moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
The purpose of this thread is to discuss which un-loved or underrated albums from great artists you love.

Ill start off with Pink Floyd's Division Bell. Whilst this album did not receive the critical claim and attention as albums such as Darkside of the Moon, Wish you were here and The Wall (and received a teppid response from critics at release), I am a big fan of the Division Bell, particularly the tracks "Wearing the inside out", "Take it back", "Keep Talking" and "High Hopes".

Pink_Floyd_-_Division_Bell.jpg

Post your underrated gems here.

Not an album but a song from Pink Floyd. On The Turning Away

Off the album A Momentary Lapse of Reason which was by and large pretty ordinary to be honest. But that song is pure brilliance. It's a shame it doesn't get the recognition it should.

Not an album but a song from Pink Floyd. On The Turning Away

Off the album A Momentary Lapse of Reason which was by and large pretty ordinary to be honest. But that song is pure brilliance. It's a shame it doesn't get the recognition it should.

Totally get this man.

I'm not a massive Floyd fan but this song is amazing.

I think A Saucerful of Secrets is a sublime album, it's certainly the most overlooked from Pink Floyd.

Bedtime Stories and Erotica are my favourite Madonna albums.

Suck it and See is my favourite from the Arctic Monkeys. The grower Humbug is similarly underrated.

A lot of albums also suffer critically and/or popularly (at least initially) due to a style change, more controversial subject matter, and/or from merely falling on the wrong side of an emerging attention-hogging zeitgeist music trend.

Three debut albums from the mid to late 70's that I think are greatly under appreciated.

Blondie - Blondie
l_0c9708fdc42a081c378904cbda440d26.jpg

Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Scream
Siouxsie_And_The_Banshees_-_The_Scream.jpg

Devo - Q: Are We Not Men A: We Are Devo
51oq1f3VDuL.jpg

I think A Saucerful of Secrets is a sublime album, it's certainly the most overlooked from Pink Floyd.

Bedtime Stories and Erotica are my favourite Madonna albums.

Suck it and See is my favourite from the Arctic Monkeys. The grower Humbug is similarly underrated.

A lot of albums also suffer critically and/or popularly (at least initially) due to a style change, more controversial subject matter, and/or from merely falling on the wrong side of an emerging attention-hogging zeitgeist music trend.

I still think that is the best album she ever made,so underrated both then and now.

Three debut albums from the mid to late 70's that I think are greatly under appreciated.

Blondie - Blondie
l_0c9708fdc42a081c378904cbda440d26.jpg

One of the great debut albums of all time, it was a hit here before anywhere else (mainly UK and Europe). It's rated pretty strongly still though among music press media (both printed and online).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fleetwood Mac - Tango in the Night

While selling very well its seems to have been forgotten as time goes on when people talk about their career, it has some great songs like 'little lies', 'big love' and 'everywhere' but what makes it an enjoyable listen as a whole is the lesser known songs in 'mystified', 'family man' and 'isn't it midnight'.

Agreed, I'll always have a soft spot for that album, and a lot of my most played Mac tracks come from that album (as well as their early blues rock). I'm no real big expert on the Mac though, only have the GH and a few scattered albums.

The two post Layne Albums from Alice in Chains, 'Black Gives Way to Blue' and 'The Devil put Dinosaurs here.' More than just hold their own amongst AIC albumd

Also Hot Sauce Commitee part 2 from the Beastie Boys and Accelerate from REM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back