Teams Cronulla Sharks 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but did it have to come to that? We have to abide by the ref's decisions but what was wrong with that last gasp Cronulla try? It was disallowed but I did not catch the reason why. Nine times out of ten you see those scrambles rewarded. The Sharkies players around the action did not seem impressed with the No Try decision and the Raiders players seemed to accept that it was a fair try.
Apparently Fifita's hand had come off the ball before grounding it. It seemed that way from one angle but from 2 other angles it didn't. So for me and plenty of others, there was not conclusive evidence for it to be overturned.

Very important win by the Sharks over the Bulldogs. That was a hard hitting game. Luke Lewis injured ... maybe a medial.

For and against not great so probably need 30 points to secure a finals spot. That's 3 from our last 6.

Making the top eight after a horror start will be a pretty good achievement. A win over the Bulldogs, who are pretty tough competitors, showed we have the form to be a force come finals. Of the last six games it is not the harder sides I am worried about, we have made a habit of losing to sides we should beat easily.

Making the top eight after a horror start will be a pretty good achievement. A win over the Bulldogs, who are pretty tough competitors, showed we have the form to be a force come finals. Of the last six games it is not the harder sides I am worried about, we have made a habit of losing to sides we should beat easily.

Think it's time I came out of the woodwork, we always seem to start seasons slowly home losses to the Raiders, Titans and that loss to the Warriors are hard to swallow when we could be 3rd/4th with 2/3 wins there. Agree on the last point, can't even remember the last time we beat Parramatta but recent wins over Canterbury and St George, who we rarely seem to beat has filled me with a bit more confidence. Big next 3 weeks though first, hopefully starting this week over the ditch. No Shaun Johnson but that's matched with Lewis and the Fifita's (I assume) being out, but Tupou back should fill the hole slightly. Then Cowboys and Storm at home, but can't get too excited just yet....

Strong win against the Warriors on their home turf. We are now in a clear 5th spot and only for and against behind the 4th placed Rabbitohs. They do have a game in hand though.

We have Cowboys (H), Storm (H), Tigers (H), Eels (A), Sea Eagles (H)

Win those home games and we will finish top 4.

Who would have thought we would be in this position after we lost our first 4 games?

Strong win against the Warriors on their home turf. We are now in a clear 5th spot and only for and against behind the 4th placed Rabbitohs. They do have a game in hand though.

We have Cowboys (H), Storm (H), Tigers (H), Eels (A), Sea Eagles (H)

Win those home games and we will finish top 4.

Who would have thought we would be in this position after we lost our first 4 games?
2 MASSIVE games coming up. Doesn't get much tougher than the Cowboys and the Storm.

To finish top 4 we need to win the same amount of games as the Storm over the last 5 weeks, and either 2 more than Souths or 3 more than the Roosters.

Souths have:

Manly (A), Cowboys (A), Bulldogs (H), Broncos (H), Roosters (A)

That's a very tough run home.

Souths have:

Manly (A), Cowboys (A), Bulldogs (H), Broncos (H), Roosters (A)

That's a very tough run home.

That looks very tough, will drop at least a couple I reckon. One thing I don't want is us to finish 5th and Manly to finish 8th.

Actually... forgot we play Manly last round so you'd say it's unlikely that scenario happens either way.

Fifita out for 6. Could have been worse I suppose ... Hope Luke Lewis isn't too far away from returning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a run the Sharks are on. Apart from that loss to Manly when we had players out at Origin time, we've been arguably the form team of the comp.

Sharks 2 Storm 30. Season defining loss.

Top 4 is gone. Going to finish 6-8. If we lose one of the next 2 vs Tigers and Eels, we can miss altogether. Worst for and against from the top 9 sides.

*Sigh*

Wouldn't you have taken this at the start of the season, though?

For sure.

We are success starved though. When we think we are in a position to challenge, we often fall away again.

With Parra beating Manly top 8 is now secured, still a real chance at top 4 just need to win both games and have Souths (Broncos (H), Roosters (A) ) and Storm (Knights (H), Cowboys (H), Broncos (A) lose a game each.

Last edited:
Knights did us a big favour, we are now favourites to finish 4th. Would be an amazing result considering last season and the first 4 rounds of this season.

Knights did us a big favour, we are now favourites to finish 4th. Would be an amazing result considering last season and the first 4 rounds of this season.

Win both games and it's ours i'd say. Souths in very ordinary form and still have the top 2 teams to come. Confident we will beat Parra, then it comes down to the Manly match...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back