GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDFL could have ended up playing the BFL but went down rather easily. I read the selectors for GDFL watched every game? Not sure who pulled out but the side wasn't a good reflection of gdfl. There were guys in that team who wouldn't get a game at Inver, North or BPH in my opinion.

Just curious. Is the pinnacle for the GDFL to play interleague against the BFL as I see it mentioned here a lot. I would have thought if both leagues played their very best 22 players from this season then in my opinion the BFL would be clearly too strong. Ammos and Torquay would both easily account for the GDFL's best in Bell Post or Nth Geelong and although only a preseason game another contender in Inverleigh lost comfortably to Portarlington who have massively improved but still off the top teams. I suppose it's a good topic af debate but it looks like for both leagues it may be a way off.

Who played well? Who got BOG? How could dean Muir not get a game. He is one of the best players in the comp and he never makes interleague or the Team of the year. Peters is a gun he should walk into the interleague team. Did Wayne Moore need to add anakie players. I wouldn't play parson or Collo. Sorry Leo but fisher shouldn't even be in the team let alone play in the ruck. Fisher hasnt played on any one good yet.
Why not play the youth like Harrison Sauni etc and look to move up the rankings with young players.
On a good not well done to the colts team on having a win.

Who played well? Who got BOG? How could dean Muir not get a game. He is one of the best players in the comp and he never makes interleague or the Team of the year. Peters is a gun he should walk into the interleague team. Did Wayne Moore need to add anakie players. I wouldn't play parson or Collo. Sorry Leo but fisher shouldn't even be in the team let alone play in the ruck. Fisher hasnt played on any one good yet.
Why not play the youth like Harrison Sauni etc and look to move up the rankings with young players.
On a good not well done to the colts team on having a win.

Now c'mon, let's be reasonable. Those Anakie defenders were pivotal in their 180 point loss in their last game. Can't fault that form line, why stop at only a 1/3 of the league backline from Anakie. I say play the whole back 6!

Theres a current coach who has played afl, coached the last 5 grand finals, winning 4. Yet they go for a coaching panel of yester-year.
Bisset, mcdonald, feldman . Its not a great look on the league to be honest.
Alot of players couldnt play but there are alot better players who didnt even get asked.

We all agree that the GDFL interleague team was doomed from the selection table!!
Mullane-Grant absolute liability on the big ground,cant get out of first gear,not his fault,he knows hes on one leg,why dont the selectors ?
Jack Brauman a great young hard as nails in and under,no leg speed.Derek Fitzimmons a warrior no question,but no leg speed.You could go on with another 5-6 with no leg speed.The GDFL should never have played that selected side on that ground,either the should of picked a side with more leg speed,or played at a more suitable ground dimension wise.North Central actually switched the ball across half back and then proceeded to use there leg speed to create withes hats out of our squad.We continually blazed away without any precision through the middle coughing the ball up to the opposition.Who was playing on the Jarred McVeigh look alike - Luke Fisher No.16,did hear he had to attend casualty after the game with leather poisoning! How can you let a guy cut you to pieces over the entire 4 quarters,youve really got to ask the coaching panel.
James Fisher plays for my club and has been dominating at CHB,why then play him as the No.1 ruckman ? Got a corky on the thigh early in the 3rd ,probably due to inexperience positioning himself in the ruck contest,and took no further part.
And the way the bench operated,what were they thinking,they ran Fitzimmons,Whitney and others into the ground in the 3rd quarter by not rotating through the bench,so not only lacking LEG SPEED but drained of any aerobic capacity that was required to run the lines on that huge ground.
Tavi Saunie might be playing for an ordinary side this year,but he has leg speed and endurance,and i only mention his name because hes fresh in my mind from playing Winch last week.Havent seen Durran play this season but on exposed form from Queenscliff a monty.If Burke is good enough to captain Wimmera Interleague,then surely good enough to play for GDFL.Even a couple young boys from my club would of added real leg speed to the squad (Heath Walsh,Mitch Boal,Mikali Harrison).
So we need to learn from this that its horses for courses,if you choose to play on an expansive ground like St Albans,then pick runners.
Otherwise pick the Warriors of the contested footy,but play on a ground that suits that style.
HAVE A PLAN NEXT TIME!
RANT OVER

Spot on. Shot themselves in the foot from the start.

Also agree that the best bfl interleague side would beat the best gdfl interleague side. But i also think that apart from torquay and ammos the best sides of bph, north and i guess should throw in inverleigh would give the bfl a shake.

Spot on. Shot themselves in the foot from the start.

