Review Past player. Xavier Ellis (2014 - 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

ELLIS-Xavier.png

Details
Number
Height 187cm
Weight 80kg
DOB 28-02-1988
Debut Hawthorn: 2007 Round 1 Vs Brisbane
West Coast: 2014 Round 1 Vs Western Bulldogs

Player honours: Hawthorn premiership side 2008

Draft History: 2005 AFL National Draft pick 3 (Hawthorn), 2013 signed as a free agent by West Coast

Ellis has been named on a half-back flank for round 1 after an impressive pre-season. He will become the 215th Eagle (assuming Bennell also plays), the sixth to wear the #18 (after Dazzle, Ebert, RoJo, Tony Evans and Andrew MacNish) and the first Eagle with a name beginning with X. [/randomuselesstrivia]

My boy in 2015.

My first impression of Xav this year: he is cute!

Round 11
WCE vs Essendon
First game back from injury.

Xavier Ellis
17 disposals, 11 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks and 1 tackle

Round 12
WCE vs Richmond

Xavier Ellis
24 disposals, 16 kicks, 8 handballs, 10 marks and 2 tackles.

Not a bad stats at all against the Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 13 WCE Bye Round!

Round 14
WCE vs Dees

Xavier Ellis
12 disposals, 10 kicks, 2 handballs, 3 marks and 2 tackles.

Quieter game stats-wise but it just shows that he was sharing the football around with his teammates.

Round 15
WCE vs Adelaide

Xavier Ellis
17 disposals, 12 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks and 1 tackle.

I was at the ground that game and I was impressed and it was an emotional game too.

Round 16
WCE vs Magpies

Xavier Ellis
17 disposals, 10 kicks, 7 handballs and 6 marks.

Round 17
WCE vs Sydney

Xavier Ellis
16 disposals, 8 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks and 2 tackles.

The West Australian

Ellis takes solid step after injury hassles

Dale Miller
June 9, 2015

West Coast have shown faith in Xavier Ellis’ injury-prone body by re-signing the defender for the 2016 season.
The 27-year-old said he loved being around the Eagles’ winning culture as he took a giant stride towards winning back his spot in the senior line-up.

Ellis was a class above in accumulating 27 disposals across half-back at Steel Blue Oval on Saturday to be one of East Perth’s best players in their 17-point win over Swan Districts.

The performance came despite being restricted to 80 minutes of game time in his third WAFL match on the familiar comeback trail from injury.

The 2008 Hawthorn premiership player has not lined up for the Eagles since breaking down with a hamstring problem during the NAB Challenge.

He said he still had to prove his body could get through an entire game before he was ready for an AFL recall.

“I’ve spent a long time in rehab and it’s a pretty lonely joint,” Ellis said.

“I played 60 minutes in the (WAFL) reserves nearly a month ago, now I just need to get out and play some footy.

“There wasn’t so much a hiccup, just the body is getting old, getting sore. It was making sure there wasn’t a setback, so we took the conservative route.

“Eighty minutes of WAFL footy isn’t to the AFL standard, so I know there’s going to be a massive increase when I’m right to go, but the body’s handling it really well.

“I am a bit of a realist on this one now.

“I’ve just missed so much footy and the way the AFL game is going you don’t want to let the team down more than anything. If you end up getting subbed out pretty early, it really hurts the team.

“More importantly, West Coast are travelling really well and it’s nice to have a cushion not to rush anything.”

Ellis’ first season at West Coast was a relative success after he followed coach Adam Simpson across from Hawthorn on a one-year contract.

He played 17 matches in 2014 — the most in a season in four years — before requiring surgery on a damaged AC joint.

The defender is scheduled to step up to 100 minutes of game time against Peel at Bendigo Bank Stadium on Sunday.

Ellis said he still had plenty to give after 103 AFL games.

He had been due to come out of contract later this year before earning the fresh extension.

Round 18
WCE vs Gold Coast

Xavier Ellis
1 goal, 16 disposals, 14 kicks, 2 handballs and 6 marks.

His goal :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Round 19
WCE vs Hawthorn

Xavier Ellis
12 disposals, 10 kicks, 2 handballs, 4 marks and 2 tackles.

image.jpg
Round 20
WCE vs Fremantle

Xavier Ellis
13 disposals, 9 kicks, 4 handballs and 6 marks.

Last edited:
Round 21
WCE vs Western Bulldogs

Xavier Ellis
18 disposals, 13 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks and 1 tackle.

He was subbed off in the last quarter.

Round 22
WCE vs Adelaide

Xavier Ellis
13 disposals, 12 kicks, 1 handball, 5 marks and 3 tackles.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back