Retired #31: Dustin Fletcher - Legend & VFL Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Fletcher looks like he could easily play on next year, have him beat Tuck

Even if Fletch did play on, and I don't think he will, 427 games would be a tough call.

He hits 400 this week with 13 rounds remaining and 22 next year = a possible 35 games.

So would have to play 27 of 35.

Even if Fletch did play on, and I don't think he will, 427 games would be a tough call.

He hits 400 this week with 13 rounds remaining and 22 next year = a possible 35 games.

Managed 15 last year and is on pace for ~ 16-19 this year. Looks unlikely he'd make it next year.

Fun dustin fact: Has never had a year of footbally where he played all 22.

Obviously with Essendon right now, it is no sure thing, but it also isn't the biggest stretch to suggest they could play 3 finals between this season and next, which would take the total number of Essendon games to 38 in that period. Playing 3 out of every 4 games in that time would give him another 28, ie the record.

I think it is a long shot, plus the chances are Boomer will pass him before long anyway, but should he go on next season, it isn't inconceivable that he could do it. It'd be ******* brilliant if he did, that is for sure!

What a champion (Port tried to snaffle him in 1997 our first year in the AFL.)

A pity that off field issues in the AFL have distracted the media from this outstanding achievement.

What a champion (Port tried to snaffle him in 1997 our first year in the AFL.)

A pity that off field issues in the AFL have distracted the media from this outstanding achievement.

I think he is more than happy to have a relatively normal week on the track while all the Malthouse stuff runs its course. It'll turn towards him after selections and all the footy shows tomorrow though.

I'd just like to pass on my congratulations to Dustin Fletcher on the 400 game milestone :thumbsu:, a remarkable achievement at his age to still be playing at the top level while maintaining his skill level, hunger and commitment , pretty amazing when you consider how many players struggle to reach 300 and have to be nursed through or gifted games to reach milestones.

The best thing about Fletch is throughout his career he has remained the same friendly, laidback , professional and loyal man who walked into Essendon with a school bag and packed lunch;)

Well done Dustin, you're a credit to yourself , your club and family:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the most cut rate ad for his 400th game, has him going to the 400 club with Tuck and Bartlett there. Couldn't even get the regular Channel 7 Ad voice guy.

Lets just take a step back and really appreciate the enormity of what this fella has done and been through for our club.

A son of a gun that turned legend.

Words can't express it. 90,000 on Saturday night for just him won't express it.

And then you throw in the humility of the man. just a legend.

747815-ecf8249e-0430-11e5-a51d-261bba26395a.jpg

Happy 400th Fletch and welcome to the Club

The club has released a lot of merchandise for Fletcher's 400th.
Definitely worth checking it out everything from stubby holders to wine to limited edition prints.

To commemorate his 400th, it feels fitting to unearth the Kraken and revisit this, possibly still the worst thing that I have ever seen.

Oh wow. I admit that I'd never seen this... I wish that was still the case :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back