English Super League 2015 English Super league discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible, wasn't it? He always was a bit of a roughhouse though, wasn't he?

It's on youtube. Good to see no hesitation from the ref; straight off. He'll get a lengthy ban, I'm sure. First game back from suspension!

Meanwhile I was there to see Wigan post an excellent win, nilling Warrington at their own place (first time it's been done!), and without Joe Burgess too. Sandow couldn't get them going as we bossed the midfield with strong defence. Time and again they coughed up the ball in the tackle, and when they did get through, they were held up over the line. There's been a lot of moaning and groaning from Wigan fans this season, but it looks like we're coming good at the business end of the season.

Terrible, wasn't it? He always was a bit of a roughhouse though, wasn't he?

It's on youtube. Good to see no hesitation from the ref; straight off. He'll get a lengthy ban, I'm sure. First game back from suspension!

It was a horrid tackle. Glad to hear he's ok as it could have been so much worse.

Challenge Cup Final tomorrow. :)

I didn't go last year, but I will this year, it's a terrific occasion. I hope Hull KR make a competitive game of it against hot favourites Leeds.

Wasn't it! Leeds didn't have to overstretch themselves. Very disappointing game, but I was glad I went, if only for the very moving ceremony before the match.

If you seek to renew your faith in the English game, I'm sure the Grand Final will be much more competitive! Leeds have a lot more in the locker than they needed to show there, but ourselves (twice) and other sides have matched and beaten them this season, it's all to play for.

Good win for us yesterday against the Catalans in London.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league

As you can see (if you can), Matty Bowen has still got it! He is a class act, and rookie five-eighth George Williams continues to impress, surely an international half before long. He's still only 20 and only came into the side last season. The coach's faith in him to fill the big boots of Blake Green have been fully justified. Another local teenager in the side, centre Ollie Gildart (34) did well too, scoring one and making another with a deft kick.

Tonight as a curtain-raiser to Wigan's last home game of the season, the U-19s Grand Final between Wigan and Saints was won by Wigan for the second year in a row. Then an eventually convincing win over Castleford means that Wigan will play Huddersfield at home in one semi, with Leeds taking on Saints in the other. A couple of years ago Huddersfield won the League Leaders Shield, but then bottled it and failed to reach the Final. Will it be a similar story this year? Many people think Huddersfield are a better side this time around. We shall see.

I've got to be there for that semi-final,but I have a nasty feeling it's going to be on a Thursday (yeah, I know), which would mean taking two days off work.

Saints have been quite inconsistent pretty much the whole season but hopefully it will be one of their good days this Friday. They certainly have the quality to win the competition but Leeds have got to be the favourites.

As for good Super League wingers - I think both Makinson and Swift are pretty good, and young too. Makinson is particularly good in defense and Swift is a good try scorer, though he's no Mal Meninga of course!

I think it's fair to say Leeds have fallen over the line in the last couple of games, Ryan Hall's try looked very doubtful to me on TV. But they're in the Final now, and will have every reason to think they can take the treble. Looking forward to a great contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back