Mega Thread Adam Goodes starring in Lord of the Flies - The only place to post Goodes stuff - Read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baz_hawk, nice sentiments....However, I take issue with you on one point....It's the AFL & the NSW Govt who are behind this entire PR farce....The self-same 2 lobby groups that had Goodes elected AOTY.

Be in no doubt that both The Age & The HUN, including their AFL appointed, led by the nose muppets in Sloobo & CArrow are doing the bidding of AFL house inc....This is a final PR stunt before Goodes retirement to push the AFL'S wagon as leaders in the Anti-racism front.

Unfortunately, what it actually is, is one ginormous group circle-jerk over the entire football public, on behalf of intellectual muppets....AKA the media.

What a wank-fest.
Forgot one of the other motivations to boo - anger at the afl and picking on someone who is perceived as a favoured son and where the booing elicits distress and a response from the AFL administration.

I also don't want to feed this chook circus.

I never booed, but I never thought it was racially motivated. I remember thinking when we played them last time "Why don't the swans supporters begin a cheer every time he goes to the ball like we did at Etihad when Hodge and Lewis were being booed by Roos fans?". By the end of that North game the boos were well and truly drowned out by the cheers.
I thought I heard boos against Goodes in the anz game 3 weeks ago. Although we had a lot of the crowd that game... Especially by the 2nd half.

Can you please provide a link to video or some other proof of Silk & Cyril asking Hawks fans to stop booing Goodes. I can vaguely remember Burgoyne being asked about it and saying he doesn't like it, but if memory serves me correctly Rioli avoided the question and responded with im not too sure when asked for his opinion on it.

Here's Burgoyne (abc.net.au):

The booing Goodes receives from opposition fans has been the subject of much debate with his term as Australian of the year, the way he plays the game and racial undertones all put forward as reasons for the adverse reaction. Hawthorn's Shaun Burgoyne believes it to be a combination of all three factors, but whatever the motivation, he called for an end to it. "I hate the booing ... he's a champion person and a champion player," Burgoyne told Channel Seven's Game Day. "I think he's earned respect over 18 or 19 years of playing the game. He's very outspoken about his culture and his beliefs, which is great. It's tough seeing a mate of yours go through this. I believe all of our champions deserve to be appreciated."

Can't find Rioli; if I misremembered and mispoke about him I take that part back; the rest of what I had to say on the topic still holds - if a champ like Silk (and Lewis) are asking for it to stop, then I assume that's good enough for those of us who want them to win us another premiership.

GO HAWKS!

I thought I heard boos against Goodes in the anz game 3 weeks ago. Although we had a lot of the crowd that game... Especially by the 2nd half.

Ever since the media ran with it since our Rd 8 game, he has been booed everywhere.

They tell you not to do something...what do people do? Do exactly the opposite.

Just been watching morning shows and they went on about his accolades and why he doesnt deserve to be booed.

Why does Cristiano Ronaldo deserve to be booed? He even got booed in Melbourne. No one was accusing fans of being racist towards Portuguese people.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Why does Cristiano Ronaldo deserve to be booed? He even got booed in Melbourne. No one was accusing fans of being racist towards Portuguese people.

Jesus....

If Cristiano Ronaldo were an indigenous Australian who spoke publicly about the issue of racism towards indigenous Australians in Australia and he was subsequently booed en mass by white Australians it would be racist.

But no, Cristiano Ronaldo was booed because he does things like posting photos of himself shirtless in bed on the internet

Jesus....

If Cristiano Ronaldo were an indigenous Australian who spoke publicly about the issue of racism towards indigenous Australians in Australia and he was subsequently booed en mass by white Australians it would be racist.

But no, Cristiano Ronaldo was booed because he does things like posting photos of himself shirtless in bed on the internet
He actually gets booed for his onfield behaviour. I understand the boos and if he never played for Manchester United I may dislike him for the antics.

Yet he does so much for disadvantaged kids off field. He once paid for the entire hospital bill for a kid when they had initially asked for his boots to auction for funds.

If you can't see alot of players are booed for their onfield antics, then the media campaign has gotten to you.

If we want to stop booing Goodes, then you need to stop booing everyone.

