Unsolved West Memphis 3

Remove this Banner Ad

He might be different to you and I, but don't for one second think he doesn't have the mental faculty to have researched, learnt and known the ins and outs of the case pertaining to his murdered son.

Only one of the three families will not contemplate that the WM3 did not kill their son and they're a hateful, God bothering couple suffering from blind hatred.

Which family was that? I havent seen Paradise Lost 3 or West of Memphis so it leaves Michael Moore's folks if I'm on the right track

Which family was that? I havent seen Paradise Lost 3 or West of Memphis so it leaves Michael Moore's folks if I'm on the right track
Correct.

They were always staunch believers that it was Echols, Misskelly and Baldwin all along. Honestly I cant blame them for being in that mindset when the police screwed up the investigation so badly. If they will change their minds, I don't think it will be for a very long time. I feel sorry for them as to me its evident that they're still hurting badly over it.

They were always staunch believers that it was Echols, Misskelly and Baldwin all along. Honestly I cant blame them for being in that mindset when the police screwed up the investigation so badly. If they will change their minds, I don't think it will be for a very long time. I feel sorry for them as to me its evident that they're still hurting badly over it.
They still believe the 3 best suspects in this crime are guilty, feel sorry for their grief not their belief

They still believe the 3 best suspects in this crime are guilty, feel sorry for their grief not their belief

ofcourse, that was my point. They've lost a child, nothings ever going to lift that weight and sadness

So are the released lads and their supporters still doing everything in their power to find ththe killer(s)?
Baldwin studies law since his release(last I read), and had to be coerced into taking the Alford plea in the first place, despite wanting to continue to fight for his absolute innocence and a finding of such. He accepted the plea as there were concerns Echols was not going to survive much longer on death row.

Echols and his supporters are still quite vocal about the case and how badly it was botched. They want the case to be reheard, the evidence tested and the truth to be told.
The judge who put the three of them away wants nothing to do with looking at the case again, nor does the state of Arkansas.

Read the below link for Echol's condemnation of the reluctance to re-evaluate all the available evidence.
http://m.arktimes.com/arkansas/only...n-west-memphis-three-case/Content?oid=3364262

Hard evidence against Hobbs and the ninja turtles doesn't really exist, fanciful documentaries however do.
Such a stupid comment in the context of what is being discussed.

Here's an article with Echols calling for all evidence to tabled once more and for the state of Arkansas to get some answers as to what happened to the murdered children and you're making out like he wants anything but the truth to be found.

Such a stupid comment in the context of what is being discussed.

Here's an article with Echols calling for all evidence to tabled once more and for the state of Arkansas to get some answers as to what happened to the murdered children and you're making out like he wants anything but the truth to be found.
Why would I place any credence in anything Echols has to say? aside from the fact he's a pathological liar it's quite easy for him to shout from the rooftops when he knows this case is highly unlikely to ever be re-investigated by authorities.

Why would I place any credence in anything Echols has to say? aside from the fact he's a pathological liar it's quite easy for him to shout from the rooftops when he knows this case is highly unlikely to ever be re-investigated by authorities.
Ok, so a pathological liar wants the case that had him put on death row for 18yrs re-opened and all evidence re-evaluated....but the state won't touch it...because he is guilty.

Makes complete sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so a pathological liar wants the case that had him put on death row for 18yrs re-opened and all evidence re-evaluated....but the state won't touch it...because he is guilty.

Makes complete sense.
He says he want's the case re-opened.. as I said his words mean nothing to me

The state have time served and an Alford Plea it's over from their end

An Alford Plea is a guilty plea of a defendant who proclaims he is innocent of the crime, and admits that the prosecution has enough evidence to prove that he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It is entered when an accused, together with his attorney, has made the calculated decision to plead guilty because the evidence against him is so strong that it will likely lead to conviction. Typically, it results in a guilty plea of a lesser crime (i.e. second degree murder rather than first)

He says he want's the case re-opened.. as I said his words mean nothing to me

The state have time served and an Alford Plea it's over from their end
Ok, so he's spending time writing to the state, talking to media about getting a re-trial and finding the truth....and all becuase he is actually guilty and knows it won't happen?

That's a pretty amazing way for a supposed child killer who has so much to hide to act.

It's become pretty clear that nothing that is presented to you is going to change your mind.

Ok, so he's spending time writing to the state, talking to media about getting a re-trial and finding the truth....and all becuase he is actually guilty and knows it won't happen?

That's a pretty amazing way for a supposed child killer who has so much to hide to act.

It's become pretty clear that nothing that is presented to you is going to change your mind.
What's been presented to any of us that proves innocence beyond doubt? Echols, Baldwin & Misskelley remain the best suspects in this case no matter what you or all the believers say.

The court transcripts, Misskelley's multiple confessions, bogus alibi's, failed polygraph results, Echols medical records, witness testimonies etc. etc. etc. are available for anyone who wants to look deeper.

Wow posted like a true mouthbreather... try reading instead of placing blind faith in one sided documentaries
:drunk:

You've disregarded every other piece of information put in front of you, in order to bleat about how the docos were one-sided, and now you're calling other posters mouth-breathers. Nice.

:drunk:

You've disregarded every other piece of information put in front of you, in order to bleat about how the docos were one-sided, and now you're calling other posters mouth-breathers. Nice.
No I've looked into the case and read a copious amount of information not presented in the documentaries, information which you've obviously disregarded, do you really believe the full picture of this crime is presented in the films?

*I wasn't the one who started labeling people idiots in this thread

What a fascinating case. I knew nothing about this case when opening this thread about two hours ago.

I attempted to YouTube the West Memphis Three movie but there's only a trailer and a four minute preview available. Every other result indicates you have to register online to watch the movie. If someone can suggest or recommend a link so I can watch the movie, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm about to watch Paradise Lost.

I understand that Misskelly has been described as having the mental capacity as a five year old. Was this ever diagnosed or assessed by a medical practitioner, or is that just someone's "not so medical" opinion? If it was diagnosed, was it done so before or after the trial? If this was known by the jury that he had the mental capacity of a five year old prior to the trial, and presented by the defence in Court, then a "five year old" doesn't have mens rea and, therefore, any confession from Misskelly should have been inadmissible.

Let's not slide to the level of insults please folks. Keep discussion in context to the subject without using retorts and insults

This case is getting quite a bit of podcast attention recently. Terry Hobbs has written a book, suspicious character imo but so is Byers.

John Douglas famous FBI profiler has weighed in, his take is interesting and makes sense. Meanwhile, Damian Echols has stayed true to his path of arty magical weirdness which isn't for most of us but he is strong and I like him.

Bob Ruff has made a three part docuseries which I haven't seen yet but heard is good. Evidence has also gone missing apparently, so applying new forensic science techniques that was thought to be the way to exoneration for the three, looks unlikely.

This was last year, I can't find anything to say it was found.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back