Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously could watch Daniel Wells play kick to kick all day.
I'm sure Steve Saunders is smarter at medicine than me but if his achilles is inflamed and won't settle and he's indefinite then why is he doing kicking drills and not keeping off it via non-load bearing work - is this not likely to cause a vicious cycle of irritation?

I'm sure Steve Saunders is smarter at medicine than me but if his achilles is inflamed and won't settle and he's indefinite then why is he doing kicking drills and not keeping off it via non-load bearing work - is this not likely to cause a vicious cycle of irritation?

I dare say he is past that point. He looked to be in no discomfort at all. Isn't it all about gradually increasing the load on it?

Aaaaand back.

Not really much to tell. Pulled the pin when it looked like the rain was going to set in. The usual tackling and end-to-end drills, and they would have been moving onto game sim around about the time I left. No unexpected green don't-touch-me vests, everyone out on the track as expected, Wells and Dal both looking comfortable in their rehab.

I've given up guessing who's going to be picked based on blue vs white tops, but I will say a few who have been mentioned lately as possible outs were in white.

Wellsy spilled a half-hearted one hander in front of me, so I reminded him "two hands for beginners", which he seemed to take to heart. You can all thank me later when he gets back on the park.

I also missed a target with my only possession returning a ball back over the fence to Jacobs. 0%DE, delist.

tumblr_l2ys14gJQP1qc073co1_r2_400.gif

I dare say he is past that point. He looked to be in no discomfort at all. Isn't it all about gradually increasing the load on it?

Increasing the load and hopefully the strength around the achilles, all the while monitoring how it feels after such a workout. At some stage, in a galaxy far far away, Daniel will reply with a thumbs up after an entire week of such gradual increases in his training load. Then, and only then, he'll be ready!

He was on the wireless last week and asked if he feared missing Boomer's 400th game given how long this injury is lingering. In reply he almost scoffed, saying "gee I'm pretty confident of being back well before then", which was reassuring to hear.

I've given up guessing who's going to be picked based on blue vs white tops, but I will say a few who have been mentioned lately as possible outs were in white.

Crock asked if any players were likely to boo "Goodesy" in a couple of weeks and those who raised their hands were suitably attired in racist garb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at training for an hour yesterday. Very light from what i saw. Did kicking drills to leading forward and goalkicking. Broke off into groups to do semi contested ball drills. Nothing to write home about.

Wells was in runners watching the players and looked in a little discomfort when he walked. Barret is full of crap as Wells looks a way off playing. Didnt participate or do any running while i was there.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Was at training for an hour yesterday. Very light from what i saw. Did kicking drills to leading forward and goalkicking. Broke off into groups to do semi contested ball drills. Nothing to write home about.

Wells was in runners watching the players and looked in a little discomfort when he walked. Barret is full of crap as Wells looks a way off playing. Didnt participate or do any running while i was there.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back