He actually gets booed for his onfield behaviour. I understand the boos and if he never played for Manchester United I may dislike him for the antics.

Yet he does so much for disadvantaged kids off field. He once paid for the entire hospital bill for a kid when they had initially asked for his boots to auction for funds.

If you can't see alot of players are booed for their onfield antics, then the media campaign has gotten to you.

If we want to stop booing Goodes, then you need to stop booing everyone.

nah mate - you are missing the point entirely - i know us hawks have a few reasons to dislike Goodes....but i would hope we can all be bigger than that now, and understand that this has gone far beyond what he does onfield....people are using that as an excuse...and if anyone wants to continue to boo him, knowing full well the kind of affect this is having on him and the other indigneous boys in the AFL, then i think you need to have a bit of a look at your self....

go and ask Cyril, Burgers, Jed etc...and see how they feel about the treatment Goodes is getting,,,,i can pretty much guarantee you, they would feel pretty sad and upset about it

let us as a club not stoop to the 'its my right to boo' opinion....im not trying to say that those that are booing are racist in anyway, but if your actions are giving others the feeling that you are, then i would encourage you to stop

Did these on field antics of Goodes only start the moment he won Australian of the Year? Because that's when the booing started..
Not saying it's 100% racist free, but its not all racist booing.

For me, he seemed to get special treatment from the tribunal and MRP and being given AOTY was a real "are you f**ken serious?" moment. Wasn't because he spoke up for indigenous Australia. I actually don't know the stuff he had said at the time.

Reason he has such a clean playing record is he never gets suspended for the stuff he does. Gets a free pass. Protected species.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this on the main board, but will post it here also.

Lets for a minute say that the booing has nothing to do with race, and you are booing because you don't like him, or for your right to 'boo'.

What about simple human decency. Adam Goodes is a human being, that has never hurt anyone or never committed a crime (from all reports is actually a very good person). Yet he is being bullied to an extreme level, to the point of where he is willing to walk away from the game that he loves, and has served well for 15 years.

What sort of message does this send. It's ok to bully people because you don't like them. People commit suicide over extreme levels of bullying.

To the people that claim it is your right 'boo'. You need to seriously have a good, long, hard look at yourself, and what you stand for as a person.

I hope that as supporters of this great club (The family club), we are better than this.

nah mate - you are missing the point entirely - i know us hawks have a few reasons to dislike Goodes....but i would hope we can all be bigger than that now, and understand that this has gone far beyond what he does onfield....people are using that as an excuse...and if anyone wants to continue to boo him, knowing full well the kind of affect this is having on him and the other indigneous boys in the AFL, then i think you need to have a bit of a look at your self....

go and ask Cyril, Burgers, Jed etc...and see how they feel about the treatment Goodes is getting,,,,i can pretty much guarantee you, they would feel pretty sad and upset about it

let us as a club not stoop to the 'its my right to boo' opinion....im not trying to say that those that are booing are racist in anyway, but if your actions are giving others the feeling that you are, then i would encourage you to stop
Then let's not boo anyone at all. I do understand that it's gone beyond what it is but are we now saying other players that have been booed don't feel it either?

Let's treat the other players with respect too and not boo. Ballayntine, Selwood, Bartel, Stevie J, Buddy, Goodes, Hird. Let's not boo them.

Not saying it's 100% racist free, but its not all racist booing.

For me, he seemed to get special treatment from the tribunal and MRP and being given AOTY was a real "are you f**ken serious?" moment. Wasn't because he spoke up for indigenous Australia. I actually don't know the stuff he had said at the time.

Reason he has such a clean playing record is he never gets suspended for the stuff he does. Gets a free pass. Protected species.

If it's not 100% racist free then why would anyone who is not racist want to join in??

He's been getting special treatment at the tribunal for close to 2 decades mate, he's only been getting aggressively booed since he spoke his mind about racism in Australia.

Is this Adam Gooded's next move?

Will he retire from the game because his workplace is not safe?

Will he then sue the A.F.L. for not providing a safe work place?

I haven't booed him, as when I last saw him play, and was a champion, so he got only applause from me. However, I should say at one point, James Hird was in the same boat, but if he were still playing today, I'd boo him too!

Anything other than nothing will be seen to be antagonistic and racist.

