FTA-TV Daredevil

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished the season. ******* epic! Started off a little slow in the pilot, but from Ep 2 onwards (with his dad's backstory then the hallway fight at the end) the show just kept getting better. The fight scenes with Nobu in Ep 9 and the finale fight with Fisk were two of the best fights I've ever seen in a tv show. All the side stories (the Karen and Ben one in particular) kept me engaged, and there's still so much more to explore (especially with the fallout of what Karen did in Ep 11. Considering how foggy and Matt are so against killing, that will no doubt spiral out of control at some point). I'm also super intrigued with the mythology of Madame Goa and whatever the hell was going on with Sticks at the end of his episode. Bring on season 2!

think the majority of comarisons are against other comic book tv shows like Arrow, not The Wire and Sopranos

Loved it. So far ahead of any other comic based show it's not funny. I'd rank it on a par with anything else netflix has done. I love House of Cards and Orange but found this to be equally enjoyable in a totally different way. Can't believe I didn't realise fisk was the dude from law and order, despite the fact I never watched it, he's pretty recognisable.

Finally got through it. Great show though I wouldn't go as far as saying its the best comic book show on tv (still think The Flash takes that cake) but still extremely good. Fight scenes were in a league of their own and the law and order guy was chilling as Fisk at times, great casting.

I was listening to a podcast with Kevin Smith and one of the producers of Daredevil.

He was explaining the tracking shot in episode 2 was filmed in an old meat factory so the cameras were mounted to the old meat rails so they could slide them up and down and into rooms from the roof without getting in the way

as per the Kev Smith podcast and his interview with one of the producers of Daredevil, the next series they are doing is Jessica Jones, not sure if they'll pick up Daredevil again, but they are gong to do more series on the lesser know "heros" and look at doing cross-overs etc

I believe Daredevil is being produced under someone else now for Season 2. Which is a bit disappointing, hopefully they can maintain the high standards.

Still heavily involved in season 1 and they both come from a decent pedigree

On April 21, 2015, Marvel and Netflix announced that the series had been renewed for a second season, set for release in 2016, with Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez replacing DeKnight as showrunners as well as acting as executive producers; both served as writers in the first season and worked closely with DeKnight and Goddard.[26] Rosario Dawson will reprise her role as Claire Temple.[27]

No way you give up in one of the highest rated tv shows ever, just hope they don't overload it when dd, Luke cage, iron fist, aka Jessica jones and defenders are all going at once if that happens.

If anything they will run dd until at least the defenders then tie off all 4 series with that mini series which would give us 3 or 4 seasons of dd

season 2 sweet......... must of misheard the podcast, was listening at work, though they were getting the other defenders out of the way before doing another DD

season 2 sweet......... must of misheard the podcast, was listening at work, though they were getting the other defenders out of the way before doing another DD

The way i understand it is
2015 daredevil
2016 aka jessica jones and s2 of dd
2017 iron fist and seasons of the other 2 if required
2018 luke cage and more seasons
2019 defenders mini series

The way i understand it is
2015 daredevil
2016 aka jessica jones and s2 of dd
2017 iron fist and seasons of the other 2 if required
2018 luke cage and more seasons
2019 defenders mini series

Sweet ... dont know much about the other Defenders, I only knew DD thru the Ben Afflek movie, but if theyre produced anything like DD then looking forward to it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet ... dont know much about the other Defenders, I only knew DD thru the Ben Afflek movie, but if theyre produced anything like DD then looking forward to it...

Apparently aka jessica Jones will be heaps lighter and less gritty

The only problem I have with the show is Fisk is a bit too emotional (a bit whiny), I prefer Duncan's kingpin from the movie. It looks like D,Onofrio is trying to channel "Private Pyle" before he loses the plot.

The only problem I have with the show is Fisk is a bit too emotional (a bit whiny), I prefer Duncan's kingpin from the movie. It looks like D,Onofrio is trying to channel "Private Pyle" before he loses the plot.
That's the best part of Fisk! He's unlike any other villain I've seen, because he's emotional. Yeah, he's moody, but the show gives you backstory into his life and explains why. There's an emotional connection that you don't get with other villains, and he pulls it off perfectly imo.

That's the best part of Fisk! He's unlike any other villain I've seen, because he's emotional. Yeah, he's moody, but the show gives you backstory into his life and explains why. There's an emotional connection that you don't get with other villains, and he pulls it off perfectly imo.

agree its played so that you almost feel sorry for him in regards to his backstory, and and quietly happy for him when he successfully asks the woman out on a date, he almost had a childlike quality about him

Finally got round to finishing this. Pleasantly surprised, wasn't expecting much from this but its a really good show. It is darker than your average network super hero fare but I wouldn't have minded a bit darker again, kept hoping for him actually kill someone - like just lose his s**t at some stage and throw someone off a roof knowing full well what he was doing, something like that would have been amazing.

Still, very good. Flashbacks were great as was Kingpin, one of Marvel's best villains to date. Usually these guys just kinda exist as functions of the hero but in this we get almost as much character development for the villain as we do the hero, very cool. When you see him struggling to ask art lady out I was like wow this is different.

anyone else gpt sick of Karen towards the end of the show?

Towards the end? From the very start for me. Not just her I guess, moreso scenes with her and Foggy.

the lawyer mate seems to be the only weak link so far, it's like he's on another show

Yep him and Karen definitely the weakest part of the show for me. The attempted comedic stuff with them feels very awkward and just falls flat for me every single time. Get rid of that stuff and give me another flashback with that screen time!

Im gonna miss his original outfit, I kinda liked it.

Ha missus said the same, reckoned his pulled-down beanie looked heaps better

Just getting around to the final ep, wasnt overly keen on how quickly the accountant gave up himself

Or how he came clean and still thought he could use his leverage with the dirty cop to just walk away. Had he not been paying attention to this man's terrifying emotional reactions all season?

So just watched this over the pat 4-5 nights.

Yeah I absolutely loved it, I thought D,Onofrio was a highlight.

Loved the darker undertones that Netflix allowed intertwined with some light stuff (mostly Foggy). Made for good viewing.

Really enjoyed it, looking forward to the 2nd season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back