Aquarius

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw the first episode of this last night. It's a series based on Charles Manson with David Duchovney playing an LA detective starting in 1967.

Great job capturing the late 60s LA scene and loved the soundtrack.

Quite impressed with the opening episode and look forward to getting into the whole series.

Last edited:

Is this the thing they were pumping in the Presto ads during the footy last night? If so it did look like it could be interesting from the trailers
Probably - I didn't watch the game last night but I believe that the whole season was dropped at once on Presto.

Probably - I didn't watch the game last night but I believe that the whole season was dropped at once on Presto.

Yeah I reckon it was. Still though, can't really sign up to Presto, even for the 30 day free trial on principal alone :p
Might have to wait for a different means or opportunity to watch on this one I think

Yeah I reckon it was. Still though, can't really sign up to Presto, even for the 30 day free trial on principal alone
Might have to wait for a different means or opportunity to watch on this one I think
Same but when I fired up my kodi TV stuff last night it was there to stream.

So is this show any good?

Average.

It looks good and all. But the writing is patchy. And it lacks a compelling idea to seperate it from the standard network stuff.

And Duchnovy plays Duchnovy. He's got about three expressions - as per normal - and just smiles his way through.

Something like Bosch is far superior to this.

Thanks for the heads up, will give it a miss then.

Watching the final episode it struck me about what feels off about the show. I couldn't put my finger on it until then.

Duchovony is totally unbelievable placed in that era. If they revealed in the final episode he was actually from the future - kind of like a reverse Life on Mars - and he was hacking away being a cop almost 50 years earlier, I'd go, "ok that's lame, but it explains why he just doesn;t fit".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back