Gippsland League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So apart from dropping a premiership player, can anyone shed any light on why Warren was sacked?
Rumour has it the players thought he was no good...but i suppose if you spoke to him the club was no good....typical of what sacked coaches say...

From all accounts he just lost the players. He brought a very structured, authoritative coaching method and the players didn't respond positively to it.

I imagine replacing a dual premiership coach and trying to change a philosophy within that playing group that has worked the last two years would not have got a positive reaction!

Morwell 3 from 3 since the sacking of Warren.The decision makers running the club must be over the moon with whats happened since R2..

I see Dean Warren and Nick Johnstone are taking Morwell to VCAT, both are after 10 grand each.
I heard from a little birdie Warren got $1300..lol....fancy going to vcat that cant be good for an already tarnished reputation...clubs surely aren't that stupid to hire these 2 after going to vcat but I suppose MORWELL hired Warren without doing their due diligence to check his previous references...

I heard from a little birdie Warren got $1300..lol....fancy going to vcat that cant be good for an already tarnished reputation...clubs surely aren't that stupid to hire these 2 after going to vcat but I suppose MORWELL hired Warren without doing their due diligence to check his previous references...

Think you will find that your little birdie is way off with his sums.
In regards to the due diligence process , dean warren had previously been assistant to Peter German at coburg , plus had prior positions at Frankston and box hill to my knowledge. His credentials were more than adequate for a minnow country football league such as Gippsland.

Gippsland League now a complete joke after Collison gets a reprimand and is free to play in the GF.
Found guilty of elbowing someone in the head = no suspension.
It's open slather in finals from now on as long as you are prepared to play one short for 15 minutes. Take out the opposition's best player and still be allowed to play the next week.
So much for Maidment's sermon about "whatever it takes to win but within the rules and community expectations".
Absolute joke.
BTW will the replay of the game now be put back on AFL Gippsland TV????

Think you will find that your little birdie is way off with his sums.
In regards to the due diligence process , dean warren had previously been assistant to Peter German at coburg , plus had prior positions at Frankston and box hill to my knowledge. His credentials were more than adequate for a minnow country football league such as Gippsland.

To answer to your reply WORM..Warren may have had credentials but that doesn't mean he is good at what he does!!
Coz if he was he would of lasted more than 2 games at Morwell in that minnow country football league you call it.. Also would of had longer stints at Box Hill Frankston and Coburg... To continually move clubs in short periods of time has nothing to do with credentials.. I think it runs deeper than that.. Anyone can dodge a Resume its whether that Resume has the right information on it. That is where the Due diligence comes in.. And my birdie reckons Morwell didn't do that...As for the payout my birdie says its not far off it... At the end of the day does it really matter except birdies talk , which cant be good for any ones reputation..

To answer to your reply WORM..Warren may have had credentials but that doesn't mean he is good at what he does!!
Coz if he was he would of lasted more than 2 games at Morwell in that minnow country football league you call it.. Also would of had longer stints at Box Hill Frankston and Coburg... To continually move clubs in short periods of time has nothing to do with credentials.. I think it runs deeper than that.. Anyone can dodge a Resume its whether that Resume has the right information on it. That is where the Due diligence comes in.. And my birdie reckons Morwell didn't do that...As for the payout my birdie says its not far off it... At the end of the day does it really matter except birdies talk , which cant be good for any ones reputation..

Dropping a player for missing a compulsory training session and the whole town goes completely off the rails and sack the coaching staff. They ended up 8 and 10 so maybe the coach wasn't to blame ( didn't they lose some good players to northcote park ?)
Game plans take months if not a year to administer to sacking warren after 2 games just doesn't make sense.
Oh, and my birdie doesn't talk s**t and the figure release was in fact for the full contracts and I don't think they would have wasted their time for a pocket change payout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another case of someone guessing.
Knowing Deans character , he certainly wouldn't bother with the rubbish thats been put in this forum.
Have a nice day nevertheless. ...

But you seem happy to respond in his absence and know the exact figure that was paid out..hmmmm

I am tipping Morwell finished 8-10 because they just weren't that good this year!

But you seem happy to respond in his absence and know the exact figure that was paid out..hmmmm

I am tipping Morwell finished 8-10 because they just weren't that good this year!
Pretty sure some sought of payout was negotiated but it wasn't the full amount..by the way isn't any mediation between the 2 parties supposed to be confidential..So someone has talked.. Must be Dean OR his offsider who went to vcat with him who is replying here.. You seem to know what is going on WORM?? by the way people talk in vcat..its a bit like being in politics someone always leaks out information..

Pretty sure some sought of payout was negotiated but it wasn't the full amount..by the way isn't any mediation between the 2 parties supposed to be confidential..So someone has talked.. Must be Dean OR his offsider who went to vcat with him who is replying here.. You seem to know what is going on WORM?? by the way people talk in vcat..its a bit like being in politics someone always leaks out information..

I was merely responding to your post that they in fact received $1300 . Maybe your little birdie should take your advice and keep his information ( or lack thereof) to himself , and then you come in and pass on that information in here ? Don't get it.....

I was merely responding to your post that they in fact received $1300 . Maybe your little birdie should take your advice and keep his information ( or lack thereof) to himself , and then you come in and pass on that information in here ? Don't get it.....

Well how much was the payout then?

your eyes painted on ?

Are yours? If you are Warren you got sacked after two rounds and couldn't see it coming:rolleyes:

I asked a question, what was the amount paid out?

Only Centrehalfbench has stated that Warren and Johnstone were seeking 10k each through VCAT..we will be able to search the decision shortly anyway!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back