what basis? The fact that he has a Y in his first name? Do these guys seriously get paid to write this stuff?

You have to wonder don't you?

Oh, and if you've missed it, Miles is out too...

Presentation1.jpg

Conspiracy theory: The AFL wont want Heeney to win because it will draw to much attention to the acadameys. Therefore KMac will win.
Counter conspiracy theory: Heeney was AIS and KMac wasn't. Therefore KMac isn't allowed to win ;)

I watched a replay of McIntosh's debut against the Cheats last night. Phenomenal game. Deserved Brownlow votes.

I was at the ground, so hadn't heard the commentators thoughts before last night. They actually noticed him and were singing his praises.

Not as much as Judd, who was "just about to rip the game open" half way through the 2nd quarter... They also failed to notice that McIntosh flogged Judd, one-on-one, half a dozen times. I know his old, broken and just not much good anymore, but beating Judd comprehensively in your first game must feel pretty bloody good, for a young man from Pinjarra.

It'll go to Heeney because Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back