Also agree that the best bfl interleague side would beat the best gdfl interleague side. But i also think that apart from torquay and ammos the best sides of bph, north and i guess should throw in inverleigh would give the bfl a shake.

i noticed that collins and parsons in the best, backmen are continuously under pressure from what is happening up the ground, mids and forwards are the accountable ones, i see the key small forward done nothing , mullane grant on one leg, in 3 to 5 years all the hill guns are gone, start playing up and coming players belmont have a few its not all about your nth geelongs, bell post hills and inverleigh (who have only played 1 decent side in bell post hill who had 9 out) yep that makes them a great side but in saying that blake hutchinson a gun player

i noticed that collins and parsons in the best, backmen are continuously under pressure from what is happening up the ground, mids and forwards are the accountable ones, i see the key small forward done nothing , mullane grant on one leg, in 3 to 5 years all the hill guns are gone, start playing up and coming players belmont have a few its not all about your nth geelongs, bell post hills and inverleigh (who have only played 1 decent side in bell post hill who had 9 out) yep that makes them a great side but in saying that blake hutchinson a gun player
Inverleigh also got over Belmont at Belmont. But you are correct BPH did have a heap of quality out although 9 could be stretching it a bit

Hi guys, I had the camera out at St Albans on Saturday, would very much appreciate if people could tag those that they know in my photos.

Http://www.facebook.com/jsphotog86 is my page, there are plenty of photos from both games of football.

With regards to the game, there are many on the north central side of things who gave themselves zero chance of getting anywhere near close.

I'm being very Conservative, in saying that there would be at least 15 players to come into that side, with availability and injuries depending. Between St Arnaud, Wedderburn and Charlton, I can count 9 top liners at the top of my head.

Sure, it was most likely the same for Geelong district, but that side they put on the park, isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Enough of all this interleague tripe!!!

Lets get back to the real stuff this weekend..

INVERLEIGH V GEELONG WEST (80+ POINTS)

EAST GEELONG V ANAKIE (35 POINTS)

BELL POST HILL V WINCHELSEA (150+ POINTS)

BELMONT LIONS V BANNOCKBURN (40 POINTS)

W/CENTRALS V NORTH GEELONG (100 POINTS)

THOMSON V CORIO (125 POINTS)

Have any clubs started looking into the point system? Leo how many points would belmont have on the park at the moment.
Would many clubs have budgets over $80,000 this season in the GDFL?
I really hope the point system and salary cap work in the GDFL because the gap between the top and bottom is huge.

Have any clubs started looking into the point system? Leo how many points would belmont have on the park at the moment.
Would many clubs have budgets over $80,000 this season in the GDFL?
I really hope the point system and salary cap work in the GDFL because the gap between the top and bottom is huge.
There aren't very many clubs in country Victoria spending less than 80,000... Certainly not many competitive clubs

Im guessing belmont would be high the in points due to the amountof players brought in. Same as east and weribee, thomson.
Bph north inver would all be low though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely agree, I've heard from a few players who go to Interleague training and say the coaches have absolutely no clue and want them to play 70s football. Also they mentioned they say all the time it's about picking the best team and every session. If Holzy, Collins, Mullane Grant and Jones from werribee are in the leagues best 22 then he gdfl will never be any good. I did see that Jake Peters and young Lachie Wright as emergency. Peters probably the most athletic backman in the league and I've heard Lachie is a running machine. Perfect players to play on the ground. But they insist on playing Holsy and Collins. Shocking!!!

Holzy pulled out, Peters played and did f all

bph only had 3 players in the side, naybe if they had a few more in they wouldve got closer. Guys that come to mind are walve, lentini(jet), kelly(jet), lymer, burke(jet) and turner(jet)

i also thought muir, cations and logue stiff from inva

Holzy pulled out, Peters played and did f all
To say peters did F all is very rough. Personally knowing jake, how he didn't make the squad in the first place was a joke, and for a player (holzy) to pull out the morning of an Interleague match shows he couldn't care less about representing the league or Corio for that matter. You cant expect people to play well if they haven't got the chance to prepare themselves accordingly, which i'm sure jake wouldn't have been able to do so seeing he got the call at 10am saturday morning. Feel free to head to belmont to have a look at him, cause he is in some great form for the tiges

Lions should have won by a couple of goals, however gave away 4 fifty metre penaltys gifting Banno easy goals which would otherwise have been shooting from around 50 out, they were also missing 4 or 5 from their best 22, should really test them over the next month now with North and BPH to come but the bigger grounds should suit

2015 season has been a very boring start but the next 4 weeks we get some good games when the top sides play each other and the bottom sides play each other.

Been a while since I've been here, have bannockburn arrived as premiership contenders? Do we believe Thomson will snag 5th over Belmont? Are Inverleigh going to go through the season undefeated? Many questions to be answered. We shall wait and see

So many Belmont flogs on here, how about you's get together at training & just talk s**t there & save writing it on here

I think it would be pretty hard to knock off footyman13 as the biggest Flog on here.

Thankyou voice and sunami, i dont know who footyman is but seriously, what was that statement for, you are up there with all rumour no fact as dead set belmont haters and flogs, I reckon one of you is an east geelong supporter ..... hi scruncher, hows it going down there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back