Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
If they did lose him, would that affect NL chances very much do you think?
I think it would. Rooza gives them first use of the ball out of the centre on a lot of occasions and is extremely dangerous when resting in the forward line. Also this tribunal issue must be a unwanted distraction for North's preparation. I thought Glenorchy were a warm favourite even if Roozendaal did play but it will be very difficult for them to win if he doesn't play. North are a good side and will still be in with a chance but I think Glenorchy will win by 5 or 6 goals.

I think it would. Rooza gives them first use of the ball out of the centre on a lot of occasions and is extremely dangerous when resting in the forward line. Also this tribunal issue must be a unwanted distraction for North's preparation. I thought Glenorchy were a warm favourite even if Roozendaal did play but it will be very difficult for them to win if he doesn't play. North are a good side and will still be in with a chance but I think Glenorchy will win by 5 or 6 goals.

Tom Bennett is another massive loss for them also, puts a lot of pressure on Zac Burt to fire in the forward line.

Tom Bennett is another massive loss for them also, puts a lot of pressure on Zac Burt to fire in the forward line.

Glenorchy have had a good player in Reynolds back their, with another big guy, Cleary. My magpie mate thinks those two are good key defenders. Looking at NL. they have a very good midfield group. So to Glenorchy. That alone makes for a good clash.

I will be going. My mates wife wont put up with him, so I'll have to keep him settled on the day:p. I'll also have to get him out of the pub & home at a reasonable time or we'll both cop it:rolleyes:

I always like to get to finals games when I can. I havent seen the TSL GF for a while as its been at Aurora. Will be interesting to see the crowd. Also will go to the SFL GF next week, Will be interesting to compare the two crowds.

the big roosa probably is a bit stiff as it did not break anything compared to the young fella in the development squad a few weeks ago for clarence who's jaw was broken in three places and not even a query whether it was intentional or unduly rough conduct apparently the umpires thought that it was fine.
so why the fuss with the big fella roosa let him play and just get on with it. the tribunal is weak and worry about the popular vote/decision too bad they are set in their ways.

the big roosa probably is a bit stiff as it did not break anything compared to the young fella in the development squad a few weeks ago for clarence who's jaw was broken in three places and not even a query whether it was intentional or unduly rough conduct apparently the umpires thought that it was fine.
so why the fuss with the big fella roosa let him play and just get on with it. the tribunal is weak and worry about the popular vote/decision too bad they are set in their ways.

Sorry, what We saw on the video would get a stiff suspension anywhere. It was a head hit by a guy who weighs 140kg. The big guy chose to make a bump. The contact was clearly to the head. The Burnie coach was down for a while & taken off with blood from a head wound. Guilty every day of the week.

Sad, but the big guy made his choice.

If it was accidental, the player still has a duty of care to not make head contact. But it wasnt accidental. He decided to make contact. The rest, as they say, is history.

I read the paper today with the comments by the North Launy president. It was a waste of words. the rules are plain to read. if an official was under some misapprehension as to the rules, its his own fault. If you drink & drive, You cant complain if caught. The rules are the rules & ignorance is your problem, not the police or the court.

He already had a suspended sentence anyway, so he had 'form'.

Sorry, what We saw on the video would get a stiff suspension anywhere. It was a head hit by a guy who weighs 140kg. The big guy chose to make a bump. The contact was clearly to the head. The Burnie coach was down for a while & taken off with blood from a head wound. Guilty every day of the week.

Sad, but the big guy made his choice.

If it was accidental, the player still has a duty of care to not make head contact. But it wasnt accidental. He decided to make contact. The rest, as they say, is history.

I read the paper today with the comments by the North Launy president. It was a waste of words. the rules are plain to read. if an official was under some misapprehension as to the rules, its his own fault. If you drink & drive, You cant complain if caught. The rules are the rules & ignorance is your problem, not the police or the court.