And perhaps no different to what Jetta did. Causing the issue to become inflamed more and further polarising the crowd.....once again rightly or wrongly.

If it's not 100% racist free then why would anyone who is not racist want to join in??

He's been getting special treatment at the tribunal for close to 2 decades mate, he's only been getting aggressively booed since he spoke his mind about racism in Australia.
Not true. You're drawing a long bow there. Do you know when he started speaking up about racism? Do you know when he started to get 'aggressively' booed?
This is not a black and white issue. There are many other factors that have caused this behaviour (booing) to escalate to where we are now. The media, the forces in an individual that influence thought, behaviour and personality, the way Adam conducts himself on and off the field, etc. etc.
Probably needs to stop because he should be remembered as a champion of the game, not on his last 10 games. How would we like if Mitchell will be remembered as a corker?

The only good that's come from this is that it's unsettled the Swans and probably derailed their 2015 campaign. :D

This is just f..ked up. So as I have said in previous posts, ANY and I mean ANY player from now on who gets boo'ed will be able to play the racist card, go on extended leave, ACCUSE the public of being racists etc etc??

No, because this whole s**t situation is a "poor Adam Goodes" campaign. And any other player would just take it on the chin. 1 Rule for Adam and the rest can suit themselves.

I will not be told how to act or what to do when I am doing NOTHING wrong! And to be accused of being a racist, well, that's worse than any booing. So let me get this straight, I can't boo a player who's antics are worse than a 5 year old, but He (Adam) can ACCUSE me as being a Racist?? I'm missing something here...?

Funny thing is richmond, as well as wearing the indigenous jumper, have urged fans to come along and wear the jumper

(I wonder if they will have new ones available)

So if the crowd size increases because of this, the home team Hawthorn will benefit financially. The very club whos supporters set all this thing going (according to slobbo)

Nice

Lets not split hairs here....people have agendas.....that has become very painfully clear.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I don't know that the media have agendas. I think the constant booing is a pretty bad look and the AFL and media want it gone. That is a fair enough and a lot of us would agree - it has gone too far.

So then the media use their tools. They stake a claim for the moral high ground - that was their only option (and is always their favourite place anyway) because questioning Adam Goodes in any way is a minefield for them and the AFL so that is off limits. Hence his war dances which are clearly divisive go unchallenged because to challenge them would be racist in some way.

Once they take the moral high ground they flush out all the low hanging fruit and crucify it. This has been happening all week. Chris Scotts comments are a classic, to paraphrase "no we cannot discuss this, and unless you agree with me you are a bigot" :rolleyes:

What they have done with all this is isolate and ostracise everyone in the middle. That is the minefield that the AFL now has to tip toe around.

My prediction is we are going to see some massive stage managed statements this weekend. There will be indigenous Guernseys, there will be war dances everywhere.

Personally I think there is a big chance it will be met with %^$# off. This whole thing still cannot be traced back to anything. It is entirely created and people will see straight through that.

It is just booing. It is just idiots being idiots. And the more you call them idiots the more idiotic they will be.

This will eventually end in crowd trouble. It is inevitable IMO.

Not true. You're drawing a long bow there. Do you know when he started speaking up about racism? Do you know when he started to get 'aggressively' booed?
This is not a black and white issue. There are many other factors that have caused this behaviour (booing) to escalate to where we are now. The media, the forces in an individual that influence thought, behaviour and personality, the way Adam conducts himself on and off the field, etc. etc.
Probably needs to stop because he should be remembered as a champion of the game, not on his last 10 games. How would we like if Mitchell will be remembered as a corker?

The only good that's come from this is that it's unsettled the Swans and probably derailed their 2015 campaign. :D

Here is the difference. Mitch got absolutely Hung, Drawn and Quartered for him defending himself and got boo'ed every game after that. The only campaign here is a "Poor Adam Campaign"

And now he has made this all about himself, he will be remembered for accusing the public of being racists. This is a f..ken disgrace!

ANY and I mean ANY player from now on who gets boo'ed will be able to play the racist card, go on extended leave, ACCUSE the public of being racists etc etc??
If they feel it is racist, then yes.
But imagine if Selwood pulled the race card? What would the reaction be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back