Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Steven Motlop selects Richmond and wants to come, Geelong will deal and our 1st pick will get it done - No doubt about that
#12-#15 is a reasonable pick maybe 2-3 unders but gues whatt we dont have it and will happen for what we have

Geelong are reasonable to deal with and will go through without fuss

Its the Yarran for our #32-#34 that will be harder to get done
sorry for the intrusion but you will not have 12 or 15, given there will be priority picks for leuenger and possibly selwood
your first pick could be 18 or 20, and that will not work
just like you will not accept collingwoods second round pick for vickery

How would people feel about this:

Richmond:
Out - picks 14 + 32
In - Aish + Yarran
Brisbane:
Out - Aish + pick 20
In - picks 14 + 32
Carlton:
Out - Yarran
In - pick 20

?
Carlton getting overs and Brisbane unders for mine. 2 separate trades would be fairer IMO. Carlton fans will disagree but Yaz would be losing value faster than any player I can recall. He's blatantly not trying at all.

sorry for the intrusion but you will not have 12 or 15, given there will be priority picks for leuenger and possibly selwood
I love the authority with which nuff nuffs on BF post. It is truly impressive

There is no chance selwood or Leunberger will get a band 1 compensation pick

Also more than happy to revisit this if Motlop does decide to come to Richmond and what the trade was, I know you know deep inside you that if that is the situation he will be traded for what im saying - Geelong are very very easy to deal with as are Richmond
Stanley #21 - got it done
Varcoe what pick was he traded for ?

Not in the first round. Dangerfield and maybe Kreuzer are the only ones capable of generating band 1.

You will accept what we tell you to accept. ;)

Also more than happy to revisit this if Motlop does decide to come to Richmond and what the trade was, I know you know deep inside you that if that is the situation he will be traded for what im saying - Geelong are very very easy to deal with as are Richmond
Stanley #21 - got it done
Varcoe what pick was he traded for ?
Mitch Clark - Harry O - Trav Varcoe threesome o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFW , one or the other or neither, can't afford to have two blokes who choose when they play and when they don't in the same side, bad enough having one. Nor should the club use the first two picks of the one draft to get them , it would be a move that destroys the list .
Blokes already on the list are playing VFL for the same reason .

I think you've mistaken Yarrans lack of enthusiasm when it comes to playing for Carlton with picking and choosing when he puts in and when he doesn't. I've watched most Carlton games this year and I will say that when the ball is in Yarrans area he puts his head over the ball and has a crack. Sure there are times like Saturday night when he turns off mentally and gets shown up, but I'd be willing to bet that if he was recruited by us he'd be back to his best. As for Motlop, not sure where you get the idea that he chooses when he plays, granted he has had the odd quiet game, but just this year he averages 22 disposals & 1.5 goals a game. To put that another way, Deledio averages similar numbers, if we can get another player who has an impact like that why would you knock it back.

As it stands we have 26 players aged 24 or younger on the list. Not sure how adding 24 year old Motlop & 24 year old Yarran to that list counts as destroying the list, in fact I'd suggest having those 2 replace the likes of 33 year old Newman or 29 year old Foley or 29 year old Knights would actually improve the make up of our list as it would make the list younger when coupled with the minimum 3 draftees. Then again I could be wrong, we may go down the Essendon path of recruiting old blokes like Chapman Cooney Gwilt & Giles to try and help out push for a flag, but I don't think Dimma is that stupid.

Leuenberger could be ala frawley
There are a number of factors involved in getting a band 1 compo pick and the main factor is the contract thats offered by his new club
Usually $600k is about the mark - Leuenberger will not be getting an offer at that level

Only compo that will influence the 1st round i believe is if Dangerfield offer is not matched by Adelaide

I think you've mistaken Yarrans lack of enthusiasm when it comes to playing for Carlton with picking and choosing when he puts in and when he doesn't. I've watched most Carlton games this year and I will say that when the ball is in Yarrans area he puts his head over the ball and has a crack. Sure there are times like Saturday night when he turns off mentally and gets shown up, but I'd be willing to bet that if he was recruited by us he'd be back to his best. As for Motlop, not sure where you get the idea that he chooses when he plays, granted he has had the odd quiet game, but just this year he averages 22 disposals & 1.5 goals a game. To put that another way, Deledio averages similar numbers, if we can get another player who has an impact like that why would you knock it back.

As it stands we have 26 players aged 24 or younger on the list. Not sure how adding 24 year old Motlop & 24 year old Yarran to that list counts as destroying the list, in fact I'd suggest having those 2 replace the likes of 33 year old Newman or 29 year old Foley or 29 year old Knights would actually improve the make up of our list as it would make the list younger when coupled with the minimum 3 draftees. Then again I could be wrong, we may go down the Essendon path of recruiting old blokes like Chapman Cooney Gwilt & Giles to try and help out push for a flag, but I don't think Dimma is that stupid.
You are 100% Correct _EAD_

Yarran & Motlop will be Electric in the Richmond team
They are exactly the types we are desperately lacking and would be a knighmare to matchup on with our rotations
Delidio,Yarran,Motlop,Cotchin,Martin running through the foward line is scary

My wishlist
Kreuzer F/A
Motlop #13-#15
Yarran #20-#25 (not sure how we can upgrade our 2nd or if Astbury nets us something)
Bennell/Prestia 2016 1st pick
Lonergan 2016 2nd round pick

Every time a Geelong supporter complains the pick they get from us goes down by 1
With the last pick in the rookie draft Richmond select Steven Motlop

Very funny read. All the chest beating and assumptions. Motlop is not worth anything under pick 20. What did Buddy go for again? And those wonderful assumptions on our cap space. We've had the cash for three years. A 7 year offer we made at Fyfe comes to mind.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Yarrens a gun. Carlton is a steaming pile of excrement on the field and a cultural death bed. His age fits our profile, and he can play. And he's got aggro to boot. We could fix his attitude real quick.

Yarrens a gun. Carlton is a steaming pile of excrement on the field and a cultural death bed. His age fits our profile, and he can play. And he's got aggro to boot. We could fix his attitude real quick.

Choco will slap him into shape.

He's really an ideal Blair Hartley target IMO. Underutilized/disgruntled or for whatever reason undervalued mature talent. That's his game. Yarran fits the bill perfectly. Turn him around and he'll be an absolute bargain.

You are 100% Correct _EAD_

Yarran & Motlop will be Electric in the Richmond team
They are exactly the types we are desperately lacking and would be a knighmare to matchup on with our rotations
Delidio,Yarran,Motlop,Cotchin,Martin running through the foward line is scary

My wishlist
Kreuzer F/A
Motlop #13-#15
Yarran #20-#25 (not sure how we can upgrade our 2nd or if Astbury nets us something)
Bennell/Prestia 2016 1st pick
Lonergan 2016 2nd round pick
The AFL is putting restrictions on just how many early picks you can trade in 1 year. You can't just wipe out your entire 1st & 2nd rounders for 2 years.

We snag both Motlop and Yarren, i will be cutting holes on the pockets of my pants just so i can enjoy the news a little more.

Jeff Garlett is gonna kick 40 goals plus for Melbourne this year. Think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back