Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With jack signing a early extension. Obvious reasons get in early before all the free agency talk. But it also could be richo getting everything in place to have a big crack this off season.

HIT LIST:

treloar
Danger
parker
Motlop
Carlisle
Mitchell
Yarran
Any fringe player at gws.
Aish
kreuzer

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well they know most of our guns are actually contracted to be here for a while anyway to attract others.

Since our club is on the way up when many other clubs are going in the other direction no wonder why they would want to stay and others arrive!

All credit to Dan Richo and Blair - all out guns are locked in and no doubt locking Jack away early was to make sure we have a good handle on what we can and can't offer when it comes to trade time.

Come at me Doozy!
i agree, once the off season begins we are ready to rumble

I don't actually think we will make a big signing in the offseason, as only a small minority of the league actually move.

But signing Jack up gives me a bit of hope, as I reckon his commitment will be a good sign to players from other clubs. I also reckon that it shows Dan might be aware of how much a new player might cost him and can work Jack around that cost.

With jack signing a early extension. Obvious reasons get in early before all the free agency talk. But it also could be richo getting everything in place to have a big crack this off season.

HIT LIST:

treloar
Danger
parker
Motlop
Carlisle
Mitchell
Yarran
Any fringe player at gws.
Aish
kreuzer

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm going to have a crack at rating our chances out of 10 of landing the players you listed, and my personal opinion regarding each one.

Treloar - 7/10 - Would be a close to perfect fit.
Dangerfield - 4/10 - Fantasy land
Parker 4/10 - Gun, Treloar was close to perfect, Parker would be perfect, he would be number one on my wishlist, even ahead of Danger, won't leave Sydney though.
Motlop - 7.5/10 - Dangle the carrot wrapped in money in front of him and see what happens. Would be the small forward/midfielder we have been begging for.
Carlisle - 9/10 - Very gettable, more of an issue regarding his potential suspension. Chaplin replacement. Keen if cleared.
Tom Mitchell - 3/10 - Don't see this happening, seems to be a mainstay in the Swans lineup now.
Yarran - 8/10 - Not sure whether we need him though, terrible disposal most of the time.
Aish - 9/10 - Very gettable, however we have a deep midfield but id be happy to drop Grigg for him, even though Grigg has been solid lately.
Kreuzer - 8/10 - Cotch connection, long term ruck replacement, can play forward. Should be number one priority.

Fantasy wishlist
Parker, Carlisle, Motlop and Kreuzer

Carsile should be number 1 priority. Chaplin wont last forever and can swing either end.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

I'm going to have a crack at rating our chances out of 10 of landing the players you listed, and my personal opinion regarding each one.

Parker 4/10 - Gun, Treloar was close to perfect, Parker would be perfect, he would be number one on my wishlist, even ahead of Danger, won't leave Sydney though.
Motlop - 7.5/10 - Dangle the carrot wrapped in money in front of him and see what happens. Would be the small forward/midfielder we have been begging for.
Carlisle - 9/10 - Very gettable, more of an issue regarding his potential suspension. Chaplin replacement. Keen if cleared.
Tom Mitchell - 3/10 - Don't see this happening, seems to be a mainstay in the Swans lineup now.
Yarran - 8/10 - Not sure whether we need him though, terrible disposal most of the time.
Aish - 9/10 - Very gettable, however we have a deep midfield but id be happy to drop Grigg for him, even though Grigg has been solid lately.
Kreuzer - 8/10 - Cotch connection, long term ruck replacement, can play forward. Should be number one priority.

Fantasy wishlist

How would this look?

B/ Grimes - Carlisle - Batchelor
HB/ Houli - Rance - Yarran
C/ B Ellis - Vlastuin - McIntosh
HF/ Martin - Vickery - Deledio
F/ Motlop - Riewoldt - Griffiths
R/ Kreuzer - Cotchin - Treloar
Int/ Miles - Edwards - C Ellis - Grigg

attainable???

How would this look?

Int/ Miles - Edwards - C Ellis - Lennon

attainable???
Points for optimism.