He already had a suspended sentence anyway, so he had 'form'.
I think the tribunal got it right as well. The North Launceston president seemed to be trying to get Roozendaal off on technicalities instead of accepting that his actions deserved a suspension. I do feel sorry for the big fella as missing a grand final in these circumstances is vey disappointing but when the dust settles hopefully people can accept that the tribunal has a difficult job to and I cant see how they could have arrived at a verdict of not guilty, the video evidence put paid to that. Maybe North Launceston could refer this case to the AFL tribunal and see what the outcome would be. The same or maybe worse in my opinion.

I think the tribunal got it right as well. The North Launceston president seemed to be trying to get Roozendaal off on technicalities instead of accepting that his actions deserved a suspension. I do feel sorry for the big fella as missing a grand final in these circumstances is vey disappointing but when the dust settles hopefully people can accept that the tribunal has a difficult job to and I cant see how they could have arrived at a verdict of not guilty, the video evidence put paid to that. Maybe North Launceston could refer this case to the AFL tribunal and see what the outcome would be. The same or maybe worse in my opinion.

Absolutely true IMO. It is sad to miss a GF after going through a whole year.The big guy seems to have a lot of passion for his club. But, like comments of their President & appeals & thoughts of court action, that is unfortunately quite irrelevant. The rules are rock solid. Its the AFL rules. The big guy chose his action which resulted in a fairly severe head hit. He had a let off only recently, so his record is 'ordinary'.

Sad situation, but thats it.

Well what a day. Had a good day at the footy. Watched a really good game & enjoyed the GF presentation. I'm critical of AFLTas, but they seemed to get it right today.

A great day weather wise. My Magpie mate was a bit upset but even he said how good North Launy played at times & it was a good game to watch. Close & tough footy. Glenorchy tried hard but showed a lack of experience. I thought they did well to stay in it at times. I though Glenorchy 'scrambled' well in defence when under the pump. North just looked the better team for long periods of the game. Then the 3rd quarter Glenorchy dominated play but kicked 1 goal 9!. The last quarter Glenorchy attacked relentlessly but Norths defence toughed it out.

Then watched Swans V North whilst my mate drowned his sorrows with a dozen cans or so after tea. Even his Mrs left him alone! A long day but a good footy day. Not sure of the crowd. (Not like it use to be), maybe close to 6k?

Well what a day. Had a good day at the footy. Watched a really good game & enjoyed the GF presentation. I'm critical of AFLTas, but they seemed to get it right today.

A great day weather wise. My Magpie mate was a bit upset but even he said how good North Launy played at times & it was a good game to watch. Close & tough footy. Glenorchy tried hard but showed a lack of experience. I thought they did well to stay in it at times. I though Glenorchy 'scrambled' well in defence when under the pump. North just looked the better team for long periods of the game. Then the 3rd quarter Glenorchy dominated play but kicked 1 goal 9!. The last quarter Glenorchy attacked relentlessly but Norths defence toughed it out.

Then watched Swans V North whilst my mate drowned his sorrows with a dozen cans or so after tea. Even his Mrs left him alone! A long day but a good footy day. Not sure of the crowd. (Not like it use to be), maybe close to 6k?
Full credit to North they are very even and very well coached. I think Zane Littlejohn is bound for bigger and better things and it wouldn't surprise me if he was head hunted by clubs in a higher league. Glenorchy would have to be bitterly disappointed as they had a lot of things in their favour, no travel, no Rooza and a weeks rest. Did they get themselves in to a mindset where they had the game won before the ball was bounced ? Just goes to show anything can happen in a Grand Final.

Full credit to North they are very even and very well coached. I think Zane Littlejohn is bound for bigger and better things and it wouldn't surprise me if he was head hunted by clubs in a higher league. Glenorchy would have to be bitterly disappointed as they had a lot of things in their favour, no travel, no Rooza and a weeks rest. Did they get themselves in to a mindset where they had the game won before the ball was bounced ? Just goes to show anything can happen in a Grand Final.

Talking to a few others, I think maybe those who dont know footy might have thought it was the favorites losing. I think it was at least an even bet. Last years premiers playing a team with not a lot of finals experience, save 1/2 dozen of them.

