Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Motlop has told friends down in Geelong that he is sitting on a long term multi-million dollar offer from Richmond."
From Collingwood board

Where did you see this? I can't find it

So, lets pass on Bennell

On the contrary if this makes him come cheap or even free i'd absolutely look hard at it. I couldn't really care less if players take recreational drugs, they aren't hurting anyone, and you can be sure there's any number of AFL players who would be on coke regularly, i'm sure there's probably blokes at our club who use it. Bennell is going to cop the brunt of all that now, who knows where it all ends up, but if it ends up being the kick up the backside he needs to become a star and we get him on the cheap we'd be silly not too look at it.

On the contrary if this makes him come cheap or even free i'd absolutely look hard at it. I couldn't really care less if players take recreational drugs, they aren't hurting anyone, and you can be sure there's any number of AFL players who would be on coke regularly, i'm sure there's probably blokes at our club who use it. Bennell is going to cop the brunt of all that now, who knows where it all ends up, but if it ends up being the kick up the backside he needs to become a star and we get him on the cheap we'd be silly not too look at it.

Absolutely agree. Now would be the time to pounce.

We've all seen the photos of Dusty gacked out of his mind, right? Not explicit, but we all know what's going on.

We've all seen the photos of Dusty gacked out of his mind, right? Not explicit, but we all know what's going on.
Not hard to see why so many players go for drugs either, on the off chance they do get caught their identity is protected under the 3 strikes policy, anyone who stuffs up with alcohol gets hung out to dry by the media. Also from a fitness perspective alcohol has a bigger impact on that side of things too. The AFL is a bunch of young, cashed-up men, pretty obvious theres going to be high levels of drug use, and really as long as it's out of the public eye then good luck to them.

The problem with Bennell and more so Gold Coast is it appears to be a major issue for them and isn't just a case of getting on the gear at the occasional party. Rather it's a very regular occurrence and they can't help themselves, which being where they're located it is not all that surprising.

I wonder if we will look at Kade Kolojasni (spelling) as I think he is player who is more likely to be clean and if memory serves me correct we rated him very highly prior to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call but given key backs are the the main weakness for GWS its safe to say he doesn't compare to any of them.

I know he's young but I wouldn't be
Going to hard unless he
Could be a taller Houli type. Just my opinion.
Height is nothing compared to ability which can overcome things. I was watching rancy standing next to franklin and he towered rance. Some smaller defenders eg Gibson hawks they do well on bigger opponents. As with taller player's playing on smalls eg Grimes can take tall or short.

Dusty is off the gear, why do you think he's been putting on weight? I'd rather not bring someone in that could change that

Just on this, dusty does not take drugs, if he did, his old man would put him 6 feet under the ground, literally. He loves the grog however, but in the off season, so do many stars like Swan, j Brown when he played etc. It is funny, I dont know where these drug rumors started with Dusty, maybe its his tattoos ? Bottom line, just look at any photo you have at home when you were 22-23 drunk, then put them against Dusty.

On Bennell, I would do what we can to get him across to us on the cheap. he is a amazing talent. Our culture is strong enough to manage him, we have a great system of player development at the club as well.

Just on this, dusty does not take drugs, if he did, his old man would put him 6 feet under the ground, literally. He loves the grog however, but in the off season, so do many stars like Swan, j Brown when he played etc. It is funny, I dont know where these drug rumors started with Dusty, maybe its his tattoos ? Bottom line, just look at any photo you have at home when you were 22-23 drunk, then put them against Dusty.

On Bennell, I would do what we can to get him across to us on the cheap. he is a amazing talent. Our culture is strong enough to manage him, we have a great system of player development at the club as well.

Haha, funny because that's the exact kind of thing I said when some of these photos were emerging of Dusty, that there was no reason to believe drugs were involved etc.

Basically got told I was naive and ignorant lol.

No thanks to Bennell,What type of message will that send to someone like Dusty who while not a drug issue with dusty but,We had concerns over his behavior which included the "sacking" of his best mate Dan Connors.And now we bring into the club someone who for a fact has been caught on the gear.Sorry but thats just the wrong message.

Personally I think that we would be crazy to pick up (even cheaply) someone with obvious problems. I know that we went through this with Cousins, but being that Harley's age is so much younger, I would not invite this issue into the club. I try to think of the exception to this, and struggle to do so. I know that it is a cliche, but we are finally playing as a team, where if one player comes out, we are not too much at a loss from a structure perspective. I worry about the Baggage Harley would bring

No thanks to Bennell,What type of message will that send to someone like Dusty who while not a drug issue with dusty but,We had concerns over his behavior which included the "sacking" of his best mate Dan Connors.And now we bring into the club someone who for a fact has been caught on the gear.Sorry but thats just the wrong message.

/\ This

Would not consider Bennel - for obvious reasons - even though he would be a great addition to our side on field. This situation however could open up the door for us to pounce on other GC players from Melbourne (maybe even Tasmania) who may now be more open to coming home. Dion Prestia would be right up there on my list. KK would be great on the opposite half back to Houli - would take a lot of pressure off of Houli being the one to create a lot of run. Trent McKenzie might be worth a look despite the fact that he appears to have stagnated. Jesse Lonergan could also be one to keep an eye on - if he comes on could be a powerful inside mid which fills a clear need for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back