Autopsy ROFL Brisbane Beggars, Dayne Beams and the Untouchables

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the Carlton Brisso game this week. How good is it knowing that who ever loses your going to have a great big laugh at. If only I could decide which one I want to lose more. Brisbanes Shiteness is giving me so much joy at the moment. What a flog club. It's been said a million times but isn't Karma a great thing.

Why does the AFL bother with QLD?

Three of the Gold Coast's young players have been banned for getting on the piss and it does not even rate a mention on the Gold Coast BF board. This is reflective of the total apathy that people in that state have for AFL. It is a complete waste of time trying to manufacture something that will never be popular.

These things take time.

Think of the kids who developed an interest for AFL and picked Brisbane as their team off the back of their Grand Finals ...

... Many kids develop those interests and make those decisions when they're around 6 or 7 years old ...

... Those kids would now be around 20 years old today ...

... The kids that have gone to uni still haven't haven't entered the workforce yet and very few would be at the stage of buying memberships.

Was it my imagination or did anyone else notice Beams was not running at ALL off the ball?

He'd give off a handball and just stop. He's in full CBF mode. Collingwood don't get many players back after they leave (have we ever?) but Beams could be the first.
Bill Picken, Mark Orchard and Chris Tarrant are 3 that come to mind.

Looking forward to the Carlton Brisso game this week. How good is it knowing that who ever loses your going to have a great big laugh at. If only I could decide which one I want to lose more. Brisbanes Shiteness is giving me so much joy at the moment. What a flog club. It's been said a million times but isn't Karma a great thing.
I'm interested in seeing the result, but there is no way I'll sit down and watch the game. The only interest I have is how Cripps scores in Supercoach

Leppa did a no show without notice at his fellow premiership teammate's wedding, that's all you need to know that he's a s**t bloke.
Berating and grabbing a rookie when no one else is around is just confirmation.

Leppa did a no show without notice at his fellow premiership teammate's wedding, that's all you need to know that he's a s**t bloke.
Berating and grabbing a rookie when no one else is around is just confirmation.
Any reason?

IF we have people doing what Collingwood fans are currently doing in the thread I mentioned then I would suggest reporting them. Thats what the button is there for. I knew it was going to be a reach to get anyone to take notice of my original post, but at least take on board the report function for anyone troll liking on your forums.
Why on earth would anyone anywhere on any topic on any forum on any board give a flying burrito if an opposition supporter "liked" a negative post? How f**king overly sensitive could a human being be? You suggest "troll likers" should be reported?? This is the Collingwood forum - not the Carlton forum or the Brisbane "we like to stir the off season pot but develop a 4 year old's attitude when reminded of it 0 wins from 5 games into the season" forum - if Brisbane supporters feel the need to like a post, any post, they can click away to their heart's content - Collingwood are and always have been a community minded club so we're happy to provide a therapeutic avenue for Lions supporters who would obviously struggle to find anything to like on the Brisbane board.

I'm hoping it will be a historic match that, for the first time, sees both teams losing. I'm confident they can find a way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, this thread continues to deliver.

bruce-delish-628.gif

if you like a punt, bears are paying $3.00 at the tab

Id politely recommend NOT posting there at all.
You're welcome here:)
BROKEBACK BEARS are sponsored by;

View attachment 131092

I work for Centrelink (DHS), and if I found they where involved in the giving any football team money, I'd withdraw my labour - I'm one of 11 people in the world who can do what I do, and $100k is not enough if they spend money on s**t like the Lions!

Seriously, Lions supporters (if you can find them) are the worst to talk to. I have a cousin who grew up barracking for Fitzroy, and then Brisbane. I was happy for him when they beat Essendon in '01. I wasn't even that upset in '02 when we were robbed, because hi team had been so s**t for so long, it was nice that he got to experience some sustained success...

After '03 though... Jesus Christ... He and his family just became unbearable. Even the last couple of years when they were s**t as anything, they would get a win and he'd post a goddamn essay on Facebook about why the Lions were up and coming, and how they had such an awesome young list. He even wrote one when the Lions beat our fricken VFL team with no bench last year...

Funnily enough, I haven't seen one footy related post from him yet this season though....
I totally know where you're coming from! I know of this family, who for at least the last 15 years have sat front row of the cheersquad at Victorian games. They used to keep the banner at their house when it was ready and then load it into a trailer and take it to the ground. Their house was and probably still is decked out in Brisbane memorabilia. By far the most passionate Brisbane supporters I know, and it cut me deep when we lost those two grandfinals, because they never let me hear the end of it. Anywho, I remember a day when I was probably 15 years old, my dad broke his ankle at a local footy game and got taken to hospital. He was my ride home, so the mother of this family gave me a lift to the hospital but made me go topless in her car because she wouldn't allow me to wear my Collingwood jumper in her car lol.

But now, I hardly hear a thing from them. Same deal about facebook, they're all quick on the status when they manage a win, but for the other 80% of the season they're unsighted and unheard.

Last edited:
I have a similar story re Brisbane supporting relations. They were unbearable during the dominant years. Just hideous. Thought it would go on forever. Although they did get me a ticket for the 2002 GF (amongst Brisbane members:cry:), which was nice of them. However, the experience was so scary it drove me to become a paid up member of the Pies, so I could buy my own ticket for the following year's GF. And then the world fell apart...

Anyway, you bearly hear a peep out of them nowadays, hardly a whisper. Truth is, they dont know what its like to support a club through good times and bad. Always filters out the true believers from the bandwaggoners.

You guys and your stories of Bears supporters...

I was born and raised into a Collingwood supporting family in Queensland. My father had a Bears membership (an actual Bears membership, pre-Lions days) so that we could go and see games, mainly for Collingwood, but also just for footy.

Geez, the things we've encountered. I don't even know where to start.

As a quick example. I was mistreated in the workplace by my boss who was a Lions supporter. When I was 11 and on the field after a game, I was kicking with dad and some bloke thought it would be funny to take a hanger on me - all 35kg of me. Just last year on Anzac day, I was down at the game in Melbourne and at quarter time I had a post on my facebook just saying "hahahahahaha" - it was good to win that one.

They don't get football, they never have. Here's the reason, remember this and bring it out whenever you need an explanation.

They're all rugby converts and misfits. Misfits in the sense that they probably grew up never following ANY sport let alone a complex masterpiece like ours, but when Brisbane got a team it was "hey, I'll be part of something here". They are part of something. A stain on the game.

The best we can do is just to let them do their thing and take no notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back