NL have good depth so didnt seem to miss the big guy. NL got off to a better start & after that it was close on the scoreboard. It has been mentioned that NL got some nice decisions early which resulted in goals:rolleyes:. That happens, but it hurts in a close game. I thought NL did get a bit of the rub of the green, but overall the umpires were just as confusing to both teams & spectators. I've never seen 'mauls' go on for so long, it doesnt help the spectacle. They should have bounced the ball without letting the scrums roll on.

That apart, the better team won & it was an entertaining game. close, tough & lots of scrambling to defend & attack. A credit to both teams really.

Congratulations to Nick Dodge (Lauderdale), Kiernan Lovell (Kingborough Tigers) and Mitchell Hibberd (Clarence) for being selected in the Allies team to take on the AFL Academy U/17s as a curtain raiser match to the AFL Grand Final.

Back to the drawing board for Clarence in there quest for a new coach, after throwing all there eggs in the one basket, Ian Callinan has knocked them back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OOOh AAAAah!! I wonder why? Will he coach somewhere else instead? NHCFC maybe?

Who will coach the roos then?

AAAh the ol' silly season begins early:rolleyes:

Doesn't look like he will coach anyone but is in talks with several clubs for a playing role, Glenorchy believed to be the frontrunner.

Has Trent Bartlett coaches any senior footy, does anyone know? I know he played a pretty mean game at VFL level but I dont know anything about whether he can coach.
Any news on who is coaching NHCFC?. I heard a rumour its a VFL guy. Anyone know anything? Would it be a playing coach like Proctor at Burnie perhaps?

Bartlett has been coach of the state womens team for the last couple of years, not sure he has done any other coaching since his playing days.
Gerald Fitzgerald is your man at Hobart City.

Fitzgerald coached North Ballarat to a VFL flag as NPC. I hope he brings a CHB & a CHF with him!

I'm surprised with Clarence's choice. Bartlett has been out of mainstream footy for a long time. It makes a difference if you lose touch with the current game. Seems they had all their eggs in the Callinan Basket. I wonder if NHCFC have 'chatted' with the Wingster? he'd look good on a flank at NHO!!

Fitzgerald coached North Ballarat to a VFL flag as NPC. I hope he brings a CHB & a CHF with him!

I'm surprised with Clarence's choice. Bartlett has been out of mainstream footy for a long time. It makes a difference if you lose touch with the current game. Seems they had all their eggs in the Callinan Basket. I wonder if NHCFC have 'chatted' with the Wingster? he'd look good on a flank at NHO!!
HCFC have definitely spoken to Callinan, although I've heard rumours now he may play at Glenorchy

Bartlett has been coach of the state womens team for the last couple of years, not sure he has done any other coaching since his playing days.
Gerald Fitzgerald is your man at Hobart City.

Wants to much money. Would of been a good selection though. Simon Goosey of EJ Whitten game a few years back also showed interested I've heard but also at top dollar.

Believe they will settle for a local for less money. Quite disappointing considering the rumours of who showed interest.

Wants to much money. Would of been a good selection though. Simon Goosey of EJ Whitten game a few years back also showed interested I've heard but also at top dollar.

Believe they will settle for a local for less money. Quite disappointing considering the rumours of who showed interest.

Kane Richter?

I heard the Fitzgerald thing too. I guess if its Kane Richter or some other local (Who?) then Callinan might be back in the picture as an assistant? Is that possible? How about Drury since Clarence have dumped him? He & Callinan would pick the club up a bit.

Supposedly Ritcher.

Have heard Callinan maybe a package deal with Blighty. One playing, one coaching but still haven't decided on team yet.

Supposedly Ritcher.

Have heard Callinan maybe a package deal with Blighty. One playing, one coaching but still haven't decided on team yet.

Where did he coach last? I remember him as a lazy player who should have done better. What would he be like as a coach? I'd be happier if Callinan was coach. At least he has recent AFL experience.

Where did he coach last? I remember him as a lazy player who should have done better. What would he be like as a coach? I'd be happier if Callinan was coach. At least he has recent AFL experience.

Blight has coached Smithton and Kingston in the past

Remove this Banner Ad

Back