Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks.

I've done all the GWS ones again.

So now I've just got to the Collingwood sponsors to go.

Cool , good luck with it mero. Can I ask a few questions , 1st regarding sponsors... Did South Melbourne ever have Swann Insurance as a sponsor
in the 70s / early 80s (Before 1982)? and 2 about uniforms , in the 1877 Footballer publication , under Bendigo's uniform , it mentions at the end of it as them having " Balmorals" , would that refer to a type of boot? , and under Toorak's uniform , part of it mentions them having a turban?

Did South Melbourne ever have Swann Insurance as a sponsor
in the 70s / early 80s (Before 1982)?
All of it is here.
Swans-Sponsors.gif

Cool , good luck with it mero. Can I ask a few questions , 1st regarding sponsors... Did South Melbourne ever have Swann Insurance as a sponsor
in the 70s / early 80s (Before 1982)? and 2 about uniforms , in the 1877 Footballer publication , under Bendigo's uniform , it mentions at the end of it as them having " Balmorals" , would that refer to a type of boot? , and under Toorak's uniform , part of it mentions them having a turban?
Sponsored their training jumpers, which meant they were on the footy cards, but never on the game day jumpers.
As for Balmoral, I wouldn't mind betting it was a beret type of cap which were called Balmorals after the Castle.

All of it is here.
Swans-Sponsors.gif
Sponsored their training jumpers, which meant they were on the footy cards, but never on the game day jumpers.
As for Balmoral, I wouldn't mind betting it was a beret type of cap which were called Balmorals after the Castle.

Thanks Klim and Mero , I saw a Francis Jackson footy card online yesterday with Swann on his jumper.

I have changed some of the uniforms on the Carlton All Uniform page.
Prefer the old or the new?
One benefit the new one has is when you click on it it's much larger.
Thoughts, anyone?

Just had a look mero , personally I like them both , new model man is a bit more human like , detail in the uniforms is awesome. Both types of models and uniforms either way give out visually what you're trying to portray to people visiting FJ. Will you possibly be updating to the newer uniform / model for other clubs? (a hell of a lot of work I know) , either way it still looks great.

I have changed some of the uniforms on the Carlton All Uniform page.
Prefer the old or the new?
One benefit the new one has is when you click on it it's much larger.
Thoughts, anyone?
I like the new one. The clear background means there is less noise (minor, I know, but it's still an improvement) and the larger linked image is a big plus. I also think overall it just makes the page cleaner when looked at as a whole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far the footy one looks like this:
Premiers-Poster.gif

Now, it's not finished, though it will be in the next day or so.
But would anyone be interested in one when it is finished?
I'm thinking of selling them through the website.
I believe I have a printer who can print and send them and make it worthwhile for $25 or so.
It will be A2, so 4 pieces of A4 paper in size.
Perfect for Fathers Day coming up, birthdays and Christmas.
Close up they look like this:
http://bomberblitz.com/mero/Premiers-Poster2.gif

If it works I was thinking of getting the sponsor pages printed too.
So if you're a Saints supporter you can have this on your wall
(and all the other teams too)
StKilda-Sponsors.gif

Last edited:
So far the footy one looks like this:
Premiers-Poster.gif
My OCD has kicked in because there's 11 jumpers per line, and each line doesn't depict a decade (or part thereof). Sorry. :(

If it works I was thinking of getting the sponsor pages printed too.
It may just be me, but I can't image this would be very popular at all. But then again, I don't have a man-cave to show off any sports memorabilia, etc.

My OCD has kicked in because there's 11 jumpers per line, and each line doesn't depict a decade (or part thereof). Sorry. :(

It may just be me, but I can't image this would be very popular at all. But then again, I don't have a man-cave to show off any sports memorabilia, etc.
To be honest I've only had one person ever ask about it, and he was the guy from one of the sponsors.

How do you work out when they are wearing long or short sleeve jumpers in the early years? From actual premiership team photos?

How do you work out when they are wearing long or short sleeve jumpers in the early years? From actual premiership team photos?
Yes, exactly. Whatever most of the team were wearing.
And sometimes it comes down to a difference of one or two players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back