Crowley delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is surely due a lock after reading this page. This is why I hardly venture onto the main board.

Ryan was a decent goal kicker when he first started from memory.

#neverforget

nSSaTHi.gif

It is fitting that they both got delisted at the same time.

A few seasons ago a couple of friends and myself were giving him some friendly sledges as he walked the boundary having a breather during one of the qtrs at the Dome.
His response was to casually scratch the side of his head whilst giving us the bird at the same time. He had a wry smile on his face while doing it.
Fair to say we pissed ourselves laughing along with the other supporters around us.
Gained a little more respect for him for some reason from that day onwards.
Would've loved him at Carlton a few years ago.

I've never met him myself but from all reports he's an absolutely top bloke.

Always performed a draining role to the best of his ability with an ironic smile on his face. Compare that to someone like Scarlett (for example) who punches someone in the face the minute things get a little heated.

Baffling post. What does my small penis have to do with a scragger druggie being delisted?
It seemed quite a reasonable conclusion to draw considering the content of your post.

I've never met him myself but from all reports he's an absolutely top bloke.

Always performed a draining role to the best of his ability with an ironic smile on his face. Compare that to someone like Scarlett (for example) who punches someone in the face the minute things get a little heated.
I've only met him once, but he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. Showed a lot of appreciation for the club's supporters. It goes without saying that he has achieved far more in his life than the haters crawling out from under their rocks.

So anyone who calls it as it is has a small penis? I may have a small penis but it has nothing to do with what I posted.
Calls it as it is? Man, you're a walking psychology study.

I dont mind crowley, yer hes an average footballer but he was asked to perform a role, and he fulfilled that role very,very well.

I love watching a good antagonist and he never took it too seriously. Always annoying players with a cheeky grin.

Was he an average footballer with limited ability? Yes. Was he a pest? Yes.has the game passed him by ? Yes. Did he perform the role he was asked to do very effectively? Absolutely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he wasn't. He was bog average. He either did, or almost did, got delisted.
Only reason he was an effective tagged was cause he pretty much just played the man. He found himself a niche and ran with it.
He was a late pick in the 2002 draft, got delisted at the end of 2004, put on the rookie list in 2005. Got a debut in 2005 and the rest is history

I never could understand the hate for crowley. Ask yourself what would you have done in his shoes.

You overachieve and land yourself on an afl list. They work out pretty quickly that your crap and get called into the office.

Coach: "look, lets be honest.your pretty s**t at football. You cant kick,you cant mark,your not very athletic. We have been thinking about cutting you at the end of the year, but we would like to give you an opportunity to prove yourself. We want to have you go into a run with role. Basically we dont want you thinking about touching the pill (pun intended). All we need from you is to stop the oppositions best player. Talk crap,pinch,scratch, claw do whatever you have to do take him out of the game. Is that something you think you can manage? Its either that or your jumping out of bushes to wash windscreens when people are at the lights for a living next year"

I shed no tears when scraggers like him get the chop.

Players who can only tag are a disgrace to the game. The great Cameron Ling was the near perfect tagger as he could actually play football. Kane Cornes was another one who was quality. Ryan Crowley and Steve Baker were just grubs.

Won't be missed.
788832_thumb.jpeg

So much for all the Freo fans who came to his defence screaming that he wasn't a drug cheat, it was just a painkiller.

Delistment pretty much confirms he is a drug cheat.
Yeah, nah. Pretty much confirms he's 32 next season and no longer has a role to fill.

Also that you are clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back