Fantasy wishlist
There can't be much left in the Sydney salary cap unless there are paper bags involved, perhaps Parker can be squeezed out
Mitchell signed a pretty big new contract at the end of last season from memory, and Sam Reid has his 5 year deal so between Buddy, Tippett, Hannebury, Reid & Mitchell that is about 1/3rd of the salary cap just on 5 players. Doesn't leave much for the rest of them, especially as the rest are pretty bloody good players.

Last edited:
There can't be much left in the Sydney salary cap unless there are paper bags involved, perhaps Parker can be squeezed out
Mitchell signed a pretty big new contract at the end of last season from memory, so between Buddy, Tippett, Hannebury & Mitchell that is about 30% of the salary cap just on 4 players. Doesn't leave much for the rest of them, especially as the rest are pretty bloody good players.
All for Parker to Richmond

mate of mine reckons his insider says Treloar will re-sign soon with GWS.
they also have plenty of cap space.. a lot of their contracts like Scully were front-loaded and they have a bigger cap anyway.

Luke Parker it is, get on it!!
Seriously, we need to lure an A-grade midfielder.

Its time to photoshop Luke Parker in a richmond guernsey

jerp.png

If you look closely, you'll see it's a fake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question for me is how much space do we really think we have in the cap, and if the likes of Maric, Chaplin, Newman, Foley, Grigg, Knights etc are all coming into their final years and some guys like perhaps Astbury traded how much will that give us?

I think going forward ideally we could use a Ruckman, KPD and a Mid/Fwd. Instead of going all out and paying Danger 1mil or however much, how much would it cost instead to get a combo of Kreuz/Motlop/Carlisle or something similar? My guess would be it would be less than 500k more than going after a big fish like Danger, and with the guys mentioned above probably on about 1m+ combined plus the room we already have don't think it's entirely unrealistic we could pull it all off?

B: Batchelor, Carlisle, Grimes
HB: Houli, Rance, Vlastuin
C: B.Ellis, Cotchin, C.Ellis
HF: Deledio, Vickery, Edwards
F: Motlop, Reiwoldt, Griffiths
R: Kreuzer, Miles, Martin
I: McIntosh, Menadue, Conca, Lennon

Fantasy wishlist

This and so much this...i would have Henderson in the Carlisle basket.....wada thing is the only thing holding back my excitement about carlisle..

Carsile should be number 1 priority. Chaplin wont last forever and can swing either end.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Yeah but what if he gets rubbed out for 2 years but hopefully we might know more before we think of signing him.

jerp.png

If you look closely, you'll see it's a fake
Very Nice Stylo Any chance you can do one with Patty Dangerfield? I want to send it to a mate :p

How would this look?

Int/ Miles - Edwards - C Ellis - Grigg

attainable???
Compared to our most recent side...

Carlisle instead of Chaplin
Treloar instead of Hunt
Motlop instead of Lambert
Kreuzer instead of Maric
C.Ellis instead of Gordon
Yarran instead of Newman

Yes pls.

Forget about Carlisle, seems to me that he has a serious case of ' crack the shits and mope around ' syndrome if things don't go 100% his way.
It looks like the bullies have struck a line through his name and go and read if you read the last two pages on the drafts thread on the main board a couple of posters from different teams suggest he might have a serious case of ' my s**t doesn't stink ' off field, it's an Internet forum so take it with a grain of salt but also with the wada situation it is ' stay well away ' as far as I'm concerned.

Forget about Carlisle, seems to me that he has a serious case of ' crack the shits and mope around ' syndrome if things don't go 100% his way.
It looks like the bullies have struck a line through his name and go and read if you read the last two pages on the drafts thread on the main board a couple of posters from different teams suggest he might have a serious case of ' my s**t doesn't stink ' off field, it's an Internet forum so take it with a grain of salt but also with the wada situation it is ' stay well away ' as far as I'm concerned.

TT, you need to include the Sydney 2005 premiership 10th year anniversary in your sig :)

Agree, plus those teams with him are far too top heavy and ineffective in defense. In fact our defence arguably hasn't improved with a lot of those changes to the new team lists being presented.

In fact the only significant change has been Kruezeur IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back