AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Glbn over coota by 20ish
Courageous win by the swans. Having lead for much of the match we battled in the final stages with their skills/fitness. We would have been in more strife had Goulburn kicked straight. Brilliant conditions for footy in front of a large crowd for ladies day. Any news on the shoulder injury to your player near the final siren?

Courageous win by the swans. Having lead for much of the match we battled in the final stages with their skills/fitness. We would have been in more strife had Goulburn kicked straight. Brilliant conditions for footy in front of a large crowd for ladies day. Any news on the shoulder injury to your player near the final siren?
Thanks mate, gone for the year. Might teach him a lesson on his tackling technique

Would you call it three upsets in regional? Yass get their first win by a huge margin, Goulburn winning in Coota and Cooma beating Tuggeranong. Any thing could happen this weekend.

Would you call it three upsets in regional? Yass get their first win by a huge margin, Goulburn winning in Coota and Cooma beating Tuggeranong. Any thing could happen this weekend.
Yass were always going to take a few games to find there feet . Cooma is a better side than people think ,Just had huge injury list .And Goulburn always needed Heath to play to gel the side . So yes anything could happen this weekend .

I'm not sure what happened there, I'll find out at training tonight. When I saw the team I was surprised there were a few teams with no players.

Not one Goulburn player in the training squad for regional rep side. Interesting !!!!

Any idea what's going on with the naming of the players for the rep team here, Southcab? Few of the boys found it quite amusing, without knowing exactly what it was all about...

31. Adam Forth is Back (Yass)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not one Goulburn player in the training squad for regional rep side. Interesting !!!!

Just got an answer - The top few players that were thought to have pushed for selection mostly work weekends around footy, the long weekend isn't something they wanted to give up. The club approached them and they declined.

Just personally - If Ramez couldn't make the rep team last year then it probably made a few guys think they wouldn't have a chance to make it. (I'm aware it's a different set up this year)

Any idea what's going on with the naming of the players for the rep team here, Southcab? Few of the boys found it quite amusing, without knowing exactly what it was all about...

31. Adam Forth is Back (Yass)
Had to laugh at that myself mate. Its his second year at AFL so he,s not back from anywhere . But his name is Adam forth .

Just got an answer - The top few players that were thought to have pushed for selection mostly work weekends around footy, the long weekend isn't something they wanted to give up. The club approached them and they declined.

Just personally - If Ramez couldn't make the rep team last year then it probably made a few guys think they wouldn't have a chance to make it. (I'm aware it's a different set up this year)
The inter league format last year was aimed solely around those higher grades with the exception of Ramez, Rusty and Glenn Currie. These guys made the initial squad. I don't no if all clubs were approached but Cootas top 6 last year would have given it a decent crack. It's a shame that Goulburn isn't sending players this year. Some fine talents in its squad. I see the Farrer League are playing this coming weekend in Wagga as opposed to the normal queens bday weekend

The inter league format last year was aimed solely around those higher grades with the exception of Ramez, Rusty and Glenn Currie. These guys made the initial squad. I don't no if all clubs were approached but Cootas top 6 last year would have given it a decent crack. It's a shame that Goulburn isn't sending players this year. Some fine talents in its squad. I see the Farrer League are playing this coming weekend in Wagga as opposed to the normal queens bday weekend
My understanding isn't that Goulburn haven't sent players, it's that the top 6-7 players asked weren't interested in playing.

Good wins by Cooma ,Goulburn and Coota Cooma over Ainslie by 41.Goulburn over Tuggers by 96 And Coota over Yass by 13.So looking like Goulburn is the team to beat so far .....

Good wins by Cooma ,Goulburn and Coota Cooma over Ainslie by 41.Goulburn over Tuggers by 96 And Coota over Yass by 13.So looking like Goulburn is the team to beat so far .....
Cooma look like they are starting to get a few back. Sitting nicely in 3rd considering half there team have been out for the first part of the year. Should be a good matchup this weekend against Goulburn.
Yass are obviously coming good Cab. I didn't get out to watch unfortunately but if you go by shots you'd say Yass should of won?
I think the comp is really even. Not sure if I'd put Goulburn as favourites just yet

Like it's been said before, you don't know who's going to win each game. Much better than previous years where you turned up (some weeks) to a game and both sides knew what was going to happen.

Travel is the thing that will most likely affect us with some blokes unable to get 2 hours away for footy and then back with work etc.

Looking forward to a much different game this week against the cats than last time we played them.

Looks like it was a pretty tough weekend for the Jets against Belconnen, wow.

Good to see that bloke from Coota last year playing 1s for Belco though. Certainly seems to have put on a bit of size from last year when I saw him play 2s v Ainslie a couple of weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back